The Alex Pietrangelo Appreciation Thread

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
If he is such a superstar, how come he has never won personal hardware like a star?

Pronger and Macinnis both did.

Even Brian Lolliott did.

He has not even finished top 3 for Norris ever.

Reactions: mike1320

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
8.8x7 is with a full NMC clause and the SB I’m sure that is apart of the deal is to rich for my blood. Best of luck to you Petro.

Reactions: mike1320

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
I swear to god I better not see mother f***ers shitting on him. Dude earned the right to do what he wanted. He did everything he could here. It sucks, it really does, but let’s not act like he’s suddenly garbage.

Yes I agree. I thought Blues fans are better than this. The last couple posts just shitting on him.

I hope fans don't boo him in his first game back when fans are allowed.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
I swear to god I better not see mother f***ers shitting on him. Dude earned the right to do what he wanted. He did everything he could here. It sucks, it really does, but let’s not act like he’s suddenly garbage.
Petro was, is and will be a great player and I hope he raises another cup (though not before ROR raises another). Incredible Defenseman, a leader and I'll cherish the memories he made for us fans here. Best of luck in Vegas-that is, until we face them in the playoffs!

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
You guys will be fine. These big deals for 30+ year olds almost always look bad in hindsight. At the end of the day you want to continue winning. Not having that contract is probably best for the long term. It’s not a knock on Pietrangelo. I’m an Ottawa fan and would have traded Karlsson for free over that 11.5 mil deal, let alone get Norris Balcers Stützle and company.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Congrats to Petro for the contract he received. It's absolutely reasonable to second-guess the Blues for not being willing to offer what somebody else was willing to in order to steal their best player. Sometimes you've got to play defense and protect what is yours.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
You guys will be fine. These big deals for 30+ year olds almost always look bad in hindsight. At the end of the day you want to continue winning. Not having that contract is probably best for the long term. It’s not a knock on Pietrangelo. I’m an Ottawa fan and would have traded Karlsson for free over that 11.5 mil deal, let alone get Norris Balcers Stützle and company.

Parayko will step in Petro’s spot. How many teams can do that?

Reactions: Random Comment

mike1320

I would've been happy if they found a way to make a deal work, but I'm not all that upset about him leaving. I still feel that if he really, really wanted to stay here and play out his career with the Blues and not uproot his family, he could've bent on his demands and agreed to roughly the same $$$ and lived with the partial NMC that was offered. It's not like Army or the Blues have a habit of buying out old players and kicking them to the curb. Sounds like both parties were too stubborn to make things happen. Grateful for his part he played in giving us our first championship, but I'm ready to see how the new roster is finalized. LGB!

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
bring on the tampering draft picks and i am gonna smile for years.

captain creampuff is gonna be the gift that keeps on giving to us
giphy.gif

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
As much as Vegas loves getting shiny new toys I say Pietrangelo will not play 6 years in Vegas let alone 7. If they can’t force him into accepting a trade they will buy him out. Then this entire weird fascination with a NMC will be a moot point

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

President Skroob

Dec 21, 2019
People at some point will learn that in today’s NHL, star players get full NMC.

If you don’t want to give it to them, somebody else will. It’s that simple.

Alex Pietrangelo is an absolute star and deserves every bit of that contract.

Doesn’t have the hardware for a star player.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Doesn’t have the hardware for a star player.
i know. he's been beaten out for a Norris by defensive stalwarts like Erik Karlsson, PK Subban & Roman Josi. He's tied with Shea Weber in career Norris' trophies and trails Pronger and MacInnis by only one. No reason to think he's not capable or deserving of one someday.

President Skroob

Dec 21, 2019
i know. he's been beaten out for a Norris by defensive stalwarts like Erik Karlsson, PK Subban & Roman Josi. He's tied with Shea Weber in career Norris' trophies and trails Pronger and MacInnis by only one. No reason to think he's not capable or deserving of one someday.

I mean yeah if the others decide they no longer like hockey.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Can we leave this thread open for a while? This can be our thread to discuss all things Petro, just like the Sabres have their ROR thread...

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Can we leave this thread open for a while? This can be our thread to discuss all things Petro, just like the Sabres have their ROR thread...

It's been super interesting watching some Blues fans scuttle to defend all of this similar to the Buffalo fans who were convinced the O'Reilly trade was good for them. Just gonna be curious if Petro goes full on to make us stupid like O'Reilly did with Buffalo.

Reactions: Em etah Eh

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
It's been super interesting watching some Blues fans scuttle to defend all of this similar to the Buffalo fans who were convinced the O'Reilly trade was good for them. Just gonna be curious if Petro goes full on to make us stupid like O'Reilly did with Buffalo.
HE WANTED A NMC!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad