The Alex Pietrangelo Appreciation Thread

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Regardless of how today (or next week) plays out, Alex Pietrangelo has been a tremendous ambassador of Blues hockey, wearing the Blue-note proudly and serving as the most successful Captain in the history of the organization. Ever since he was drafted in 2008, he's performed above anyone's wildest expectations and has given 12 inspiring seasons, and the bulk of his prime, to this organization. Amazingly resilient, steadfastly reliable and predictably productive the only thing that has exceeded his excellence on the ice is the class he has shown off of it. If this marks the end of his time in St. Louis, #27 deserves nothing but well-wishes and appreciation for duty to this organization. The image of him hoisting the Cup for the first time in the club's long history will be indelibly etched into the memory of millions, and replayed by Blues fans for generations to come.

Thank you for your service to this franchise, and if things cannot be worked out despite everyone's best efforts and intentions, you'll forever hold a place amongst the all-time greats in St. Louis Blues history.

baa1b555e5c312ea6917c4187a91a44f.gif

(now stop f***ing around and get a deal done in STL please)

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
While Pronger and MacInnis had higher individual years here, Pietrangelo is symbolically the greatest Blue IMO. If he leaves, I really hope the relationship isn't damaged to the point where it was with Pronger. Pietrangelo has earned his jersey retirement and statue and for neither to be delayed. I will cringe at the sight of seeing another player in the #27 sweater.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I've tried avoiding posting in any Pietrangelo thread because of my bias for the guy. He's my favorite Blue of all time. I didn't grow up with the other famous Blues defenseman, but I still think he would go down as my favorite. I love his skill and his ability to play at an elite level without sacrificing any other part of his game. Is he the best offensively? No. Is he the best defensively? Probably not. But there aren't many players that can be great in both aspects while making it look natural.

I hope the Blues sign him, because I would rather this be an appreciation post and not come off as an eulogy.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
While Pronger and MacInnis had higher individual years here, Pietrangelo is symbolically the greatest Blue IMO. If he leaves, I really hope the relationship isn't damaged to the point where it was with Pronger. Pietrangelo has earned his jersey retirement and statue and for neither to be delayed. I will cringe at the sight of seeing another player in the #27 sweater.
Imagine the meltdown of Faulk going back to 27 if he leaves...

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
He’s the man. I will be upset if he leaves, but he brought a lot to the city, the team, and the fans over his tenure here. I hope it will continue and he’ll get his statue out front and number in the rafters that he so deserves.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I’ll be upset if he signs somewhere else, but not at him. As far as I’m concerned I want his name hanging from the rafters the game he retires and I want a statue of him carrying the cup out front.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
He is a magician in his own end and a horse all over the ice. Also, he seems like a genuine and great person. I hope he doesn't leave.

DangerDarrin

Aug 26, 2014
Petro is the kind of guy that should start his career and retire as a Blue. These kinds of guys are rare to find with all his qualities on and off the ice. Get it done, Army!

blues80

Dec 10, 2018
I never want to keep players in there 30 s petro is a diffrant story if u leave petro we will never forget u

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Looks like this is for real. I will truly miss Pietrangelo and the Blues D will never be the same without him.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Unless Petro says he was going to sign for Vegas no matter what, I will probably resent Armstrong for his handling of this for a very long time. And I'll probably still resent him for the Faulk trade that made this happen regardless.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I mean, there's still a chance we resign AP and move Faulk or Bozak.....the chances are very small, but who knows? Crazier things have happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad