The Alex Pietrangelo Appreciation Thread

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I would've been happy if they found a way to make a deal work, but I'm not all that upset about him leaving. I still feel that if he really, really wanted to stay here and play out his career with the Blues and not uproot his family, he could've bent on his demands and agreed to roughly the same $$$ and lived with the partial NMC that was offered. It's not like Army or the Blues have a habit of buying out old players and kicking them to the curb. Sounds like both parties were too stubborn to make things happen. Grateful for his part he played in giving us our first championship, but I'm ready to see how the new roster is finalized. LGB!
Me neither. Not upset at all.

Pietrangelo and his agent f***ed this up in a big way.

Armstrong did the right thing by bringing in another defenseman before the season, although Faulk would not have been my first choice, and by signing Krug.

Good luck, Pietrangelo! You’re gonna need it!!!

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
The SB and no taxes is what did it in. We included a partial NMC.
JR said he'd go into the details on contract talks in a few days, I suspect we'll all find out what happened once that article comes out, and we'll all be more informed on who to credit (if anyone) and who to blame.

Parayko will step in Petro’s spot. How many teams can do that?
Who steps into Parayko's spot, though?

Pietrangelo and his agent f***ed this up in a big way.
People this morning: Pietrangelo and his agent aren't getting anything near $8M per, they really f***ed this up, Vegas has all the leverage, they're going to squeeze him and he's going to get less than he could have had here. What morons!

People now, after Pietrangelo got 7x8.8: Pietrangelo and his agent really f***ed this up, he could have had ........... well, goddamn it, I just know somehow they f***ed this up! What morons!

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
JR said he'd go into the details on contract talks in a few days, I suspect we'll all find out what happened once that article comes out, and we'll all be more informed on who to credit (if anyone) and who to blame.

Who steps into Parayko's spot, though?

People this morning: Pietrangelo and his agent aren't getting anything near $8M per, they really f***ed this up, Vegas has all the leverage, they're going to squeeze him and he's going to get less than he could have had here. What morons!

People now, after Pietrangelo got 7x8.8: Pietrangelo and his agent really f***ed this up, he could have had ........... well, goddamn it, I just know somehow they f***ed this up! What morons!
Being called a moron by Irish Blues. Thanks!

For the record, I’ve been asserting that he and his agent have f***ed this up BEFORE the announcement of this deal.

But....whatever. I’m just a moron.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
On the other hand, a solid case could be made that this was his and his agent’s plan all along. And, from their perspective, this went along beautifully as planned.

Reactions: mike1320

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
After watching the Strickland interview. I have a different view on Pietrangelo and a not good one at that.

But I'll cherish the picture of him hoisting the Stanley Cup that's hanging on the wall in my office
Last person I'm not buyin is this joker face Strickland. Most akward guy in the world.

This interview didn't gave anything new. Army + front office didn't gave what Pietro wanted and that is what it is. He even take less money for security. This is just so mind-boggling noting majority has noted Pietro will age well and don't have heavy regression so his last seasons might not be bad. And if they are bad? You got 8-year of franchise player, we might celebrite second Cup years with Pietro, but no.

That for sure Krug + Faulk aren't guys who can lift up Cup for us. They both are good blueliners. Its going to be problematic to see who can take Pietro's +25min TOI/GP + heavy minutes at PK.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Is it too much for ask so we could keep this Pietro thread clean? He is still most of us important player and we want to appreciate what he has done for Blues and St. Louis community. Please keep this thread clean.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

blues80

Dec 10, 2018
People at some point will learn that in today’s NHL, star players get full NMC.

If you don’t want to give it to them, somebody else will. It’s that simple.

Alex Pietrangelo is an absolute star and deserves every bit of that contract.
Yes and Armstrong should be gone

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
I won't say anything bad about Pietrangelo. I'm over it. I've moved on.

I appreciate everything he did for the Blues and St. Louis community during his 12 years. He's been nothing but class in St. Louis. Blues are going to miss him. I wish him well in Vegas except when the Blues play.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
After watching the Strickland interview. I have a different view on Pietrangelo and a not good one at that.

But I'll cherish the picture of him hoisting the Stanley Cup that's hanging on the wall in my office
Did he really say that the blues were willing to offer bonus money “albeit in the last year of the deal”?

That’s very nice of them...

Has the structure of the Vegas deal been released yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad