GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft - Nashville, TN - 4:00pm (AZ) - ESPN, ESPN+

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
Yeah let’s punish regular people for the actions of their governments…seems like a great idea 🙄
Oh, yes, still 82% of that people support the war. Let`s love them all.
One bright day cruise missile hit 100 yards near my place, I think maybe you need the same to have some kind of immunity. But I hope that never touch your country.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Oh, yes, still 82% of that people support the war. Let`s love them all.
One bright day cruise missile hit 100 yards near my place, I think maybe you need the same to have some kind of immunity. But I hope that never touch your country.
My country has been bombing the heck out of people in a bunch of other countries for nearly the entire duration of my 38 years on this planet. And when the US government isn’t the one doing it, they’re usually paying someone else to do it for them or at least helping them do it. I have nothing to do with the Bushes or Clintons and nothing to do with either permutation of the Obama regime or the Trump circus. My kids have even less to do with all of these demonic swamp monsters. They should all stop bombing people. All people. Nobody should get bombed.

If it were up to me, any leader that suggested bombing people would get dragged through the streets and thrown into the nearest river.

rt

May 13, 2004
These crazy guys have our duo ranked insanely high. Maybe this is Plandowski’s burner account. Lol.

———

This is Elite Prospects main Russia guy. He had a really nice thread after the selections. Good read:

rt

May 13, 2004

Pronman says that he called around and found that there were several or many NHL teams that had Simashev as their top ranked blueliner.

He also says that most teams had Hrabal as their top goalie and most people thought he’d be the first off the board (I think meaning even if he wasn’t they’re top ranked).

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
My country has been bombing the heck out of people in a bunch of other countries for nearly the entire duration of my 38 years on this planet. And when the US government isn’t the one doing it, they’re usually paying someone else to do it for them or at least helping them do it. I have nothing to do with the Bushes or Clintons and nothing to do with either permutation of the Obama regime or the Trump circus. My kids have even less to do with all of these demonic swamp monsters. They should all stop bombing people. All people. Nobody should get bombed.

If it were up to me, any leader that suggested bombing people would get dragged through the streets and thrown into the nearest river.
Nice, then don't use phrases like "Ukraine disaster" and everything would be OK. Use "russian disaster" or "US disaster" instead.

BTW, Happy Independence Day.

Reactions: rt

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon

This really does sum the kid up nicely.

What the hell is #54 doing? (( google searches )) Olivier Nadeau? 4th round forward from the Q. The other guy back (84) is also a forward. The third guy (Huglen 58), who goes to the half wall but doesn't receive a pass, is also a forward.

Easy to look good in a 3-on-3 when the possibly-exhausted opposition is playing shinny.

Edit: I wanted Benson at 12. But don't read too much into an out-of-context clip from a 3-on-3 pickup game at rookie camp.

rt

May 13, 2004
What the hell is #54 doing? (( google searches )) Olivier Nadeau? 4th round forward from the Q. The other guy back (84) is also a forward. The third guy (Huglen 58), who goes to the half wall but doesn't receive a pass, is also a forward.

Easy to look good in a 3-on-3 when the possibly-exhausted opposition is playing shinny.

Edit: I wanted Benson at 12. But don't read too much into an out-of-context clip from a 3-on-3 pickup game at rookie camp.
I’ve watched him play in around 50 games. He always does this. Which is the point of the post. This is the perfect distillation of what this player is. I had him ranked 4th overall.

Sabre

He's like a pesty gnat. Sabres are so lucky to land him.
I’ve been following the draft extremely closely since 2001 (I’ve watched them all since 1996). I believe Benson is the best combination of motor+skill I’ve ever seen in a draft eligible player.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I’ve watched him play in around 50 games. He always does this. Which is the point of the post. This is the perfect distillation of what this player is. I had him ranked 4th overall.
He's a high-RPM, extreme effort player, absolutely. But my point is that style won't be nearly as effective against players that aren't out of position / disorganized / just not NHL players. Which is so obvious I feel stupid even writing it because I'm not trying to insult your (or anyone else's) intelligence. When you say "he always does this," you mean, "he always works this hard," not "the results are always this good." Because the results won't be that good in October.

I’ve been following the draft extremely closely since 2001 (I’ve watched them all since 1996). I believe Benson is the best combination of motor+skill I’ve ever seen in a draft eligible player.
And I don't know how you find the time to watch that many games + watch the Coyotes + hold down a job + have kids + know all the good restaurants and bars in the East Valley. If there's a pill I can take to stay awake 25 hours a day, DM me ...

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
He's a high-RPM, extreme effort player, absolutely. But my point is that style won't be nearly as effective against players that aren't out of position / disorganized / just not NHL players. Which is so obvious I feel stupid even writing it because I'm not trying to insult your (or anyone else's) intelligence. When you say "he always does this," you mean, "he always works this hard," not "the results are always this good." Because the results won't be that good in October.
Peep his point totals. The results are pretty good.
And I don't know how you find the time to watch that many games + watch the Coyotes + hold down a job + have kids + know all the good restaurants and bars in the East Valley. If there's a pill I can take to stay awake 25 hours a day, DM me ...
I should sleep more.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
1688685783934.png

Might not be the correct thread for this - apologies.
PHNX had Tourigny and co's on a show today and that's how their table looked like.
What the hell is this? A basic student flat set up?
Craig went to Italy, France etc. a few weeks ago. Never, ever, would he have seen this as part of any hospitality anywhere there.
Got to understand how to make people feel welcome, feel important.
That's not how it is done.
Details matter. A LOT.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
View attachment 726811

PHNX had Tourigny and co's on a show today and that's how their table looked like.
Craig went to Italy, France etc. a few weeks ago. Never, ever, would he have seen this as part of any hospitality anywhere there.
Details matter. A LOT.
In defense...the cans are AT's family maple syrup business, and all 3 are a little goofy for my taste, but they talk about the Coyotes so anything they want to put together I'll watch and try not to complain that much.

rt

May 13, 2004
View attachment 726811

Details matter. A LOT.
1) the were onsite at the ice den with a folding table. Not in studio. This was a temporary setup. For one day only.

2) 100% of the junk on the table was FOR the Tourigny interview. Those cans are syrup from his family farm. They pre-made waffles and brought them in a crock pot to do taste testing. They had Guenther and Stempniak sample the waffles also. The Log Cabin jug is there purely as a joke. It’s the opposite of real Quebec maple syrup. Like having McDonalds for a Michelin Chef. Just a joke.

3) They went to where the players and staff already were. That’s how they made them feel welcome. They didn’t I’ve them drive into the studio. They just went out to the practice rink and recorded there.

Reactions: Edenjung

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
1) the were onsite at the ice den with a folding table. Not in studio. This was a temporary setup. For one day only.

2) 100% of the junk on the table was FOR the Tourigny interview. Those cans are syrup from his family farm. They pre-made waffles and brought them in a crock pot to do taste testing. They had Guenther and Stempniak sample the waffles also. The Log Cabin jug is there purely as a joke. It’s the opposite of real Quebec maple syrup. Like having McDonalds for a Michelin Chef. Just a joke.

3) They went to where the players and staff already were. That’s how they made them feel welcome. They didn’t I’ve them drive into the studio. They just went out to the practice rink and recorded there.

Sorry rt, just responding to your post but nothing personal of course, and not ignoring Kaizen and Dr's, naturally.

1- Bring glasses, a glass jug, that you will wash in the facility lavatory when you leave. No plastic, thanks. Like going into a decent picnic, make it appealing a little, it cant be that difficult.
And just check what's in the shot of the camera before you start recording. That's pretty basic.

2- Sure but if you promote Tourigny's family farm, do it better. Do it fully. Show the can, show the product! Not as stray cans lingering around.

I also watched those microwave heated waffles coming in on $.99 camping plates and it is cringe.
Get proper plates.

3- That's a good point but to a degree, sorry rt. These guys are your bread and butter. To turn up where they work, and hope for gratitude, is is really how it should work?

I feel like I am insulting everyone here, sorry if I do. But honestly, it does feel like the standards are so so low, I find it rather... surprising, but maybe I am just plain wrong.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Sorry rt, just responding to your post but nothing personal of course, and not ignoring Kaizen and Dr's, naturally.

1- Bring glasses, a glass jug, that you will wash in the facility lavatory when you leave. No plastic, thanks. Like going into a decent picnic, make it appealing a little, it cant be that difficult.
And just check what's in the shot of the camera before you start recording. That's pretty basic.

2- Sure but if you promote Tourigny's family farm, do it better. Do it fully. Show the can, show the product! Not as stray cans lingering around.

I also watched those microwave heated waffles coming in on $.99 camping plates and it is cringe.
Get proper plates.

3- That's a good point but to a degree, sorry rt. These guys are your bread and butter. To turn up where they work, and hope for gratitude, is is really how it should work?

I feel like I am insulting everyone here, sorry if I do. But honestly, it does feel like the standards are so so low, I find it rather... surprising, but maybe I am just plain wrong.
You're not, but it's the only content we get so I don't nitpick too much

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

May 13, 2004

Get proper plates.

You are not insulting. It would have been better to bring glassware.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
You're not, but it's the only content we get so I don't nitpick too much

I am very grateful for the content too. I am enjoying listen it here and there.

They have done a great job getting access to key people; all credit to them, honestly they have been able to have BA, Xavier and co on the show many times and that's great.

But also.... 605 views on youtube so far in that program produced 7 hours ago. With a rare interview of the head coach of a NHL franchise. That's crazy bad.

Surely they cannot think for a second that this is successful stuff - sorry for being brutal.

So this is where I am at, I am having a go at the pedestrian setup, at the sleepwalking feel of it all, particularly on a day when they get to talk to some key people.

This is where every single detail should matter a lot, well, in my (likely shitty) opinion at least. For the programme, for their guests. For themselves.

It just did not happen today and that's a shame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad