GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft - Nashville, TN - 4:00pm (AZ) - ESPN, ESPN+

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Sorry rt, just responding to your post but nothing personal of course, and not ignoring Kaizen and Dr's, naturally.

1- Bring glasses, a glass jug, that you will wash in the facility lavatory when you leave. No plastic, thanks. Like going into a decent picnic, make it appealing a little, it cant be that difficult.
And just check what's in the shot of the camera before you start recording. That's pretty basic.

2- Sure but if you promote Tourigny's family farm, do it better. Do it fully. Show the can, show the product! Not as stray cans lingering around.

I also watched those microwave heated waffles coming in on $.99 camping plates and it is cringe.
Get proper plates.

3- That's a good point but to a degree, sorry rt. These guys are your bread and butter. To turn up where they work, and hope for gratitude, is is really how it should work?

I feel like I am insulting everyone here, sorry if I do. But honestly, it does feel like the standards are so so low, I find it rather... surprising, but maybe I am just plain wrong.
It was typical Morgan foolishness. Even AT looked embarrassed. Peety was the only one that wanted to talk hockey and was really annoyed at the foolishness.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I am very grateful for the content too. I am enjoying listen it here and there.

They have done a great job getting access to key people; all credit to them, honestly they have been able to have BA, Xavier and co on the show many times and that's great.

But also.... 605 views on youtube so far in that program produced 7 hours ago. With a rare interview of the head coach of a NHL franchise. That's crazy bad.

Surely they cannot think for a second that this is successful stuff - sorry for being brutal.

So this is where I am at, I am having a go at the pedestrian setup, at the sleepwalking feel of it all, particularly on a day when they get to talk to some key people.

This is where every single detail should matter a lot, well, in my (likely shitty) opinion at least. For the programme, for their guests. For themselves.

It just did not happen today and that's a shame.
If your standards are that of the wildly popular French soccer club PSG, then you are going to be wildly disappointed with the popularity/YouTube views of anything Coyotes related. Sadly, 605 views is actually pretty impressive for this market. Have you not seen “media availability” interviews for this team? There are literally two reporters asking questions. Patrick Brown of arizonacoyotes.com, and Craig Morgan of PHNX. It’s embarrassing.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If your standards are that of the wildly popular French soccer club PSG, then you are going to be wildly disappointed with the popularity/YouTube views of anything Coyotes related. Sadly, 605 views is actually pretty impressive for this market. Have you not seen “media availability” interviews for this team? There are literally two reporters asking questions. Patrick Brown of arizonacoyotes.com, and Craig Morgan of PHNX. It’s embarrassing.
Losing all the time, playing way out in the boonies, and operating under constant threat of relocation for decades will do that. Haha.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Losing all the time, playing way out in the boonies, and operating under constant threat of relocation for decades will do that. Haha.
I completely agree. But It doesn’t make it not true. We have a very well done inside access draft video from the team, that I’m sure everyone here has already seen, called “ INSIDE ACCESS EP 201: Expect the Unexpected”. It has all of 1877 YouTube views. This PHNX video already has a third of that in 7 hours. I’m just pointing out that this market doesn’t have enough of the hardcore fans that flock to YouTube in droves to to boost the YouTube views count. Making fun of PHNX Coyotes YouTube views number is not the way to emphasize their lack of production skills.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004

It is a rather depressing fact about the media covering, but it is a fact.

And to be clear, I am not making fun of their youtube numbers, I am reflecting on the crew having the opportunity of interviewing important people for this sport and market, on the way they approached it (which I have been commenting about in previous posts) and what results they are having ie. for me, as a total outsider, it has meant checking the youtube numbers - which is probably the wrong way to look at it.

Maybe they will get some sponsorship out of it, maybe more important or interesting people will want to come along to be interviewed on the show etc etc.

I hope that's what will happen. I wish them to succeed. The whole PHNX/DNVR and co multisport concept is interesting, I like it, but one has to wonder how far and for how long it will go.

So far it feels like the franchises are keen to be involved with those new "channels", so let's hope it continues.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Sorry rt, just responding to your post but nothing personal of course, and not ignoring Kaizen and Dr's, naturally.

1- Bring glasses, a glass jug, that you will wash in the facility lavatory when you leave. No plastic, thanks. Like going into a decent picnic, make it appealing a little, it cant be that difficult.
And just check what's in the shot of the camera before you start recording. That's pretty basic.

2- Sure but if you promote Tourigny's family farm, do it better. Do it fully. Show the can, show the product! Not as stray cans lingering around.

I also watched those microwave heated waffles coming in on $.99 camping plates and it is cringe.
Get proper plates.

3- That's a good point but to a degree, sorry rt. These guys are your bread and butter. To turn up where they work, and hope for gratitude, is is really how it should work?

I feel like I am insulting everyone here, sorry if I do. But honestly, it does feel like the standards are so so low, I find it rather... surprising, but maybe I am just plain wrong.
Damn, I lead a pretty charmed life, but would have never considered such a complaint in a hundred years.
Good eye bro? :laugh:

Freddy Sjostrom

Jun 24, 2018
Crazy stuff if true. Good luck to Philly with this one. MM is going to be taking a pay cut on that rookie deal.

rt

May 13, 2004
I truly don’t care about passing on Michkov. That’s not who I wanted. I wanted Leonard because I correctly believed my higher rated player (Benson) would be there at 12th. If I was in charge, we’d have Leonard and Benson instead of Simashev and But. We still wouldn’t have Michkov, though. And as much as I’m sure that’s what I’d have done, it doesn’t mean I’m right. BA, Plandowski, Hepple, and JFJr know more than me.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
BA, Plandowski, Hepple, and JFJr know more than me.
...and you know more than I! I don't think we had Reinbacher in our top 10 and Simashev maybe somewhat of a reach, but But could end up being the steal of the draft and having both may ease the transition to the NHL easier. Afterall Russians don't typically like the desert.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Nhl prospect radio. Hockey prospect guy on had Simashev at 5, But at 10, Hrabel top of 2nd round, and Moroz in top 37.

rt

May 13, 2004
Nhl prospect radio. Hockey prospect guy on had Simashev at 5, But at 10, Hrabel top of 2nd round, and Moroz in top 37.
I’m getting hyped on this Moroz for sure. Seems like a really fun prospect. I’d honestly never heard of him. Feels like he’s not a worse prospect than Fedotov.

rt

May 13, 2004
Watching a Loko vs Spartak game with my boys. Showing them how you’re not supposed to swarm your own puck carrier, how you’re supposed to have your stick down in front of the net, no pizzas etc. Just showing good habits.

Daniil But absolute smoked a dude. Just crushed a guy. Them later with Simashev in the box, But scored and incredible back hand goal on a short handed break away. Sick moves. The kid is something.

EDIT: haha. And just like that Simashev’s brain melted and he had a horrific turnover behind his own net and spartak scored with ease. Very embarrassing.

rt

May 13, 2004
Watching more of these two, I have to say I’m very surprised by But. I expected a much more “raw” player that was mostly just “toolsy” but he’s much, much more put together than I expected. With Geekie it was extremely obvious in his draft year that it would take a long time for him to develop into his upside. He was very much a “project” pick. I was expecting more of that from But. I don’t think the scouting reports out there during his draft year line up at all with what I’m actually seeing. I feel like most of those reports are crap, honestly.

I’m seeing a very surprising motor, great puck hounding, consistent physical play, very good hockey sense and a dual threat offensively. Also not afraid to go hard to the net with or without the puck. This kid looks like a legit power forward. I read scouting reports that said he was like a skilled smaller player but with a giant frame. I haven’t seen that at all. I’ve seen a kid who absolutely makes the most of his size. Obviously he needs to fill out but it’s refreshing to see a kid who realizes his huge, and uses that to his advantage consistently.

With Simashev, it’s more about seeing potential. His skating is phenomenal. He’s very poised and patient (too patient at times and gets forced into some pretty bad blunders). His all-compass mobility at his size is impressive. Very good all-around skater. He looks great carrying the puck. He closes gaps well, and defends the rush just like you’d want for a big guy with a long stick. Mostly smart, apart from the odd gaffe. There’s a lot more projection for Simashev before you see a top pairing guy. Not much projection needed to see an every day player, though.

I’m a little surprised. I expected these two to be reversed based on second hand reports. That But is the one that you’d have to use your imagination with more to see that final product.

I’m still dealing with a small sample size. Getting really pumped on Daniil But, though. He’s so impressive.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I get the impression that the Coyotes had But rated higher, thought that Simashev wouldn't be there @ 12, and But was relatively unknown to most teams and likely to slide.
Can Geekie and But be on the same line? We'll see about the time I enter my 7th decade...

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
anyone know how to post clips here that aren’t hosted elsewhere? I’ve been clipping some plays of Simashev and But and it seems HF won’t let me post them.

rt

May 13, 2004
Just watched the wildest Loko game. Scored 3 unanswered goals late in the 3rd when down 3-1 and held on for the 4-3 win. Simashev was very smart and very physical all game. But was showing off his skating and playmaking. Surin is really winning me over. He’s an absolute wild man. For better or worse. Loves getting his nose dirty. Plays like he’s shot out of a cannon every shift.

rt

May 13, 2004

C920C096-EC4F-4B5A-A2E4-234808AA6D80.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad