Buzzing BoH
645310cf5db04.png

cut.jpg

Reactions: Ebbisen

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
We have 12 picks. How many players will we draft? I'm guessing fewer.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I believe that WSH will wind up trading to 5 OA with MTL if Michkov is still on board.

If we like Leonard that much and PHL has an eye on him too, but MTL wants to go defense, we don't want to drop back to 8 and watch as the player we would have taken at 6 gets snatched up 1 spot ahead. As talks intensify? Washington will realize Montreal is the team to trade with.

Montreal moves back with the assumption that the Flyers don't take Reinbacher. We get Leonard at 6. That is the safe pick.

I think 12 is the time when we go a little off radar. I am sold enough that if Benson is still there, the risk/reward on size doesn't matter any more. Otherwise, it is some sort of growth player. My only hope is that it is a forward, cause to me, taking the 2nd best D in the top 12 of a draft loaded about 18 deep at forward seems like we didn't nail the strength of the makeup of the draft well. Makes it all the more important that if we do take D at 6 or 12, they MUST hit.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Some VERY interesting tidbits from Pronman in his latest mock:

8A5480E8-8EA0-43D7-8D6B-9D1CE59081CD.jpeg
605ED676-BDC2-4F25-80FA-2C6AA5A33851.jpeg
5544AEEF-00E2-4B37-9E56-5B82FBCF333B.jpeg

1. Terrifyingly: “Almost everyone in the league thinks if Montreal takes someone other than Reinbacher, that the top-rated defenseman will be a Coyote.”

2. Interestingly: “I think the top eight names above go in some order. After that, I think there’s a mini tier of three: Wood, Nate Danielson and Tom Willander.”

3. Surprisingly: “People in the NHL quickly took notice when Armstrong, Arizona’s GM, was spotted live scouting Simashev and Daniil But in Belarus a few weeks before the draft.”

Reactions: MIGs Dog

rt

May 13, 2004
Man o man...please have Montreal take Reinbacher...I wouldn't mind if we got him at #12, but don't want him at #6
I’m feeling today like this:

Reinbacher: 33%
Leonard: 33%
Dvorsky: 33%
Michkov: 1%

And they way they keep smirking and taking about “the unexpected” I wonder if they don’t have But and/Simashev like waaaaay up on their list. Maybe even Wallinder?

On Spittin’ Chiclets, the guys kept talking about how insane the surprises are going to be in on the top five to ten picks. That it’s going to be crazy. They seem to think Smith could go as high as 2nd and hinted at Wallinder going shockingly high.

rt

May 13, 2004
Lol we’re gonna pick Reinbacher at 6 and be the laughing stock of everyone’s post draft articles
Nobody will laugh at that. Everyone will say it’s a fine and sensible pick. He’s been mocked to us in nearly every mock where he doesn’t go to Montreal. The last time a defenseman didn’t go in the top six was 20 years ago when Ryan Suter went seventh. Reinbacher is seen as the top defenseman in this draft. There are no teams in the top ten with a bigger need on the blueline. It’s not that bad. He’s a top prospect would would’ve been in the mix with Nemec and Jiricek last draft.

I’m just bummed about the opportunity cost. There are forwards I like more. But he’s a very good prospect and I’ll make peace with it pretty quick.

All of that said, he’s the one guy I’m hoping we don’t pick. :)

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Fellas, we only took 6 kids to dinner...we're getting 2 of those kids

Leonard, Dvorsky, Reinbacher, Benson, Wallinder, Yager

Book it, it will be some combination of this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad