GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft - Nashville, TN - 4:00pm (AZ) - ESPN, ESPN+

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I have to say that I am impressed with everyone’s ability to remain civil while sharing their opinions. This is how we learn. I like you guys. One thing we can all agree on I hope, is that government and politics suck ass, and we the regular people of the world have to take as much responsibility as we can to make them do better.
It's chaos. Be kind.

Reactions: XX and Coyotes19c

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
So, who was to stand up for the ethnic cleansing of ethnic Russians or the massive corruption in Ukraine to perpetuate these horrendous events?
I haven't heard anything credible about ethnic cleansing. That sounds exactly like some extreme thing Putin would say to justify invading and stealing land. Just like his BS claim that Ukraine was ran by Nazis.

The puppet leader that Russia installed in Ukraine before Zelenskiy was corrupt and Zelenskiy appeared to actually be weeding out the corruption until Russia invaded. I think that his dedication to joining the EU shows how dedicated he is to eliminating corruption. They have to, to be accepted.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Plenty of my friends are dumbasses. Pretty sure they feel the same about me lol
There is disinfo thrown around all over the place on all sides of the aisle purposefully to obfuscate….and everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame. Denzel Washington said it best when talking to a reporter…”you don’t worry about the truth, you worry about being first! Post first, fact check later…” Hard environment to be in when you’re trying to get to the bottom of things.

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
I agree. Accountability would be great…the problem is that the same people that were not held accountable for Iraq, are now also not being held accountable for what they have provoked by repeatedly poking the Russian bear via proxy, after repeated warnings not to do it. Do you think Russia wanted this…like they’ve just been sitting around itching for a good war? I don’t. Doesn’t me I condone it either. Last I’ll say is that all is never as it seems. Historically, whoever the tv is telling you to hate and demonize isn’t usually the one at fault or to blame…at least not entirely.

All love on my end to everyone…it’s a shitty situation for everyone to have to deal with and process.
I'm sorry. Didn't you just call folks a fool for having one interpretation of events and want to set us straight for believing propaganda? If you really believe we provoked this war, it's hard not to believe you aren't buying Russian propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

I didn't form my views from a diet of cable news. Like I am sure is the same for you, I have tried to find a variety reasoned and informed sources and have concluded with my brain and critical thinking skills (I do try to use those Jakey, but I'm sure you would think the education I grew up with leaves me incapable of such) that while our actions aren't perfect, we certainly did not remotely provoke Russia into this action. Putin and Co's own hubris and ambition did.

And my argument wasn't even a moral one. I am saying this is an assymetric war. Each side is trying to make the other side give up by taking actions beyond fighting on the battlefield. For Russia this has meant destroying powerplants in the dead of winter so the people freeze, destroying grain and other exports, and when that doesn't work directly dropping bombs on town squares, trains of civilians trying to flee, and buildings with the world Children written in giant letters in Russian. While I am sure you don't condone these actions, they sure don't seem to get you worked up like Ukraine's asymmetric response. Ukraine and her allies do this by isolating Russia and restricting creature comforts like iPhones and World Junior Championships. It's not just politics, it is a direct action in the war. It's not fair to the Russian people, no doubt. But war isn't. I don't presume your value judgement on these actions, but for me the Ukrainian ones I can support in the face of what their opponent is doing.

I don't want to be arguing about this on a hockey forum so I will stop after this. I don't hate Russians. I am ecstatic about our picks and can't wait to see them over here. I hope the war ends and we can be back to normal soon. But until then I understand why Russia can't participate in international events. I'm not a Russian history scholar, that's true. But I hope you can understand that I came to this view by looking at all the perspectives and information I could reasonably gather and then forming a view.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Being an anti-war army Vietnam War era veteran , I'm going to leave it at that and say all is not what it seems. Will add that I am worried about sending stockpiles of arms to Ukraine when we do not have the current ability to resupply the depletion or how our current oil reserves are so low...

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
Being an anti-war army Vietnam War era veteran , I'm going to leave it at that and say all is not what it seems. Will add that I am worried about sending stockpiles of arms to Ukraine when we do not have the current ability to resupply the depletion or how our current oil reserves are so low...
I agree completely. Thank you for your service!

Reactions: Schemp

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I'm sorry. Didn't you just call folks a fool for having one interpretation of events and want to set us straight for believing propaganda? If you really believe we provoked this war, it's hard not to believe you aren't buying Russian propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

I didn't form my views from a diet of cable news. Like I am sure is the same for you, I have tried to find a variety reasoned and informed sources and have concluded with my brain and critical thinking skills (I do try to use those Jakey, but I'm sure you would think the education I grew up with leaves me incapable of such) that while our actions aren't perfect, we certainly did not remotely provoke Russia into this action. Putin and Co's own hubris and ambition did.

And my argument wasn't even a moral one. I am saying this is an assymetric war. Each side is trying to make the other side give up by taking actions beyond fighting on the battlefield. For Russia this has meant destroying powerplants in the dead of winter so the people freeze, destroying grain and other exports, and when that doesn't work directly dropping bombs on town squares, trains of civilians trying to flee, and buildings with the world Children written in giant letters in Russian. While I am sure you don't condone these actions, they sure don't seem to get you worked up like Ukraine's asymmetric response. Ukraine and her allies do this by isolating Russia and restricting creature comforts like iPhones and World Junior Championships. It's not just politics, it is a direct action in the war. It's not fair to the Russian people, no doubt. But war isn't. I don't presume your value judgement on these actions, but for me the Ukrainian ones I can support in the face of what their opponent is doing.

I don't want to be arguing about this on a hockey forum so I will stop after this. I don't hate Russians. I am ecstatic about our picks and can't wait to see them over here. I hope the war ends and we can be back to normal soon. But until then I understand why Russia can't participate in international events. I'm not a Russian history scholar, that's true. But I hope you can understand that I came to this view by looking at all the perspectives and information I could reasonably gather and then forming a view.
Hey fair enough my friend, I appreciate your take. I came on a little strong out the gate, wasn’t trying to attack by any means. Like you, I hope it’s all over with soon and the world can move on from it.

One other interesting thing people should consider and look into, is the recent development that Blackrock and JP Morgan have teamed up to create a “reconstruction bank” in Ukraine. Blackrock also happens to own large shares of Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing, and other companies that produce weapons and war supplies. So they get to profit off of the destruction AND the reconstruction, isn’t that convenient? Is that what they mean when they say “war is a racket?”

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Hey fair enough my friend, I appreciate your take. I came on a little strong out the gate, wasn’t trying to attack by any means. Like you, I hope it’s all over with soon and the world can move on from it.

One other interesting thing people should consider and look into, is the recent development that Blackrock and JP Morgan have teamed up to create a “reconstruction bank” in Ukraine. Blackrock also happens to own large shares of Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing, and other companies that produce weapons and war supplies. So they get to profit off of the destruction AND the reconstruction, isn’t that convenient? Is that what they mean when they say “war is a racket?”
Reminds me of the links between the chemical, pharmaceutical and food industries. Profit from making us sick and profit from what our doctors tell us to take.

Edit: TheLegend I just saw your warning. I'll move along.

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Wow, a whole day of Ukraine and Putin in here and I missed it?

Too much to say about it, but... watch "Servant of the People" sometime. Season 1 at least. If you get the joke, his line "Putin, Hublot?" Is one of the best lines in TV in any language ever, and got the show banned in Russia for saying it.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I could not care less about Putin or Biden or any of these creeps. I have to imagine most teenage hockey players feel the same. Leave them out of it.
The individuals are correctly permitted to ply their trade elsewhere in the world. The Country is corrected not permitted to be represented elsewhere in the world.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The whole situation sucks, I'm hoping against hope Putin comes to his senses and pulls out of this stupid war but I doubt his intellect can overcome that that small dick energy he's got going on. He's way to insecure to admit he made a huge mistake and instead his dumbass is going to double down!

I hope the Coyotes young Russian players can ignore this stuff as much as possible and focus on hockey. This isn't their fault, there's not a damn thing they can do about it, just stay in their own lane and focus on hockey! And for the love of god kids, please stay out of politics, I don't care what side you're on, politics always ends up the frog and scorpion story. Don't let that f***er get on your back man, just stay the hell out of it!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I have to say that I am impressed with everyone’s ability to remain civil while sharing their opinions. This is how we learn. I like you guys. One thing we can all agree on I hope, is that government and politics suck ass, and we the regular people of the world have to take as much responsibility as we can to make them do better.
Our responsibility is to vote. Why do we always vote these same assholes in every election? There is so much corruption within Governments who even knows anymore if elections are honest. There should be no thing as a "life long politician". The NHL put in a cap to same teams from themselves, now we need term limits to do the same. Even at my age I'm shocked at the level of corruption within our Governments.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The whole situation sucks, I'm hoping against hope Putin comes to his senses and pulls out of this stupid war but I doubt his intellect can overcome that that small dick energy he's got going on. He's way to insecure to admit he made a huge mistake and instead his dumbass is going to double down!

I hope the Coyotes young Russian players can ignore this stuff as much as possible and focus on hockey. This isn't their fault, there's not a damn thing they can do about it, just stay in their own lane and focus on hockey! And for the love of god kids, please stay out of politics, I don't care what side you're on, politics always ends up the frog and scorpion story. Don't let that f***er get on your back man, just stay the hell out of it!
Good post.

This entire podcast is great. But start listening at 41:50 if you just want to hear about Simashev and But. This is where they’re asked to talk about their personal favorite prospects. And what follows is very exciting.

This really is worth a listen.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I listened to the couple minutes starting at that 41:50 mark…it was a few comments on them and then they switched gears. Do they circle back on those guys again?
It was brief. It was one of the three getting to sound off on his personal favorites. But the whole pod is good. And that one guy is the one who put out most of those highlight packages we’ve seen on Simashev. But he’s definitely not alone in his love for these guys. Elite Prospects had Simashev as their top D and rated 8th overall. Their rankings shows are available on YouTube also.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It was brief. It was one of the three getting to sound off on his personal favorites. But the whole pod is good. And that one guy is the one who put out most of those highlight packages we’ve seen on Simashev. But he’s definitely not alone in his love for these guys. Elite Prospects had Simashev as their top D and rated 8th overall. Their rankings shows are available on YouTube also.
I was disappointed with our draft selections because we didn't pick one of the so called "named prospect" we were all talking about. Truth be told, none of us have any idea what we are talking about when it come to these kids. Hell, even the so called experts screw up the draft. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad