GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft - Nashville, TN - 4:00pm (AZ) - ESPN, ESPN+

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Everyone do yourselves a favor and listen to the last 12mins of this podcast.

Listen at 1.5x if you want to get it down to 9mins. It’s worth it.

BA stated that in his heart, he thinks Simashev will end up being the second best player in this draft. So, I wonder what would have been said if we had picked top three pick and selected Simashev? This kid can skate like the wind.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Sounds like Benson is really ripping it up this preseason. Possibly forcing his way onto the Sabres. I’d have taken him 4th overall. I might like him better than Leo Carlsson even. Only guys I’d have taken ahead of him without hesitating are Bedard and Fantilli. It’s like 50/50 with Carlsson. I had Benson ahead of Smith without hesitation. It will be fun to see how wrong or how right I am. I’m usually wrong. The vast majority of the time. But I think this might be one I get right. I’ll maybe get another one right in about five years. Lol.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Sounds like Benson is really ripping it up this preseason. Possibly forcing his way onto the Sabres. I’d have taken him 4th overall. I might like him better than Leo Carlsson even. Only guys I’d have taken ahead of him without hesitating are Bedard and Fantilli. It’s like 50/50 with Carlsson. I had Benson ahead of Smith without hesitation. It will be fun to see how wrong or how right I am. I’m usually wrong. The vast majority of the time. But I think this might be one I get right. I’ll maybe get another one right in about five years. Lol.
Brad Ralph almost made the Coyotes one year. It’s preseason but i will say Bensen has 1st oine skills so passing on him twice was something that my draft list didn’t reflect. That being said he got injured on a dirty hit last year and came back and wasn’t as dominant. Good to see him get back to where he was but i just wonder if the Sabre roster can add both Bensen and Savoie. Just seem like a very small squad they are building.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Brad Ralph almost made the Coyotes one year. It’s preseason but i will say Bensen has 1st oine skills so passing on him twice was something that my draft list didn’t reflect. That being said he got injured on a dirty hit last year and came back and wasn’t as dominant. Good to see him get back to where he was but i just wonder if the Sabre roster can add both Bensen and Savoie. Just seem like a very small squad they are building.
Savoie, Benson, Rosen, Ostlund, Kulich, Poltapov. Not big, that’s for sure.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Benson isn't going to be on the team.

They've got plenty of prospects that are on the cusp and they can take their time with Savoie, Benson and others. Benson is a top 6 player, there is no room for him in Buffalo's top 6.

Tuch/Tage/Skinner
Peterka/Cozens/Quinn

Buffalo is loaded w/prospects, Kulich, Poltapov, Ostlund, Rosen, Rousek, etc... They're going to take their time because they can.

They send Benson/Savoie back and then work on trading Skinner and bring in Benson for Peterka and Savoie for Skinner next season...makes too much sense.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Benson isn't going to be on the team.

They've got plenty of prospects that are on the cusp and they can take their time with Savoie, Benson and others. Benson is a top 6 player, there is no room for him in Buffalo's top 6.

Tuch/Tage/Skinner
Peterka/Cozens/Quinn

Buffalo is loaded w/prospects, Kulich, Poltapov, Ostlund, Rosen, Rousek, etc... They're going to take their time because they can.

They send Benson/Savoie back and then work on trading Skinner and bring in Benson for Peterka and Savoie for Skinner next season...makes too much sense.
Where is Peterka going?

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Where is Peterka going?
Peterka slides to 3rd line

Savoie/Tage/Tuch
Benson/Cozens/Quinn
Peterka/Mitts/Olofsson
Greenway/Kulich/Rosen

Here are the guys they will most likely trade, because they have so many prospects waiting to get a shot: Olofsson/Skinner/Okposo/Krebs/Jost, and possibly Greenway if he doesn't show something this season.

Last edited:

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
The Sabres got size on the back end though. As we saw with Vegas, as much as I despise them, a huge key to winning was having a big, nasty defense that can skate, and then your small forward can win the conn smythe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad