Speculation: The 2022 Hockey World Championship Thread (Dahlin, Asplund, Cozens, Hayden)

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I know the veteran rule in the AHL might make it difficult but if we had Friberg as a NHL-AHL tweener for a couple of years he'd sort out Rosen and Kisakov for us. He'd turn them into meat cannon balls.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I know the veteran rule in the AHL might make it difficult but if we had Friberg as a NHL-AHL tweener for a couple of years he'd sort out Rosen and Kisakov for us. He'd turn them into meat cannon balls.

I can't see him giving up SHL life to come back to riding the AHL busses again. Now if Frolunda wants to acquire Rosen and the Sabres can lend them Kisakov... I'd be doing some handstands over that. Frolunda just cranks out players.

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

Now Dahlin is up against Buffalo forward Dylan Cozens, who has had a good World Cup tournament in terms of points and scored four goals and four assists in seven games.

- I'm very close with him. I know how he is, says Rasmus Dahlin and smiles quirkily.

And what does it mean?

- He is extremely competitive. When it does not go his way, he does not get so happy. So I'll try to make him feel that way today.

How?

- It's lying on him all the time. He is a super skilled player. If you take away his time so he can never take the puck, his game disappears and then he can get a little grumpy, hehe. Today it is "no friends".

Rasmus is awesome

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I’m very curious to know what a meat cannon ball is.
giphy.gif

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Found the play, didn't think it was all that egregious (10:02 of the first period behind the Swedes' net).

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I can't see him giving up SHL life to come back to riding the AHL busses again. Now if Frolunda wants to acquire Rosen and the Sabres can lend them Kisakov... I'd be doing some handstands over that. Frolunda just cranks out players.
Friberg is a large part of that. I'd give him a one way deal and see him as an extra coach/culture insurance that can pk and fill out the NHL roster if multiple injuries occur (which they will with Buffaluck).

I’m very curious to know what a meat cannon ball is.
It's a weapon developed to stop the Toronto Maple Leafs reaching the second round.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Dahlin with the puck over the glass delay of game and Dubois draws the Canadians to within 1. I think Cozens will get the 2ndary on that PPG.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
What I'd like to see happen, in order:

1. Asplund scores, with an assist by Dahlin
2. Dahlin scores, with an assist by Asplund
3. Cozens scores

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
3-4

As a result, Sweden could easily win, but Wallmark did not hit an empty net, Dahlin retired with a puck release, and Nylander penalty to OT for some reason. Sweden, as always, can do nothing in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad