Speculation: The 2022 Hockey World Championship Thread (Dahlin, Asplund, Cozens, Hayden)

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
I just read the rules of the tournament for the first time, and I don’t think they have a rule for challenging the net being knocked off.

But, they have differing rules for reviewing offside vs. goalie interference. Losing an office challenge results in a minor penalty while losing a goalie interference challenge results in losing your timeout (given you still have a timeout).

What a shitshow…

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
The video just played during the intermission of the ref saying to Julien, “That’s my bad, there’s no coaches challenge. This goes upstairs, so we have no penalty, we continue.” So I guess I read the rule book right. The officials messed up and thought it could be challenged when it couldn’t. Had to backtrack.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
This tournament is so weird and fun. I just love this thing and I'm ready for next year. I have had more fun watching this than the NHL playoffs.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
The Cozens results were exciting, will they translate to the Sabres ? He has some offseason work to do in the gym and ecsepcially on his shot and hands. Did those look better in the Tournament ? Also shows that linemates, ice-time, and chemistry could all be factors going forward. Thoughts @Chainshot ?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Cozens results were exciting, will they translate to the Sabres ? He has some offseason work to do in the gym and ecsepcially on his shot and hands. Did those look better in the Tournament ? Also shows that linemates, ice-time, and chemistry could all be factors going forward. Thoughts @Chainshot ?

It reminded me of his performances at the U20's in 2021 in many ways and should be another positive reinforcement on his progression as a pro. His transition game this year was actually top notch, this gives him something to build on where he showed against quality competition that he can fulfill a top line role. He also wasn't a one-trick pony with how he was scoring. He finished from in tight, he overpowered from the low LW circle, he jammed things in through size and net drive. All in all, it should be something viewed as growth. He's still only 21 and he's going to be stronger and more physically mature going into next season seems likely. He's already said he's staying in London with Bryson to train rather than heading up to Whitehorse.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad