Speculation: The 2022 Hockey World Championship Thread (Dahlin, Asplund, Cozens, Hayden)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
:laugh: Nordström just pisses me the f*** off.

Well, all this to say. All around throughout the duration of the tournament Asplund showed promise and was Swedens best all around forward. Reminded me of other WHC performances from other swedish players before their breakout in the NHL.

I've told my son that when/if he ends a relationship, do it with the white hot anger of Swedish hockey fans toward Team Sweden's coaching staff.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Czechs started playing instead of carping at the refs, through 3 past Swayman within the first 3 minutes of the period. And now Hartman gets stupid and takes a double minor...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That third period by the Czechs... wow. And the US brass needs to do a better job of getting players to come. And while they're at it, getting better balance - any team that has issues with injury to a position and instead decides to add two forwards and a goalie instead of a defenseman is not doing itself any favors.

There is a shot of Quinn standing with Granato after the game was over... so much exasperation.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Sam Hallam is the first Swedish coach I've liked since Mårts. Before Mårts it was pretty abysmal as well. Hopefully thry'll be less terrible in the future.

We could open up an asshat shop with the collection we have.
Mårts was a pretty decent game coach. Unfortunately he was a bit abrasive and had some pretty public disputes with some players.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
That third period by the Czechs... wow. And the US brass needs to do a better job of getting players to come. And while they're at it, getting better balance - any team that has issues with injury to a position and instead decides to add two forwards and a goalie instead of a defenseman is not doing itself any favors.

There is a shot of Quinn standing with Granato after the game was over... so much exasperation.

Jack Quinn? What was he doing in Finland?

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Cozens and Asplund looked like they turned it up a few notches during this tournament vs nhl regular season. Hopefully 2 guys poised to break out to their draft potential.

Reactions: Chainshot

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
That shift by Cozens-PLD around 10 minutes left in the 2nd was pure domination. They kept the puck by themselves for an eternity in the ozone setting up a good chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad