Prospect Info: The 2021 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
It's interesting to me that we are starting to see some kids born and raised in Winnipeg that grew up huge Jets fans. Seth Jarvis last year and Carson Lambos this year. Would be interesting to get a kid into the org who grew up cheering for the team and who watched games in the arena and whose favourite players were Jets. Saw an interview with Lambos and he said his favourite player growing up was Buff.
I wish the jets would have taken Jarvis over Perfetti, he is exactly the player the jets need. I would like for the jets to try to get him or Patrick this short offseason.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Scouch is a big fan of Scott Morrow. I'm interested at 17 OA.

I noted him as a potential target a bit earlier. I'd guess that Jets US superscout, Max Giese, has a good read on him. US high school is hard to scout, but the Jets drafted Samberg from there a few years ago.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I noted him as a potential target a bit earlier. I'd guess that Jets US superscout, Max Giese, has a good read on him. US high school is hard to scout, but the Jets drafted Samberg from there a few years ago.

The video footage is interesting. A quick glance and two of the lists I follow don’t have him in the top 30 (McKenzie and Black Book). Intriguing size and skill.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
This is NOT going to be a fair draft for the Winnipeg Jets. There is only 1 high rated RHD Brandt Clarke who will be gone in the top 10 with Corson Ceulemans being the only RHD who may go in the 1st round. I have read he could go anywhere from 18 to 28. We have #17 pick so it wouldn't be that much of a reach.

If Winnipeg intends on filling their biggest weakness he is the most realistic option. If Cheveldayoff takes the best player available, especially, someone who falls to them at #17, I would be happy.
Ceulemans, a good Regina kid...could pan out.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I wish the jets would have taken Jarvis over Perfetti, he is exactly the player the jets need. I would like for the jets to try to get him or Patrick this short offseason.

What made Jarvis exactly the player the Jets need over Perfetti?

I don't mind trying Patrick depending on the cost but where a player is from doesn't really make a difference to me.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The video footage is interesting. A quick glance and two of the lists I follow don’t have him in the top 30 (McKenzie and Black Book). Intriguing size and skill.
He and Ceulemans are RD I am intrigued by.

Reactions: ps241

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
What made Jarvis exactly the player the Jets need over Perfetti?

I don't mind trying Patrick depending on the cost but where a player is from doesn't really make a difference to me.
I would have loved to have had both Perfetti and Jarvis but right now the jets could use a fast winger to play with PLD and Ehlers. Jarvis lit it up in his AHL time this past season. Both great prospects but The Quickness of Jarvis is the key.

Reactions: Klondiker98

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Jarvis played 9 games and had 11 points. Too small a sample to say he “lit” up the AHL. He was playing on the top team with top players. Once he got to the WHL he was barely a point per game player in 24 games and wasn’t even the best player or prospect on the Winterhawks. He finished in the 40’s in league scoring.

He didn’t make World Jrs or Men’s world Championship team.

Great prospect but a hot start over a short period followed by mediocre WHL league play sure has got a lot of play.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I would have loved to have had both Perfetti and Jarvis but right now the jets could use a fast winger to play with PLD and Ehlers. Jarvis lit it up in his AHL time this past season. Both great prospects but The Quickness of Jarvis is the key.
I think Jarvis would be a terrific fit.

But I also think Perfetti could be a very good linemate for Dubois, at least early in his NHL career. Perfetti doesn't skate as fast, but he thinks and acts very fast. He's also very good in zone exits and entries.

Analyzing Dubois' game, he seems more comfortable with quick puck movement and then moving into space. A lot of the Jets forwards tend to like to rag the puck in the offensive zone trying to break free. I recall the times when Connor would go through repeated switch-backs with the puck, trying to shake off a defender, while Dubois is basically standing around waiting. Maybe it'll work once Dubois has spent more time practicing with them, but he doesn't seem to play that style (Scheifele does).

Perfetti seems to play a more puck movement and interchange game, that might suit Dubois better. Also, Perfetti is really good at finding and getting the puck to players on the fly. Connor is bad at that.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think Jarvis would be a terrific fit.

But I also think Perfetti could be a very good linemate for Dubois, at least early in his NHL career. Perfetti doesn't skate as fast, but he thinks and acts very fast. He's also very good in zone exits and entries.

Analyzing Dubois' game, he seems more comfortable with quick puck movement and then moving into space. A lot of the Jets forwards tend to like to rag the puck in the offensive zone trying to break free. I recall the times when Connor would go through repeated switch-backs with the puck, trying to shake off a defender, while Dubois is basically standing around waiting. Maybe it'll work once Dubois has spent more time practicing with them, but he doesn't seem to play that style (Scheifele does).

Perfetti seems to play a more puck movement and interchange game, that might suit Dubois better. Also, Perfetti is really good at finding and getting the puck to players on the fly. Connor is bad at that.

It will be fun to monitor Jarvis as the years go by.

I agree with you that I think Perfetti might be the kind of player to mesh with PLD. I am just thrilled we are adding another play driver that knows how to enter and exit the zone. That is a big weakness in our top 6.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It will be fun to monitor Jarvis as the years go by.

I agree with you that I think Perfetti might be the kind of player to mesh with PLD. I am just thrilled we are adding another play driver that knows how to enter and exit the zone. That is a big weakness in our top 6.

Perfetti's biggest weakness is his skating and if he can improve on that the sky is the limit to what he could be able to do. At this age you can't teach hockey IQ. Kids got it in spades. He's already a great shooter and passer. Kid his the work ethic and great character the Jets love as well. Scheifele was able to improve on his overall skating and took massive strides forward because of it.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Perfetti's biggest weakness is his skating and if he can improve on that the sky is the limit to what he could be able to do. At this age you can't teach hockey IQ. Kids got it in spades. He's already a great shooter and passer. Kid his the work ethic and great character the Jets love as well. Scheifele was able to improve on his overall skating and took massive strides forward because of it.

I agree with Perfetti it just comes down taking his skating to the next level. Brayden Point is an example of a small Centre that went back to the WHL for two seasons after he was drafted and by D+3 he stepped right in to the Lightning line up and was productive. I really like how Cole progressed this last season in the AHL and hopefully the new CHL agreement will allow him to play in the AHL again next season. I love Cole but I think he is 16 to 18 months away from being NHL ready. Could he survive in the NHL next season under a vet centric coach like Maurice? Maybe, but surviving is not really the goal of our most prized prospect. He needs another season of physical/skating development IMO.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I agree with Perfetti it just comes down taking his skating to the next level. Bryden Point is an example of a small Centre that went back to the WHL for two seasons after he was drafted and by D+3 he stepped right in to the Lightning line up and was productive. I really like how Cole progressed this last season in the AHL and hopefully the new CHL agreement will allow him to play in the AHL again next season. I love Cole but I think he is 16 to 18 months away from being NHL ready. Could he survive in the NHL next season under a vet centric coach like Maurice? Maybe, but surviving is not really the goal of our most prized prospect. He needs another season of physical/skating development IMO.

Yeah really hoping he lands in the AHL next year. Though given a chance to make the team out of camp and get some games early isn't a bad idea either. If he looks out of his depth being able to send him down the hall to the Moose rathers than shipping him back to the OHL would be nice.

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
I truly think this year picks could come off the board on a regular basis anything is possible.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Pronman’s final 151 ranking just released. Here’s the 10-19 range:

Cossa
Wallstedt
Edvinsson
Ceulemans
Chibrikov
Coronato
Kirsanov