Prospect Info: The 2021 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Just a reminder of McKenzie's mid-term rankings. He tends to be the closest to how the picks actually turn out on draft day.

upload_2021-6-16_10-20-36.png

Reactions: ps241 and MardyBum

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
A lot will depend on when those goalies go and if teams make deals for draft picks. Draft picks are worth a lot more at the draft then say at the trade deadline

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If Lambos and Ceulemans go ahead of us then L'Heuruex is someone that could be an interesting option.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Lambos and Ceulemans go ahead of us then L'Heuruex is someone that could be an interesting option.
I like Bourgault as a R shot C/W. I also think the Jets could use a fast, offensive fireplug type of forward on RW like Coronato or even Stankoven. If Lucius drops, even better. Too bad the Bruins don't have 3 picks before our #17 this year.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I like Bourgault as a R shot C/W. I also think the Jets could use a fast, offensive fireplug type of forward on RW like Coronato or even Stankoven. If Lucius drops, even better. Too bad the Bruins don't have 3 picks before our #17 this year.
Would be neat to get both Bourgault and his big RW linemate Nadeau.

I realize that drafting CHL linemates is a thing that fans sometimes get excited about but which never actually happens.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I would love to draft Lambos. I think he has the potential to be a top pairing guy, and could play his whole career here (local kid). Before the WHL shutdown he was seen as a potential top 10 pick if im remembering right.

Have you watched Lambos play much? Sounds like he was mediocre in Finland and had health issues in the WHL? Pronman projects him to be a tough to play against 2nd pairing D man.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Yeah I I'm not overly big on Stankoven. Seems like hed be one of those great regular season but disappears in the playoffs types. L'Heuruex has a lot of that on the edge type of play. Not afraid to go to the dirty areas. I do like Coronato. Hard to guage anyone on the Steel. Team is stacked beyond belief. Pretty sure they could take a strong run at the memorial cup if given the chance.

Reactions: ps241

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Have you watched Lambos play much? Sounds like he was mediocre in Finland and had health issues in the WHL? Pronman projects him to be a tough to play against 2nd pairing D man.

Yeah I dont see him developing into an all situations #1D but a well rounded #3-6 who can PK isn't out of question.

Reactions: surixon and ps241

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Would be neat to get both Bourgault and his big RW linemate Nadeau.

I realize that drafting CHL linemates is a thing that fans sometimes get excited about but which never actually happens.
Good chance that Bourgault ends up as a RW in the NHL. He's a good playmaker, but also has a good scoring instinct. Jets could use some skill / scoring at RW in the future as Wheeler declines.

Reactions: surixon and boydkc

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I'm hoping we grab Ceulemans, Coronato or Lambos in the 1st and then I was hoping for Scott Morrow in the 2nd round but it feels like he's a riser and won't be there for us.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm hoping we grab Ceulemans, Coronato or Lambos in the 1st and then I was hoping for Scott Morrow in the 2nd round but it feels like he's a riser and won't be there for us.

It's just to hard to say where anyone goes in this draft.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yeah so was Vesalainen. I'm not holding my breath that Torg becomes much more than a decent bottom 6 option.
Different profile as a player, but the Jets could use a prospect or two that plays above their draft position.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He went to the dirty areas a fair but in Finland but was also pretty money on the PP.
I think Vesalainen is showing signs of playing in harder areas, but he's not like Gallagher or Hornqvist types. Jets could use a forward or two that is effective in the net-front areas.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think Vesalainen is showing signs of playing in harder areas, but he's not like Gallagher or Hornqvist types. Jets could use a forward or two that is effective in the net-front areas.

Yeah just hard to project who those players will be. Size isnt always the indicator. Gallagher proves that. That's why I like L'Heuruex kid has no fear.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Hard to tell who might be there when we pick. Would guys like Logan Mailloux (RD), Aleksi Heimosalmi (RD) or Matthew Knies (C) be there when we pick at 50? There's other guys that HockeyProspect.com has in their 1st round that are scattered into the 2nd and 3rd on the McKenzie list.

2021 NHL Draft Rankings - HockeyProspect.com

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yeah just hard to project who those players will be. Size isnt always the indicator. Gallagher proves that. That's why I like L'Heuruex kid has no fear.
Coronato is another forward with skill who is known for being competitive and going to tough areas. He lacks size, but could still be effective.

But I'm still hoping Torgersson or Vesalainen can become effective big wingers that are hard to play against and can add some scoring punch.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Coronato is another forward with skill who is known for being competitive and going to tough areas. He lacks size, but could still be effective.

But I'm still hoping Torgersson or Vesalainen can become effective big wingers that are hard to play against and can add some scoring punch.

I think Ves will be given every opportunity to do that next season if we take Moe at face value.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Yeah both have some potential to be big power forwards. I think Ves will get lots of chances to prove he can hang in the top 6. But results matter and he just isnt getting them yet.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
He looked pretty good last time I saw him play - he had 7 goals in a 10-9 loss to my kids team in the playoffs when they were 10 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad