Edvinsson
Ceulemans
Chibrikov
Coronato
Kirsanov
Lambos
Sillinger
Raty
Pronman's list shows how this draft is going to be wildly unpredictable after the top 10 or 12 in Round 1. Almost certainly, there are going to be some top players that end up sliding because of the unique challenge of scouting this year, and the scattershot quality of the draft prospect pool. As an example, he has Scott Morrow ranked much lower than many others at #93. He might be of considerable interest to the Jets in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Even though this draft class looks spotty, I'm hoping the Jets can pick up a top prospect or two. The Jets' scouts need to show their quality this season.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Pronman’s final 151 ranking just released. Here’s the 10-19 range:

Cossa
Wallstedt
Edvinsson
Ceulemans
Chibrikov
Coronato
Kirsanov
Lambos
Sillinger
Raty
I thought many had Edvinsson in the top 5? What a weird draft this will be

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
I thought many had Edvinsson in the top 5? What a weird draft this will be
I’ve seen that as well and thought it odd Pronman ranked him so low, comparably. Keep in mind that Bob’s rankings are much closer to actual draft results while Pronman’s are personal preference/estimation of future success. I can’t imagine Edvinsson goes as late as 12th OA given he’s a 6’4 200lb defenseman. A team will likely value the size more than his skill/accomplishments thus far.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I’ve seen that as well and thought it odd Pronman ranked him so low, comparably. Keep in mind that Bob’s rankings are much closer to actual draft results while Pronman’s are personal preference/estimation of future success. I can’t imagine Edvinsson goes as late as 12th OA given he’s a 6’4 200lb defenseman. A team will likely value the size more than his skill/accomplishments thus far.
Yeah, I’m putting together my board right now and I’m having difficulty placing him. I tentatively have him going #5 to Columbus, but I need to do more research.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Pronman's list shows how this draft is going to be wildly unpredictable after the top 10 or 12 in Round 1. Almost certainly, there are going to be some top players that end up sliding because of the unique challenge of scouting this year, and the scattershot quality of the draft prospect pool. As an example, he has Scott Morrow ranked much lower than many others at #93. He might be of considerable interest to the Jets in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Even though this draft class looks spotty, I'm hoping the Jets can pick up a top prospect or two. The Jets' scouts need to show their quality this season.

Seems like the kind of draft that if you are in the mushy middle moving back a bit and snagging an extra pick or two might not be a bad ideas. I'm guessing most lists differ heavily after the first 7 or 8 guys.

Reactions: Cypruss

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah, I’m putting together my board right now and I’m having difficulty placing him. I tentatively have him going #5 to Columbus, but I need to do more research.

Here's how I think it plays out.

1. BUF - Power/Beniers
2. SEA - Beniers/Power/Hughes (Might go for a home run pick like Hughes rather than a safe pick like Beniers)
3. ANA - Hughes/Clarke/Edvinsson (likely going D)
4. NJD - Clarke/Hughes/Edvinsson (likely going D)
5. CBJ - McTavish/Beniers (likely going C)
6. DET - Edvinsson/Wallstedt (if the big Dman is there they take him, could opt for the goalie though)
7. SJS - Eklund/Wallstedt/Cossa (Either go Eklund or goalie)
8. LAK - Guenther (they want a scorer, have for awhile)
9. VAN - Johnson (Nucks love the skill guys, Johnson could explode similar to Pettersson)
10. OTT - Lucius/Lysell/Sillinger (I think they go forward here)
11. ARZ - Forfeit
12. CHI - Wallstedt/Cossa (I think they are gonna lean into one of the goalies, prepping for eventual rebuild that is on the horizon)
13. CGY - Sillinger/Lysell/Lucius (I think Flames lean forward)
14. PHI - Lysel/Lucius/Sillinger (Also think Flyers lean forward)
15. DAL - Svechkov (Stars are no strangers to picking Russians)
16. NYR - Raty (I think given the Rags position they might take a big swing for fences with Raty)
17. STL - Coronato/Lambos/Ceulemans (Hard to tell where the Blues go with this pick)

Then it's us. Depending on how things shake out we might get our pick between Ceulemans or Lambos. I'd lean Lambos just because I think he's more talented overall than Ceulemans but he is a LHD and Ceulemans is a RHD.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

1. BUF - Power/Beniers
2. SEA - Beniers/Power/Hughes (Might go for a home run pick like Hughes rather than a safe pick like Beniers)
6. DET - Edvinsson/Wallstedt (if the big Dman is there they take him, could opt for the goalie though)
9. VAN - Johnson (Nucks love the skill guys, Johnson could explode similar to Pettersson)
11. ARZ - Forfeit
12. CHI - Wallstedt/Cossa (I think they are gonna lean into one of the goalies, prepping for eventual rebuild that is on the horizon)
16. NYR - Raty (I think given the Rags position they might take a big swing for fences with Raty)
17. STL - Coronato/Lambos/Ceulemans (Hard to tell where the Blues go with this pick)

Then it's us. Depending on how things shake out we might get our pick between Ceulemans or Lambos. I'd lean Lambos just because I think he's more talented overall than Ceulemans but he is a LHD and Ceulemans is a RHD.
You’re much more invested with prospects so I’d trust your board much more than mine — I’m just doing mine for fun. I’m working my way down from the top; here is what I have so far:

1. Buffalo — Power
2. Seattle — Beniers
3. Anaheim — Hughes
4. New Jersey — Clarke
5. Columbus — Edvinsson
6. Detroit — Wallstedt

I’ll probably post my final board here when I’m done. (Or if I’m allowed to, I’ll link to it, since I’ll likely post it elsewhere — not sure if that’s against forum rules though).

But I do like what you have here. I’d be stoked with Ceulemans or Lambos, though I have a feeling Lambos will be gone when we go to pick.

Last edited:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You’re much more invested with prospects so I’d trust your board much more than mine — I’m just doing mine for fun. I’m working my way down from the top here is what I have so far:

1. Buffalo — Power
2. Seattle — Beniers
3. Anaheim — Hughes
4. New Jersey — Clarke
5. Columbus — Edvinsson
6. Detroit — Wallstedt

I’ll probably post my final board here when I’m done. (Or if I’m allowed to, I’ll link to it, since I’ll liking post it elsewhere — not sure if that’s against forum rules though).

But I do like what you have here. I’d be stoked with Ceulemans or Lambos, though I have a feeling Lambos will be gone when we go to pick.

No I think you can post a board link as long as your not doing on a site that breaks the rules.

The two teams that could really break this draft open are CBJ and DET. If CBJ leans towards McTavish as they want C's and DET takes one of the goalies. Then the entire draft breaks open and someone is bound to fall. Especially if Chicago leans goalie as well.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
No I think you can post a board link as long as your not doing on a site that breaks the rules.

The two teams that could really break this draft open are CBJ and DET. If CBJ leans towards McTavish as they want C's and DET takes one of the goalies. Then the entire draft breaks open and someone is bound to fall. Especially if Chicago leans goalie as well.
I agree. I figure Detroit is almost certainly taking a goalie. Columbus desperately needs C’s but honestly with Jones (and maybe Werenski too) leaving they’re gonna need help everywhere. I can see them just going BPA on their board.

McTavish is interesting. He’s rocketed up prospect rankings but I’m not sure if that’s enough to get him into the top 5.

Reactions: Daximus

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I agree. I figure Detroit is almost certainly taking a goalie. Columbus desperately needs C’s but honestly with Jones (and maybe Werenski too) leaving they’re gonna need help everywhere. I can see them just going BPA on their board.

McTavish is interesting. He’s rocketed up prospect rankings but I’m not sure if that’s enough to get him into the top 5.

He's a damn good player and he showed it internationally. They actually voted in favour of the McTavish pick on their team board too.

Team Board Mock Draft

their board voted in order of

1. McTavish
2. Eklund
3. Guenther
4. Edvisson

I know that isn't a clear indication of where the actual team will go, but I think they are leaning pretty heavily into fixing their forward core right now.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
He's a damn good player and he showed it internationally. They actually voted in favour of the McTavish pick on their team board too.

Team Board Mock Draft

their board voted in order of

1. McTavish
2. Eklund
3. Guenther
4. Edvisson

I know that isn't a clear indication of where the actual team will go, but I think they are leaning pretty heavily into fixing their forward core right now.
They might have some defense prospects I’m not aware of. I believe their last first round pick was a forward. The year before that was the year they had hardly any picks.

From the outside it looks like they could use help everywhere but I’d trust their own fans’ judgement more, of course.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
They might have some defense prospects I’m not aware of. I believe their last first round pick was a forward. The year before that was the year they had hardly any picks.

From the outside it looks like they could use help everywhere but I’d trust their own fans’ judgement more, of course.

They also have three 1st round picks this year. 5th overall, 24th overall and then Tampa's which will be between 29th and 32 overall. So it's likely they take at least one forward and one D.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
They also have three 1st round picks this year. 5th overall, 24th overall and then Tampa's which will be between 29th and 32 overall. So it's likely they take at least one forward and one D.
That’s a good point. I thought Raty might make sense to them at 24, not sure if he will be available though.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Depending on how things shake out we might get our pick between Ceulemans or Lambos. I'd lean Lambos just because I think he's more talented overall than Ceulemans but he is a LHD and Ceulemans is a RHD.
I’d be happy with those two or Morrow as well.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Would CBJ take the Jets’ first rounder for the 24th pick plus Tampa’s first rounder?

Reactions: Jetsetter

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg

1. BUF - Power/Beniers
11. ARZ - Forfeit

This is fairly close to my thoughts as well. Lambo or Cooley. I’ve watched Lambo a lot more but he looks very good. Would be happy but surprised if he drops to us.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I would love to draft Lambos. I think he has the potential to be a top pairing guy, and could play his whole career here (local kid). Before the WHL shutdown he was seen as a potential top 10 pick if im remembering right.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I would love to draft Lambos. I think he has the potential to be a top pairing guy, and could play his whole career here (local kid). Before the WHL shutdown he was seen as a potential top 10 pick if im remembering right.

I had him top 5. He had an amazing year as a 16 year old and I think him and Clarke were very similar players. If he is there they better take him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad