Prospect Info: The 2021 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Which Player Is The Most Interesting Thus Far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’m good with that. I’m just happy teams didn’t jump super high up in the draft order. Dahlin and Power should be pretty good lol

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Did they still use a placeholder ball for Arizona to maintain the correct odds?

I hope so, and I hope we find out they would have gotten 1st overall if not for Chayka's combinegate.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sabres are both the most and least deserving because of how they've run that team. At least it wasn't the Central/West.

Good for Seattle too.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
For anyone that has actually seen him play:

Why isn't this Hughes brother getting the same sort of hype as Quinn/Jack? And my next question is how in the **** is this kid their little brother when he towers over the both of them?

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
Really curious to see what Seattle does! Some of you seem upset that they moved up a spot? Why? What else is an expansion team supposed to do?

In some ways this is a bad draft for your first ever as a franchise. #2 in a normal draft comes with a degree of certainty knowing you’re going to get a really good player. But this year with the lack of playing time with these kids it’s a little more uncertain.

Assuming Power goes first (is that a good assumption?), who does Seattle go with?

Reactions: Balthazar

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Really curious to see what Seattle does! Some of you seem upset that they moved up a spot? Why? What else is an expansion team supposed to do?

In some ways this is a bad draft for your first ever as a franchise. #2 in a normal draft comes with a degree of certainty knowing you’re going to get a really good player. But this year with the lack of playing time with these kids it’s a little more uncertain.

Assuming Power goes first (is that a good assumption?), who does Seattle go with?
Seattle should be able to form a decent group of Dmen, even including some young ones like Bean, so one would presume that they'll prioritse trying to find a 1C in the draft. They'll also have seen how Vegas have managed to round out their lineup to get better while always struggling to find an elusive 1C.

Reactions: Cake Malar

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
Seattle should be able to form a decent group of Dmen, even including some young ones like Bean, so one would presume that they'll prioritse trying to find a 1C in the draft. They'll also have seen how Vegas have managed to round out their lineup to get better while always struggling to find an elusive 1C.
From what I’ve read this draft doesn’t have a sure fire #1 center though, right? The closest thing is Beniers it seems

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
For anyone that has actually seen him play:

Why isn't this Hughes brother getting the same sort of hype as Quinn/Jack? And my next question is how in the **** is this kid their little brother when he towers over the both of them?
He just not as dynamic. He’s not a guy that screams 70+ point defensemen. He can be really, really good and could easily be the best in this draft… but more of a projection than a sure thing.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Who do the Ducks take at 3? Make a duo with Zegras or Drysdale?

I hope Hughes falls to 4th and the Devils reunite him with big bro Jack. I just learned they also have Brandt Clarke's brother as well, so it's very likely they get one sibling or another.

I've seen some mocks that have the Dux taking Edvinsson, but also Hughes, maybe Clarke, they have holes all over that damned lineup so they could take a forward too. IMO they should get a defender because they need to supplement the talent that Drysdale brings. Fowler isn't a legit franchise defenseman, Lindholm is made of balsa wood, and Shattenkirk is getting old (no idea why they signed him).

We'll see what happens. I have no faith whatsoever that Anaheim makes the right decision and moves on from Manson and Rakell like they should. But they usually get the right guy in the draft at least.

Reactions: BaconNater

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I hope Hughes falls to 4th and the Devils reunite him with big bro Jack. I just learned they also have Brandt Clarke's brother as well, so it's very likely they get one sibling or another.

I've seen some mocks that have the Dux taking Edvinsson, but also Hughes, maybe Clarke, they have holes all over that damned lineup so they could take a forward too. IMO they should get a defender because they need to supplement the talent that Drysdale brings. Fowler isn't a legit franchise defenseman, Lindholm is made of balsa wood, and Shattenkirk is getting old (no idea why they signed him).

We'll see what happens. I have no faith whatsoever that Anaheim makes the right decision and moves on from Manson and Rakell like they should. But they usually get the right guy in the draft at least.
Ducks will likely go Edvinsson if he's on the board... 6'4", skates like the wind, can play with an edge, cocky... Bobby can only get so erect.

davalanche96

Jul 15, 2005
Canada
If Cossa is available, i hope Aves draft him or Dean. Dean is fast, good hand. I saw him play here for Gatineau and je is great player, big IQ hockey

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Every mock I see has Anaheim taking Guenther. A shooter is sorta what they need, Comtois can’t do it all.

Kent Johnson would be my number one. He’s the most skilled player in the draft, I’d bet on that.

Reactions: Zandar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad