Prospect Info: The 2021 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Which Player Is The Most Interesting Thus Far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
How come Beniers and Raty fell so far? Both names were previously mentioned as possible top picks.

Raty didn't have a good season at all and people are wondering if he peaked early. Beniers is a question of how much offense is really there? If you think he's a 65+ guy, you have him top 5 if not top 3. Less than that, you slide him down as teams don't like to draft 2nd line guys that high.

Reactions: Pokecheque

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Remember the NHLCSS lists are more about prospects to look for than actual list of the best of the best prospects in order. That's how I always interpreted it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Question to Seph or Henchman or people watching the WHL.

If he is available, would you go for Logan Stankoven?

Logan Stankoven at eliteprospects.com
Good player, has really good skill-set even though he hasn't necessarily lived up to the hype as a top 5 WHL pick. With that said though, he doesn't fit the Avs mould; he's a small body with bad skating. I do think he has some Bobby Brink in him and could follow a similar path where they're on the smaller side, can't really move around all that well yet still has loads of talent to overcome those problems. I am personally not a fan of those players, but with a new head scout in charge, especially a Western scout he will definitely be on the radar even though Klippenstein prefers bulldogs. I would expect players like Ridly Greig to be high on Avs lists than with Hepple.

Reactions: MikeC

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Raty didn't have a good season at all and people are wondering if he peaked early. Beniers is a question of how much offense is really there? If you think he's a 65+ guy, you have him top 5 if not top 3. Less than that, you slide him down as teams don't like to draft 2nd line guys that high.
Exactly. From what I'm reading here and there a lot of experts/scouts are projecting Beniers as a top tier 2C. I said the other day that there's no prospect who realistically projects as a 1C in that draft and people got mad at me...but that seems to be the case.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I’d love it if they did the lottery show and kept Arizona in it so they could show where they would’ve ended up had they not forfeited the pick, then pan over to Bill Armstrong for a reaction shot.

Currently they’d be getting the 11th overall pick based on regular season finish. Two first rounders down the drain...yikes.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thanks for the quick answer an i hope you will do you list again this year.
I can Mr. Mike for you, but I haven't watched like 70% of the players because they were playing in obscure leagues with majority not being able to be viewed or streamed. If I was going to a quick top 10-ish off the top of my head my list would be...

1. Brandt Clarke, RD
2A. Owen Power, LD
2B. Matthew Beniers, C
4. William Eklund, LW
5. Luke Hughes, LD
6. Simon Edvinsson, LD
7. Kent Johnson, C
8. Mason McTavish, C
9. Dylan Guenther, RW
10. Matt Coronato, LW
11. Nikita Chibrikov, LW
12. Jesper Wallstedt, G

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Question to Seph or Henchman or people watching the WHL.

If he is available, would you go for Logan Stankoven?

Logan Stankoven at eliteprospects.com

I like the kid and I think he's got a really solid shot at being an middle 6 NHL player. He's a worker on both ends of the ice and has a good amount of talent to go with it. I love his shot in that it generates power and accuracy even when his foundation is off. Doesn't matter where his feet are, he can fire the puck and beat goalies. There is a readable hitch in it, but should still be a plus shot. He's one of those kids that has more ugly skating than purely bad skating. He moves around fine enough, but his form and flexibility is rather poor. I fall on the side this is the more fixable sort of skating than good form plus strength. Even with that, he plays at a fast pace and he thinks the game quickly... that will get him far even if he doesn't have ideal skating. Given that, I'd certainly have him in the conversation at the end of the first. If you fix the skating, he might be Gourde 2.0. If you can't fix the skating, you have a feisty middle 6 wing you may not fully establish... or might be Gallagher.

Exactly. From what I'm reading here and there a lot of experts/scouts are projecting Beniers as a top tier 2C. I said the other day that there's no prospect who realistically projects as a 1C in that draft and people got mad at me...but that seems to be the case.

FTR I think he'll be a #1C... not a high end one, but will be one. More in the mold of ROR. He's been watched for so long, teams are looking for faults. Just like Chychrun...

I'd without a doubt select him top 5.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Is the draft order the same as last year, where the final 4 teams draft 29-32, and the other 12 playoff teams draft from 17-28 based on regular season standings? If so it's already confirmed that Avs will pick 28th as the highest, but later if they make the next round.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Is the draft order the same as last year, where the final 4 teams draft 29-32, and the other 12 playoff teams draft from 17-28 based on regular season standings? If so it's already confirmed that Avs will pick 28th as the highest, but later if they make the next round.
Might as well go for 31st instead since it’s that close anyway

Reactions: Richard88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->