Prospect Info: The 2021 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Which Player Is The Most Interesting Thus Far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Every mock I see has Anaheim taking Guenther. A shooter is sorta what they need, Comtois can’t do it all.

Kent Johnson would be my number one. He’s the most skilled player in the draft, I’d bet on that.

Agreed. In a draft that may not have a ton of elite upside players, he's one.

What do you all think of Brandt Clarke and his upside?

Super smart, good frame... meh skater. Too much is made on his downside on his skating, but that will push him down the board a little bit. If he can clean up his stride a bit and work out to being a 22 minute guy, he'll be a top pairing guy for a long time.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
At the last minute Bettman decides that Seattle is being given an unfair disadvantage and lets them Fantasy Draft at #2.

So they select Connor McDavid.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Great result for Seattle, Power will go to Buffalo and be an underwhelming 1st overall pick (albeit not a bad player in the slightest) while if Francis is smart he'll get to draft Beniers and a top level centre to build a team around. Hopefully he has good underlying numbers during his junior season.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I just stopped being 10/10 depressed and this comment sent me right back to where I was.
I'm sorry mate, but I have no faith in this organisation anymore. They made a ton of great moves to get to this point, but again we're down to having an absolute zero second line with a centre who needs to GTFO as soon as possible. They can't pass the plateau and it's the same thing that happened with the Jets and Cheveldayoff being way too conservative.

Reactions: TB12 and Nihiliste

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I'm sorry mate, but I have no faith in this organisation anymore. They made a ton of great moves to get to this point, but again we're down to having an absolute zero second line with a centre who needs to GTFO as soon as possible. They can't pass the plateau and it's the same thing that happened with the Jets and Cheveldayoff being way too conservative.
I don’t blame you; it’s more the reality of the situation sinking in for me. The center problem is the biggest problem for the Avs and it has been for a long time now. If Sakic can’t figure out what the problem is, then I’ll give up hope, too. But until the ink dries on Danault’s new deal in Montreal, or Coots re-ups in Philly, or Eichel buys a place in Vegas, I’ll still hold out hope.

If f***ing nothing happens this summer after tonight’s game, then I’ll be right there with you.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I hope Sakic learns from JBB in Tampa and takes this as the lesson to actually make some moves.
Whats your confidence level in Sakic/Avs actually addressing the C position for next year?

Not high… Sakic hasn’t shown to be aggressive and the perfect out on Kadri’s suspension exists.

Reactions: BaconNater

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I believe our pick is actually 27th.

Arizona's 1st round pick has been forfeited due to the prospect training scandal stuff so we should slot in at 27.

Lame, wish it was 31 but oh well. As has already been said I really hope they dont select at all in the first round. I dont care what the f*** hole they decide to use the pick for, just f***ing use it to add someone who will help this team get over the hump and actually go on a real f***ing run. Whether that's a 2C behind Mack, a Top 4 RHD to pair with Girard, or a starting goalie that will solve that problem...

I dont care, just dont select some dweeb that will be 3-4 years away from being able to help us when we're probably knee deep into a rebuild at that point after Mack bails on the team to win a cup with a group that actually pushes the chips into the middle.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I believe our pick is actually 27th.

Arizona's 1st round pick has been forfeited due to the prospect training scandal stuff so we should slot in at 27.

Lame, wish it was 31 but oh well. As has already been said I really hope they dont select at all in the first round. I dont care what the f*** hole they decide to use the pick for, just f***ing use it to add someone who will help this team get over the hump and actually go on a real f***ing run. Whether that's a 2C behind Mack, a Top 4 RHD to pair with Girard, or a starting goalie that will solve that problem...

I dont care, just dont select some dweeb that will be 3-4 years away from being able to help us when we're probably knee deep into a rebuild at that point after Mack bails on the team to win a cup with a group that actually pushes the chips into the middle.
Officially the NHL is calling it the 28th. Even had Arizona in the lottery despite they would be forfeiting.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
OK, seriously. He may not have gone hog wild at the deadline, but he made two consequential trades for Saad and Toews.
Not talking deadline, or that no trades have been made… I’m stating identify issues then make bold moves to solve them. Dont bandaid issues, solve them. JBB got swept because they had weaknesses exploited, he then spent a summer and season fixing those weaknesses to build a team that could win ugly and could win pretty.

In this, I’m not saying Sakic has done a terrible job, he simply hasn’t. He has to learn from the mistakes and weaknesses of the team to force the next level. Center and RD have been issues for a bit and clearly cost in this round. Those positions need solved. There is also the legitimate question of if the Avs went too far down their path and need to normalize the roster. That is a philosophical decision that will be a large risk either way. On top of that, this window won’t be open forever. Two seasons is clear, gets muddy after that.

Last edited:

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Too much of the same thing on the avs especially missing guys like EJ, calvert, kadri

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Too much of the same thing on the avs especially missing guys like EJ, calvert, kadri
At this point Sakic has to start looking at players that might be reduced talent if they make up for it in longevity. Too many players injured here and sitting on the sideline when the team really needs them.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
2 goalies predicted to go in the first round. I want one.

Fun fact: All 4 starting goalies remaining in the playoffs right now were 1st round picks.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
At this point Sakic has to start looking at players that might be reduced talent if they make up for it in longevity. Too many players injured here and sitting on the sideline when the team really needs them.

You can’t predict longevity. Sometimes you can take a calculated risk based on the evidence and the level of physicality the player engages in but you really have no idea whether their body holds up. Brooks Laich is a prime example. Got a big extension from Washington in part because he was so durable. His body promptly fell apart.

The best thing you can do it get the best possible talent you can, back it up with as much depth as
you can, and hope it holds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad