Prospect Info: The 2021 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Which Player Is The Most Interesting Thus Far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Officially it’s the 28th as Arizona is recognized as forfeiting the 11th.

Still bummed their ping pong ball didn’t get drawn during the lottery. Would’ve been appointment television if they’d had Armstrong piped in like all the other GMs and just switched to his reaction had their name come up and automatically redrew.

Which reminds me that this is the SECOND first rounder in consecutive years the Coyotes will get literally nothing from.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Still bummed their ping pong ball didn’t get drawn during the lottery. Would’ve been appointment television if they’d had Armstrong piped in like all the other GMs and just switched to his reaction had their name come up and automatically redrew.

Which reminds me that this is the SECOND first rounder in consecutive years the Coyotes will get literally nothing from.
Top 3 GM Chayka.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Funny thing about everyone complaining about our center depth. Real quick without googling it, give me the Vegas centers 1-4...

Stephenson
Karlsson
Roy
Kolesar

Stephenson works because Stone and Pacioretty are doing a TON of the work for that line. You saw how much Vegas struggled against Minnesota without Patches.

It is by no means great but that’s still four centers who had better series than the Avs four centers.

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
Stephenson
Karlsson
Roy
Kolesar

Stephenson works because Stone and Pacioretty are doing a TON of the work for that line. You saw how much Vegas struggled against Minnesota without Patches.

It is by no means great but that’s still four centers who had better series than the Avs four centers.
would u call them quality centers?

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006
Can someone explain how this works with free agents? Free agency doesn't start until July 28, what are teams like us supposed to with guys who are going to be free agents? If we don't protect Landeskog for example, can Seattle draft him even though he isn't under contract?

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006
Can someone explain how this works with free agents? Free agency doesn't start until July 28, what are teams like us supposed to with guys who are going to be free agents? If we don't protect Landeskog for example, can Seattle draft him even though he isn't under contract?
I just found the answer. Seattle can negotiate a contract with them 48 hours prior to the draft

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
would u call them quality centers?

Right now…yeah they are. Again it’s mostly the work of four incredible wingers in that top six but they’re doing what they need to in order to work.

Kolesar is basically a Cody McLeod-level player but that doesn’t matter because they throw Pietrangelo out there any time the fourth line is out there. A really good team should be able to exploit that weakness but so far, no one has done so effectively.

Reactions: jabubenice

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
Right now…yeah they are. Again it’s mostly the work of four incredible wingers in that top six but they’re doing what they need to in order to work.

Kolesar is basically a Cody McLeod-level player but that doesn’t matter because they throw Pietrangelo out there any time the fourth line is out there. A really good team should be able to exploit that weakness but so far, no one has done so effectively.
so coaching/system playing a massive role in their success?

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
I think coaching and system play a massive role in any team's given success or failure if we're being honest.
Exactly this....watched Vegas last night and Holden is almost (did say almost) unrecognizable as a former avs player. as a lfc supporter I value systems and coaches ability to choose the right one for players while covering their weaknesses and that is why I don't think Bendar is it for the avs

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Exactly this....watched Vegas last night and Holden is almost (did say almost) unrecognizable as a former avs player. as a lfc supporter I value systems and coaches ability to choose the right one for players while covering their weaknesses and that is why I don't think Bendar is it for the avs

I think that's another argument for depth though. Bednar actually did try to shelter and cover for his weaker players, but there just wasn't anyone available to take those spots. You just can't have a center corps of MacKinnon-Jost-Compher and expect to get past a team like Vegas. Way too many things need to go right in that scenario, and obviously they didn't.

That said, I'm not about to let him off the hook entirely--he did indeed make poor personnel decisions and took too long to make necessary adjustments (which, by the way, mostly worked). He gets one more chance to prove he can be the guy that takes this team all the way--one more disappointing finish and I think he's done. And y'know...he probably should be.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

You know it's a shitty draft when the top guy, who's in his own tier, has below-average "puck skills", average "skating" and average "compete" :laugh:

Jesus...

Top center in the draft according to Pronman is in Tier 3 and also has below-average puck skills, average skating and average hockey sense.

These are the most uninspiring Pronman rankings I've ever seen and I read them every single year.

Not a good year to tank.

I want one of the 2 goalies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You know it's a shitty draft when the top guy, who's in his own tier, has below-average "puck skills", average "skating" and average "compete" :laugh:

Jesus...

Top center in the draft according to Pronman is in Tier 3 and also has below-average puck skills, average skating and average hockey sense.

These are the most uninspiring Pronman rankings I've ever seen and I read them every single year.

Not a good year to tank.

I don't think it is nearly as bad of year as people are saying (it is on the middle lower side still)... there was just a pure lack of opportunities to build hype. Teams with great staffs are going to be rewarded heavily this year. There are going to be top 6/top 4 guys scattered all throughout the 3rd-7th rounds.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It seems like the hype is building on Cossa, at this point is it even realistic to expect he'll be there at 27? That's assuming Sakic doesn't trade the pick, too.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

Jesus...

Not a good year to tank.

Is pronman reliable in its projections?

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
I think that's another argument for depth though. Bednar actually did try to shelter and cover for his weaker players, but there just wasn't anyone available to take those spots. You just can't have a center corps of MacKinnon-Jost-Compher and expect to get past a team like Vegas. Way too many things need to go right in that scenario, and obviously they didn't.

That said, I'm not about to let him off the hook entirely--he did indeed make poor personnel decisions and took too long to make necessary adjustments (which, by the way, mostly worked). He gets one more chance to prove he can be the guy that takes this team all the way--one more disappointing finish and I think he's done. And y'know...he probably should be.
Exactly this!! took him two and a half games to figure out how to play Vegas. Deboers took a game and one period to figure the avs out, and Vegas tilted the ice after that.... Watching Tampa series against the Islanders and wishful thinking. It would have been a great series against tampa

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Exactly this!! took him two and a half games to figure out how to play Vegas. Deboers took a game and one period to figure the avs out, and Vegas tilted the ice after that.... Watching Tampa series against the Islanders and wishful thinking. It would have been a great series against tampa
I don’t think so… Tampa would have ate the Avs alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad