Lafreniere
Byfield
Stutzle
Raymond
Drysdale
Rossi
Holtz
Quinn

I actually like Byfield quite a bit, but sometimes I find myself thinking of a guy like Taylor Pyatt. I’m not crazy about how much Byfield sticks to the perimeter instead of using his frame to bull-rush the net. I’m also not super high on him projecting to be a center in the NHL. I think he’s a guaranteed NHLer, but I don’t know how likely that his ceiling is higher than 2nd line production.

So I’m looking at a (far) more skilled Taylor Pyatt, versus, say, Swedish Patrick Kane in Raymond.

If Byfield is the Sabres pick, I’ll be happy with that. I just personally would go with a few others before.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Right now I'm at:

LAF
Stutzle
Byfield
Drysdale
Rossi
Lundell
Raymond
Holtz
Perfetti

But I wish more videos would get uploaded because I'll admit this is based on limited viewing. I think Drysdale's ceiling is up there with the top 3 if he's able to make his game translate.

Lundell and Perfetti where they are respectively go against everything I believe in in terms of draft year production, but I think Lundell looked really strong when I watched him, aside from speed and maybe shot selection

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Unless something changes with regards to the lottery, it would appear that either the Sabres are in the top 3 and they get one of the top 3 Fs or they are in that 7-10 range where Drysdale is likely off the board.

So, if the Sabres don't move up, I think the odds are heavy towards the Sabres going with a F with that pick.

If they don't, it's Askarov or Sanderson and this board melts down.
Am I missing something? How are Sabres in top 3?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Am I missing something? How are Sabres in top 3?

Given so much uncertainty about everything and talk that they may hold the draft before the season is completed, who knows what will happen.

But, just assuming that the lottery is the same as it has been the past few years and going off of the pre-lottery standings today, the Sabres pick will be top 3 if they move up via the lottery and in the 7-10 range if they don't move up.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I think the scope was
Unless something changes..
Sabres either win the lotto or are 7-10

meaning, if the season resumes, Sabres position could go up or down

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Got it but he said unless something changes with the lotto the Sabres are in the lotto if I’m not mistaken, not if the Sabres win a lotto pick.

There are reports that the lottery rules could change IF they hold the draft prior to the completion of the season.

I may have worded it in a way that confused you, but here is what I was talking about in response to the Drysdale talk:

The Sabres either move up into the top 3 via the lottery. In that case, the pick is likely to be one of the top 3 Fs and not Drysdale.

It appears that Drysdale will likely go in the 4-6 range.

So, if the Sabres don't move up via the lottery, they will pick in the 7-10 range. And the pick there should be expected to be a forward unless Botterill makes this board melt down by taking Askarov or Sanderson.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
There are reports that the lottery rules could change IF they hold the draft prior to the completion of the season.

I may have worded it in a way that confused you, but here is what I was talking about in response to the Drysdale talk:

The Sabres either move up into the top 3 via the lottery. In that case, the pick is likely to be one of the top 3 Fs and not Drysdale.

It appears that Drysdale will likely go in the 4-6 range.

So, if the Sabres don't move up via the lottery, they will pick in the 7-10 range. And the pick there should be expected to be a forward unless Botterill makes this board melt down by taking Askarov or Sanderson.

There’s something tingling in me that says we win a lotto pick. Don’t want to jinx but couldn’t imagine adding AL to Eichel. We’d have our Rants and MacK.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
There’s something tingling in me that says we win a lotto pick. Don’t want to jinx but couldn’t imagine adding AL to Eichel. We’d have our Rants and MacK.

Too bad our other lines would still blow because we don't have anyone capable to center them. I'm hoping we get a good natural C in this draft. Cozens is obviously a pretty darn good prospect at that position, but I'd really, really like another.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Too bad our other lines would still blow because we don't have anyone capable to center them. I'm hoping we get a good natural C in this draft. Cozens is obviously a pretty darn good prospect at that position, but I'd really, really like another.
I wouldn’t be concerned at all about a C if we have Lafreniere served to us on a platter. At that point you move whatever D you have to for a respectable 2C.
AL-Eichel-Kahun
Skinner-Cozens-Reinhart
VO-MoJo-Tage
LOG or Simmonds(if their signed)
That is a talented group of forwards.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
2020 NHL Mock Draft 1.0

7. Buffalo Sabres – Lucas Raymond (F) | Frolunda – SHL

At seventh overall, I have the Sabres going with another favorite of mine in this class, Lucas Raymond. Don’t let his numbers in the SHL fool you. He only had four goals and 10 points in 33 games for Frolunda. However, you have to remember he was a 17-year-old playing against men in limited minutes.

He’s a dynamic winger with a ton of skill and could be a dangerous NHL player down the road. He’ll likely need at least one more season in the SHL.

He has Perfetti, Lundell, Askarov, Quinn, and Sanderson going 8-12.

So, that fits with the Sabres getting a good forward if they don't move up unless Botts goes with Askarov or Sanderson.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Right now I'm at:

LAF
Stutzle
Byfield
Drysdale
Rossi
Lundell
Raymond
Holtz
Perfetti

But I wish more videos would get uploaded because I'll admit this is based on limited viewing. I think Drysdale's ceiling is up there with the top 3 if he's able to make his game translate.

Lundell and Perfetti where they are respectively go against everything I believe in in terms of draft year production, but I think Lundell looked really strong when I watched him, aside from speed and maybe shot selection
Which prospects are natural RW?

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
I think the top six are Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Drysdale, Raymond, and Rossi.

Choice is between Holtz and Lundell.

Personally I'd throw Quinm in that mix as an option.

Think I would still go Holtz though.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
I actually like Byfield quite a bit, but sometimes I find myself thinking of a guy like Taylor Pyatt. I’m not crazy about how much Byfield sticks to the perimeter instead of using his frame to bull-rush the net. I’m also not super high on him projecting to be a center in the NHL. I think he’s a guaranteed NHLer, but I don’t know how likely that his ceiling is higher than 2nd line production.

So I’m looking at a (far) more skilled Taylor Pyatt, versus, say, Swedish Patrick Kane in Raymond.

If Byfield is the Sabres pick, I’ll be happy with that. I just personally would go with a few others before.
I see an Anthony Mantha type out of Byfield, can play top 3 but a better top 6er. That being said, I think his floor is higher than anybody but Laf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad