Speculation: The 2020 Draft Thread: Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
The closest thing I can think of to a Tom Wilson type of player in this draft is is Will Cuylle. Not sure where he's projected to go, but he plays that rugged style of game that just pisses you off.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
@Chainshot TIEDOTE: Brad Lambert ei jatka HIFK:ssa

Obviously won’t result in the possible scenario we had before, but I still think he ends up in the O, so may want to get your bags ready for that trip.

Funny to see how quickly the Finnish fans have turned on him and decided to question his character.
Guess they’ll have to settle for overhyping Räty instead for the next year..

And who is that in this draft? There is no one in the top 10 that resembles that type of player
Even if there were a player similar to him in the draft, he was a mediocre prospect and the majority of this board would freak out about selecting him, and rightfully so.
Often times players of his ilk don’t turn out, and if they do, they beat the odds.
The biggest red flag for me was when he admitted to having trouble processing the game at OHL speed.. :laugh:
Credit to him for being able to keep up with the NHL now (somewhat anyways, I have a feeling his suspect decision making likely has a lot to do with his trouble with the speed).

Reactions: Chainshot

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
@Chainshot TIEDOTE: Brad Lambert ei jatka HIFK:ssa

Obviously won’t result in the possible scenario we had before, but I still think he ends up in the O, so may want to get your bags ready for that trip.

Funny to see how quickly the Finnish fans have turned on him and decided to question his character.
Guess they’ll have to settle for overhyping Räty instead for the next year..

Even if there were a player similar to him in the draft, he was a mediocre prospect and the majority of this board would freak out about selecting him, and rightfully so.
Often times players of his ilk don’t turn out, and if they do, they beat the odds.
The biggest red flag for me was when he admitted to having trouble processing the game at OHL speed.. :laugh:
Credit to him for being able to keep up with the NHL now (somewhat anyways, I have a feeling his suspect decision making likely has a lot to do with his trouble with the speed).

Yeah, for every 1 Wilson, there are 50 Kyle Beaches.

Reactions: sabresEH and jc17

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Who says he is the best player in the draft? I like Perfetti and would have no problem taking him at 7. Really anyone but Sanderson I would be fine with.

His coach.

“It does not matter if you’re faster. It matters how you think and process and break teams down and cut laterally. And I don’t think there’s a better player in this draft than Cole Perfetti at doing that. I know I’m his coach but I think he’s the best player in this draft because of that,” Lazary said.

“I try to picture him at 24 or 25 with his skill set as he gets stronger, like who will be a better player than Cole Perfetti? To me, it’s nobody.”

Reactions: flashsabre

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The NHL clearly wants to do a June draft, using the old lottery format where there is one winner and you can only jump 4 spots. While this would mean we have no shot at a top 3 pick, it also means we can't drop lower in the standings. So 7th.

Reactions: EichHart

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Holtz, Raymond @ 7/8 if we stand out. Stutzle or Rossi if we can jump into top 3. If we can somehow jump to 2, we’d have to take Byfield, he and Cozens add some much size up front. Still praying for some Buffalo luck and to somehow land 1OA and grab AL.

Realistically, please give me Raymond or Holtz over Lundell or Perfetti.
Sounds like we are pretty much locked in at #7.
My preferred choice for the Sabres is Perfetti.

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Rossi
5. Drysdale
6. Raymond
7. Perfetti
8. Holtz
9. Lundell
10. Quinn

Reactions: Snippit

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Wheeler: Why Dylan Holloway is one of the 2020 NHL Draft's... (PAYWALL)
Dylan Holloway sounds like a bigger version of Mike Peca.
He plays an old school game with high end skills.

“He seems like he’s 20. He gets it. Some of the other guys don’t quite understand how it is quite yet and I would say he fits in the best of any of them for how young he is,” said forward Mick Messner.
“He’s like a man,” added goalie Daniel Lebedeff.
There was the typical high praise you’d hear for a future first-round pick. Panthers prospect Owen Lindmark called him a “hell of a player.”
Canadiens prospect Cole Caufield talked about his calm and said he’s never seen him nervous.
“He’s a man amongst boys. He’s so freaking strong,” said goalie Jack Berry.

https://thehockeywriters.com/dylan-holloway-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/
2020 Draft Profile: LW/C Dylan Holloway - The Draft Analyst

He finished the season at Wisconsin with 9 points in his final 10 games. He's a 6'1" 203lb player now.

Last edited:

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
What are the tiers in the top 10 of this draft?

Are there big gaps between say the top 2 and the next 3-4 or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad