The 2019 off-season thread: There's money to spend and Joey Crabb's retired

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
One thing that I just cant forget Trocheck saying when we hired Q. Something in the lines of "He will whip us into shape".

It's one thing I don't feel we've ever talked about here.
All those late losses / non energy games we have. Maybe our team just have one of the worst condition of all teams in the league. Not hard enough practices and high enough standards for players to keep to stay in the lineup. Of course there's players who go above and beyond in this matter (Barkov) but if you got passengers on the team that will hurt you a lot. I felt like Trocheck words you could sense that is an issue among our team. We've had too many coaches that just pat you on the back

GR hinted at this before too in his articles. There was one after a particularly bad loss and he basically said something about how the next day Boughner was pissed and practice was uncharacteristically intense or something like that.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Yeah, Bob may have been too much of a nice guy coach. Although I think you gotta find the right balance because you can't just be a full on hard a** all the time either.

-ghoste

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I dont really think coaching style matters. It all comes down to gameplan execution. You look at Torts and Bruce Boudreau, 2 very successful coaches with 2 completely opposite styles. Hell Bob Murray is a 65 year old man with no coaching experience and he was still better than Carlyle and his dinosaur game style.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
This is where I hope the staff gets some of that Miami Heat mentality in them. The Heat arent a team for everyone, player wise. They run intense training camps, intense practices, and overall, the players are some of the fittest in the league. Some players arent down for that, having intense practices most of the time, but doing so allows their minds and bodies to be ready for those intense, late game situations.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
So I’m listening to a Luongo interview from a couple of months ago, he went over his daily routines. On practice days, he usually gets the the rink 2 1/2 hours before practice, so he can get on the trainers table, loosen up, and go through his routines to get his body ready to go. During game days, he usually goes through an hour session in the morning, and an hour when he gets to the rink before the game, which doesn’t include the time for his other routines. Dude must really love the game if he puts his body through that routine daily.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
So I’m listening to a Luongo interview from a couple of months ago, he went over his daily routines. On practice days, he usually gets the the rink 2 1/2 hours before practice, so he can get on the trainers table, loosen up, and go through his routines to get his body ready to go. During game days, he usually goes through an hour session in the morning, and an hour when he gets to the rink before the game, which doesn’t include the time for his other routines. Dude must really love the game if he puts his body through that routine daily.

He had millions of reasons to exercise and stretch.

Reactions: 5 Hole

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Not sure how they can afford another 7.5 million dollar D. If panarin and bob are coming.
Can't. Luongo coming back only leaves like 4/4.5 million for a dman, even after Hoff, Pysyk, and Reimer are moved. Maybe even less now because of how the Jackets looked in the 1st round.

Idk what the return for Hoffman and the 1st round pick would be defense wise, that's probably the best Florida can do.

Reactions: Mase

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Can't. Luongo coming back only leaves like 4/4.5 million for a dman, even after Hoff, Pysyk, and Reimer are moved. Maybe even less now because of how the Jackets looked in the 1st round.

Idk what the return for Hoffman and the 1st round pick would be defense wise, that's probably the best Florida can do.

Unless you add in one of the 4 prospects(Tippett, Denisenko, Noel, or Hepo)

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Yeah, Bob may have been too much of a nice guy coach. Although I think you gotta find the right balance because you can't just be a full on hard a** all the time either.

-ghoste

Mike Keenan

Reactions: Mase
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad