The 2019 off-season thread: There's money to spend and Joey Crabb's retired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
LOL, so sad...

Must we debunk year over year guaranteed improvement theories AGAIN?

How do you blow it up by not moving a single core piece? The coach? The equipment guy? Crazy
How many times have we heard from non-Panther fans "Florida was dumb to let go of Kulikov and Gudbranson"? Hardly. How many times have we heard "Florida was dumb to let go of Marchessault and Smith"? A lot. Letting go of the coach of the year was dumb too and I was not on board with that decision, but whatever, none of these guys are irreplaceable and glad we have Q and Hoff now and maybe Bob/Bread soon too.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
giphy.gif

But not that or Bjugstad. That will take many a years.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Ex-Panther but Jagr just pretty much single-handedly won the game for his team, promoting them from Czech2 to Extraliga...
...scored four goals in a 4-2 win.
10 goals, 13 points in 10 relegation games, good for most goals and tied with Plekanec for most points. So much for all the critics telling him to retire :O

Might be too slow for the NHL but still having fun and being an impact guy in the Czech league.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Ex-Panther but Jagr just pretty much single-handedly won the game for his team, promoting them from Czech2 to Extraliga...
...scored four goals in a 4-2 win.
10 goals, 13 points in 10 relegation games, good for most goals and tied with Plekanec for most points. So much for all the critics telling him to retire :O

Might be too slow for the NHL but still having fun and being an impact guy in the Czech league.

Oh he can definitely still play in the Czech league. No doubts about that. Just not in the nhl anymore at a high level. And no shame in that, he's almosy half a century old. Always have much respect for Jagr for how he impacted Barky and Hubs.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Oh he can definitely still play in the Czech league. No doubts about that. Just not in the nhl anymore at a high level. And no shame in that, he's almosy half a century old. Always have much respect for Jagr for how he impacted Barky and Hubs.
Agreed; I was mainly thinking about some of the comments on the Czech forums calling him "worthless" when he didn't score in game 1. That aged well LOL.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Funny the same can be said about Tallon's handling of expansion and the entire hockey world laughing, but no the 3 people on this board say it's not his fault.
Except people in the know, and most importantly owners know what happened. Hence tallon has a job still. Lmao. People getting proven wrong over and over on here and still can’t grasp the concept of why tallon can still be employed after such a blatant debacle. Hmmm I wonder why

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Except people in the know, and most importantly owners know what happened. Hence tallon has a job still. Lmao. People getting proven wrong over and over on here and still can’t grasp the concept of why tallon can still be employed after such a blatant debacle. Hmmm I wonder why
The owners putting their faith in Tallon doesn't mean he didn't screw up Expansion, they gave him back complete control of everything and stepped out of his way like they publicly stated. Every decision and direction since getting the GM tag back has been because of Dale and he has a job because last season we actually played great in the 2nd half.

We will see how much say Q has with the team this offseason, because it sounds like he is going to be in complete control of who stays and goes when it concerns the NHL roster.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
The owners putting their faith in Tallon doesn't mean he didn't screw up Expansion, they gave him back complete control of everything and stepped out of his way like they publicly stated. Every decision and direction since getting the GM tag back has been because of Dale and he has a job because last season we actually played great in the 2nd half.

We will see how much say Q has with the team this offseason, because it sounds like he is going to be in complete control of who stays and goes when it concerns the NHL roster.
I wouldn't find it hard to believe that their last "meddling" was telling Dale that they really wanted Smith gone. Rowe scapegoated him and Smith didn't appreciate it. The owners (imo) didn't want a "malcontent" around, especially one with a NTC taking affect the following season. I wouldn't even be shocked if Smith expressed his desire to move on after dealing with idiot Fudd Rowe. The relationship was fractured.
But ytf are we even still talking about all of this? The past is long gone. And anyway, this crazy path brings us to where we are now, waiting impatiently for October with Q taking the reins of a team that should be able to make some noise.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
I wouldn't find it hard to believe that their last "meddling" was telling Dale that they really wanted Smith gone. Rowe scapegoated him and Smith didn't appreciate it. The owners (imo) didn't want a "malcontent" around, especially one with a NTC taking affect the following season. I wouldn't even be shocked if Smith expressed his desire to move on after dealing with idiot Fudd Rowe. The relationship was fractured.
But ytf are we even still talking about all of this? The past is long gone. And anyway, this crazy path brings us to where we are now, waiting impatiently for October with Q taking the reins of a team that should be able to make some noise.
I agree and I would stop, but when I see complete hypocrisy/excuses displayed in every thread and putting down of poster's intelligence/opinions I will step in.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I agree and I would stop, but when I see complete hypocrisy/excuses displayed in every thread and putting down of poster's intelligence/opinions I will step in.
Yes, that wasn't directed at you, just a general statement that its time for us all to look forward.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Yes, that wasn't directed at you, just a general statement that its time for us all to look forward.
Yeah didn't take it as such, I was just explaining myself for all the posters who are probably annoyed/tired of me. :laugh: Normally I would just state my opinion once and read/reply, but every thread is a broken record and I'm tired of being lectured to.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
I HOPE Q has roster input in my opinion.

Let him choose who he wants to add or subtract....he DOES have more cup experience than Tallon.
This is my hope as well. Let Tallon do the scouting around the world for prospects, but give Q recruiting duties (Bread/Bob/whoever) and make the NHL roster decisions all his.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Yeah didn't take it as such, I was just explaining myself for all the posters who are probably annoyed/tired of me. :laugh: Normally I would just state my opinion once and read/reply, but every thread is a broken record and I'm tired of being lectured to.
Lol our team has been 25 years of a broken record.

Reactions: PSLguy

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
This is my hope as well. Let Tallon do the scouting around the world for prospects, but give Q recruiting duties (Bread/Bob/whoever) and make the NHL roster decisions all his.

I can see Q asking to subtract Sheahan and signing Kruger (cheap deal obviously).

I'd be ok with decisions like that. In camp, if he feels players are ready, he should be able to do it (Debrincat for example).

I'm 100% behind Q. I trust him with building this roster more than Tallon. Cups talk.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
One thing that I just cant forget Trocheck saying when we hired Q. Something in the lines of "He will whip us into shape".

It's one thing I don't feel we've ever talked about here.
All those late losses / non energy games we have. Maybe our team just have one of the worst condition of all teams in the league. Not hard enough practices and high enough standards for players to keep to stay in the lineup. Of course there's players who go above and beyond in this matter (Barkov) but if you got passengers on the team that will hurt you a lot. I felt like Trocheck words you could sense that is an issue among our team. We've had too many coaches that just pat you on the back

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
One thing that I just cant forget Trocheck saying when we hired Q. Something in the lines of "He will whip us into shape".

All those late losses / non energy games we have. Maybe our team just have one of the worst condition of all teams in the league. Not hard enough practices and high enough standards for players to keep to stay in the lineup. Of course there's players who go above and beyond in this matter (Barkov) but if you got passengers on the team that will hurt you a lot. I felt like Trocheck words you could sense that is an issue among our team. We've had too many coaches that just pat you on the back

Bag skate incoming!!!

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario

Bjugstad alluded to this as well. Basically said he was gassed during Pitt practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad