GDT: The 2019 NCAA Football Thread

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
The ineptitude of Chip Kelly at UCLA is going way under the radar in comparison to other programs.

I see why he cited the "lack of pressure" when he chose UCLA over Florida now. Holy hell UF dodged a massive bullet.

Reactions: DaveG

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Wake Forest vs UNC was non conference, the f***? :huh:

On another note Kansas beat Boston College tonight, in Boston. The last time the Jayhawks won a road game against a power 5 school was 2008. 11 years ago.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Wake Forest vs UNC was non conference, the ****? :huh:

On another note Kansas beat Boston College tonight, in Boston. The last time the Jayhawks won a road game against a power 5 school was 2008. 11 years ago.

6 division games
1 protected "rivalry" game vs Duke
1 more game vs one of 6 opponents from other division means 1 game every 6 years vs UNC.

Both teams got fed up with that and scheduled an OOC H&H.

More detail here: Wake Forest’s game against UNC is a reminder of the ACC’s flawed scheduling model

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
West Virginia plays fast. They certainly have fit in with the rest of the Big 12. Although IIRC they played fast in the Big East too, so maybe it was a natural fit all along.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Blocked punt turns in to a TD 3 plays later for WVU. First multi-score lead of the day for either team, 31-21.
State never fails to disappoint, underachieve, and shoot themselves in the foot!!

EDIT: Think we picked up Cam as QB and Turner calling our offensive plays...this is brutal to watch and absolutely embarassing

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
As a Hokies fan, I'm still not quite sure what we have in Fuente, good or bad. His first two years with a veteran team, they were pretty good. Those obviously weren't his players though.

Between transfers, early graduations, and guys kicked off the team they've been incredibly young this year and last. Some of that attrition falls on Fuente though. Anyone that didn't see the SI article about the state of the team last year should read it. Maybe just some bad apples or maybe a coach in over his head.

They're still very young this year with only 5 or 6 seniors, and they've had some talented players on the shelf so far. At this point I just want to continue the bowl streak, maybe the UVA streak, and evaluate from there. I hate getting rid of a coach too soon unless you know they are awful for certain or have an amazing hire lined up.

Reactions: Tryamw

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
As a Hokies fan, I'm still not quite sure what we have in Fuente, good or bad. His first two years with a veteran team, they were pretty good. Those obviously weren't his players though.

Between transfers, early graduations, and guys kicked off the team they've been incredibly young this year and last. Some of that attrition falls on Fuente though. Anyone that didn't see the SI article about the state of the team last year should read it. Maybe just some bad apples or maybe a coach in over his head.

They're still very young this year with only 5 or 6 seniors, and they've had some talented players on the shelf so far. At this point I just want to continue the bowl streak, maybe the UVA streak, and evaluate from there. I hate getting rid of a coach too soon unless you know they are awful for certain or have an amazing hire lined up.
Fuente is a shit head coach. Every year we are worse than the year before. He's supposed to be a QB guru and our QB spot is the worst position we have on the team right now despite having some of the highest rated recruits.

His ass needs to be fired soon.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
State never fails to disappoint, underachieve, and shoot themselves in the foot!!

EDIT: Think we picked up Cam as QB and Turner calling our offensive plays...this is brutal to watch and absolutely embarassing
To be fair they ran in to WVU at the wrong time. They were pissed off coming in to the game after the showing in Missouri.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00