GDT: The 2019 NCAA Football Thread

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Well, week... 0? is upon us. And we have Miami vs Florida on desk. So I figured as good a time as any to start the thread.

I can post schedules as we go here, but I know for a fact that we have fans of the following on this board:

App State
ECU
Duke
NC State
UNC
Wake Forest
Virginia
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
Clemson
South Carolina
Florida
Tennessee

anyone else feel free to let me know and I'll add your team to the schedule tracking post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unsustainable

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I root for UNC-Charlotte sometimes but have no idea who the coach is since Brad Lambert finally got axed last year. Some "fan" I am.

Also weird to be seeing a game between two P5 schools this early, usually these week 0 games are the smaller schools with an occasional Oregon State vs Colorado State type of matchup as the "marquee" game of the week.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
You are not. Stop it.

O1lKMSk.png

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Neither team deserved to win the game for that awful 4th quarter but someone had too. Good job Gators not choking after all those PI calls.

Reactions: DaveG

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
What we witnessed at the end was not Florida vs. Miami. It was the Florida defensive line vs. the Florida secondary.

Side note, if I wanted to watch a QB do nothing but turn the ball over, I'd just throw every QB we've had post-Tebow (bar Grier) out there. At least they knew they sucked and didn't do nothing but talk shit and act like some legend when they're total trash like Franks.

Reactions: DaveG

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Georgia Tech 4th and goal from the Clemson 1 and it's intercepted. A few plays later Clemson adds 6 to the board.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Clemson has played pretty poorly outside of a few big plays and are still up 28-0. Big play ability matters. They've got a lot of stuff to clean up for the aTm game though.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
am nc state fan

expectations always low, yet always disappointed
Yea, basically in all sports this is just NC State's mantra...low bar and still fall short. Beat #1 Duke in basketball...lose to South Iowa State Community College Freshman tryout team. Get ranked in the top 15, immediately blow games until you fall out and then lose like 2 games into the NIT tournament (because you bombed out so bad you didn't even make March Madness). Beat UVA, get destroyed by Clemson, lose out to Wake. Make a bowl game, COMPLETE IMPLOSION

Reactions: MinJerkBen

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Yea, basically in all sports this is just NC State's mantra...low bar and still fall short. Beat #1 Duke in basketball...lose to South Iowa State Community College Freshman tryout team. Get ranked in the top 15, immediately blow games until you fall out and then lose like 2 games into the NIT tournament (because you bombed out so bad you didn't even make March Madness). Beat UVA, get destroyed by Clemson, lose out to Wake. Make a bowl game, COMPLETE IMPLOSION
You forgot: Just as things start looking promising, probation.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Probably not worth putting them out there until October at the earliest. Gotta let the early part of the season shake out, first. Any projections now are just based on opinion and not anything on the field.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00