Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Besides Jack Hughes, who are you looking forward to the most?

• Albin Grewe, C/RW [Djurgardens J20, SuperElit]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Alright... so Jack was going to play at Michigan this upcoming season. That would have netted him ~35-40 NCAA games and the WJC. Instead he stayed with the UNDTP which will net him about 65-70+ games split between USHL, 17 NCAA games, and various world games (WJC, U18, and likely Worlds). He is playing more games, with the NCAA games facing many of the same teams he would have at Michigan. At least try to understand the team and program...
It's ok. Just thought it was funny that after all this talk we have had Jack playing only with kids he continued that playing with the U18-team and not the U20-team like Kakko. Although I don't know is the USA U20 team even playing this week. But there's no rush I guess even he plays someday against adults;)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It's ok. Just thought it was funny that after all this talk we have had Jack playing only with kids he continued that playing with the U18-team and not the U20-team like Kakko. Although I don't know is the USA U20 team even playing this week. But there's no rush I guess even he plays someday against adults;)

You must not know much about the USNDTP and how it operates... learn about that before bragging about playing on the U20.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It's clear to everybody that you love that league to death. Like I said It's ok but it still is a league for kids.

Jesus... The USNDTP isn't a league... it is a program that competes in the USHL and NAHL, but plays many games with NCAA programs too. It is obvious you don't want to learn this and expand your hockey knowledge though.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Jesus... The USNDTP isn't a league... it is a program that competes in the USHL and NAHL, but plays many games with NCAA programs too. It is obvious you don't want to learn this and expand your hockey knowledge though.
Not even a league? Oh man, no wonder Matthews wanted out and Hughes' value is dropping.

Reactions: New Scotlander

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
It's clear to everybody that you love that league to death. Like I said It's ok but it still is a league for kids.

I am a little bit confused here!! Saying that the USNDTP is a league is like saying that Michael Jackson walked on the Moon and Neil Armstrong did the moonwalk .... ouf

Just a friendly advise ... before arguing... know your facts!!!

Reactions: Ivan13

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
I am a little bit confused here!! Saying that the USNDTP is a league is like saying that Michael Jackson walked on the Moon and Neil Armstrong did the moonwalk .... ouf

A friendly advice is always a nice advice but no thanks.
My argument was that Hughes keeps playing with kids. It doesn't matter if it's called a league, a program or a kindergarden, the fact remains. Henchman gets always so emotional when he's talking about USNDTP:pullhair:

Reactions: New Scotlander

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
A friendly advice is always a nice advice but no thanks.
My argument was that Hughes keeps playing with kids. It doesn't matter if it's called a league, a program or a kindergarden, the fact remains. Henchman gets always so emotional when he's talking about USNDTP:pullhair:
Your correct , Hughes playing in the development program against the likes of USHL and NAHL to pad his stats. 2 poor leagues . I mean NAHL really ? That's like Pee wee in Canada. If the Hughes character wasnt a question the Red wings never would have passed on Quinn

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedWell

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
After racking up points against total cans to start the season, Kakko has been held pointless in 4 of the last 5 Liiga games and again in the U20 game.

Reactions: Tommy G

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

He's just a troll, I wouldn't take what he has to say seriously.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Still a lot will change, but this draft is getting weirder by the day. Some top talented players like Cajkovic and Nussbaumer who are consensus first rounders are on truly effin' terrible teams (a lot of scouts have their work cut out for them). Then someone like Lavoie, who is quite talent, is on a really deep team so his numbers might be a bit inflated to the amount of talent he has. Next, there are a crap ton of pure goalscores it is looking like in the top half; Boldy, Caufield, Foote, Kaliyev, Lavoie, McMichael, Podkolzin, and Alexandrov. Not that this is a bad thing, more like an observation since you tend to find a lot of the offencive dynamos (ones who have identical goals and assists) get drafted first over a lot of "potentially" one-dimensional players, but as of now we'll probably be seeing a number of sniper type forwards be drafted fairly early.

One player to watch for that could be a big riser is Vladislav Kolyachonok at eliteprospects.com . Heard a ton of good things about him. This is year and next year are generational golden age drafts for Belarus.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
After racking up points against total cans to start the season, Kakko has been held pointless in 4 of the last 5 Liiga games and again in the U20 game.

In two of those Liiga games the entire team was also held pointless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad