Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Besides Jack Hughes, who are you looking forward to the most?

• Albin Grewe, C/RW [Djurgardens J20, SuperElit]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Nothing's linear and nobody is the same as Cozens is from Santa Claus land and Bennett is from suburbia central, totally agree. However, that doesn't mean that players can share the same problems and concerns as others. Perhaps I am fearmongering, but Bennett got insanely hyped during his draft year, especially in the later stages when scouts compare his game as "complete competitor", "never takes a shift off", and "tools fit perfectly with the NHL style". Scouts are saying the same attributes about Cozens in the early goings, thus why I still currently like Dach more. Frame also doesn't have a huge concern for me between the two since Bennett is a trench-warefare player and his worth ethic can minimize any advantage that Cozen possesses on him - its how Wolski is not in the NHL, but Parise is.

By no means am I saying Cozens can't bust and it can't be for similar reasons to Bennett, but they are different sorts of prospects in the end and should be evaluated differently. Bennett was never going to have the NHL size to dominate physically and we are seeing that he didn't have enough skill to make an adjustment. To me,Cozens clearly will have the NHL frame to dominate and play his game physically. I can easily understand liking Dach more than Cozens... I have both in that 3-6ish range right now. I'd prefer Cozens over Dach because I think Cozens has a better chance at being a center long-term (skating and pace are better), but if Dach translates to center, I wouldn't a bit surprised to see him be the better NHL player, there is more offensive upside in Dach. To me they are very close.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
We're going to miss the playoffs by a few points, and end up winning spot #3 in the lottery. Ottawa will win spot #2 and we will walk away with Kakko and Cozens and never have to worry about secondary scoring again.

Let's do this, hockey Gods. You owe us for 2017. And 2016.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
We're going to miss the playoffs by a few points, and end up winning spot #3 in the lottery. Ottawa will win spot #2 and we will walk away with Kakko and Cozens and never have to worry about secondary scoring again.

Let's do this, hockey Gods. You owe us for 2017. And 2016.

Kakko and someone would be great! Dunno about it being Cozens.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Can someone find a picture of Makar standing next to Hughes please? Would like to get a sense of how big Hughes is.

2lxzc8.jpg

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hughes has completely taken over the 5 Nations tournament... Jesus F Christ...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hughes has completely taken over the 5 Nations tournament... Jesus F Christ...
Not sure how good the competition is since USA took their best team, but here's one of the goals he scored.

He's not small, he's not tall. He's shorter than tall, but taller than short. Even in shorts. Or without...
OMFG, think about if we actually drafted Hughes? The height discussions would expand tenfold - on HFB we would be creating a new type of scientific field called Heightology.

Reactions: Tommy G

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Not sure how good the competition is since USA took their best team, but here's one of the goals he scored.

Most of the top eligible players for their countries are in this tournament (Kakko isn't). Broberg, Aaltonen, Nikkanen, Grewe, Costmar, etc are there.... but the level of the US team is completely different. The US team looks to have ~5 first rounders on it. Not sure any other team has more than 2... maybe the Finns.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Kakko is playing with U20 team. Hughes plays against kids in the national team and in the kiddy league. Seems to me that Jack is afraid.

Reactions: New Scotlander

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Kakko is playing with U20 team. Hughes plays against kids in the national team and in the kiddy league. Seems to me that Jack is afraid.
Probably will skip the combine like his bro.
I agree , why is the playing under 20 instead

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sure. That narrative still stands.

Alright... so Jack was going to play at Michigan this upcoming season. That would have netted him ~35-40 NCAA games and the WJC. Instead he stayed with the UNDTP which will net him about 65-70+ games split between USHL, 17 NCAA games, and various world games (WJC, U18, and likely Worlds). He is playing more games, with the NCAA games facing many of the same teams he would have at Michigan. At least try to understand the team and program...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad