Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part VI

Which Goaler (besides Knight) would you want the Avs to draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Grewe plays like one of those farm boys.
M3MrDMI.gif

?

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We just need to swap the inch and feet numbers when talking about him! Joke aside... he's as gritty as they come. Not sure of the overall talent level, but compete and energy are there.

Alexandrov is a guy I really, really like.
Yeah, definitely has a lack of talent like vision and playmaking, but has fantastic shot and loves to get dirty. Reminds me of a mixture between Yanni Gourde and Andrew Shaw.

Hahaha, not sure he's that skilled. :sarcasm: E: He was the Swede who knocked out Canada in the U18's.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Warren is an interesting case, I was a huge fan of him entering into the draft. He then proceeded to have an absolutely terrible 1st half to the season. As an underager I was projecting him as a top 20 player. He began to feel comfortable and he started finding a groove and look more comfortable out there. He hasn't been perfect; his offence potential isn't as high as I though it was going to be, his defence has been off/on, his decision making is iffy at times, and he tends to try to force the play a bit too much akin to Tyson Barrie.

If there is a word that this draft is becoming more apparent each day, it is that there are lot of raw players which I would say Warren is one. Not talking about huge boom/bust potential, but a ton of players who need work to polish their skills and if they do this draft class can become a very good one perhaps even rivaling 2013). However, there is still a lot to like here with him such as his mobility, his ability to create offence, he's defencively sound for majority of the game, and can play either a risky game or a smooth safe game as well. I was going to label him Mark Pysyk 2.0 as a solid mid-pairing shutdown defender, but he has enough talent to be considered a more two-way guy. I see a bigger less intelligent version of Samuel Girard (which is still a solid player). Might be a better comparison out there, but I don't have the time to go and look.

With that said, I think I prefer to risk the chance of him falling to the 2nd round. If we're there at 28th, I think I am taking Bjornfot, Thomson, or Nikolayev instead. Ilya is an interesting player, super on the raw side, but some unbelievable flashes of skill/talent.

Nikita Alexandrov.

What about him ? Should be there in the 2nd round no ? He's a few days too young from being eligible last year

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sportsnet’s 2019 NHL Draft Prospect Rankings: May - Sportsnet.ca

Hawks gonna take Byram and totally restock their blue line in the last 3 drafts
Ouch, We are gonna need another d prospect

Use the 16th or 28th-31st pick on defense then. At 16 one of York or Broberg... at 28-31 Sieder, Kolyachonok, or Thomson... There are going to be good defensive prospect from 10-on. I'd actually say a strength of this draft is the depth of the defensemen after the high end tiers. There will be good defensemen prospects selected in the 50s this year.

Reactions: avsfan09

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The more I think about it, the more I am believing that Byram is a lock at 3rd overall.
What about him ? Should be there in the 2nd round no ? He's a few days too young from being eligible last year
Alexandrov? I would absolutely reach for him in the 28th to 31st easily. He's a brilliant two-way player that has some limitations in talent, but maximizes the talent he has. He has unbelievable anticipation which makes him so good on the forecheque and would make him a very valuable piece in Bednar's system. Furthermore, he never gives up on pucks until the whistle, loves going to the dirty areas, has very good shooting mechanics, can also pass the puck, and underrated smooth stickhander. He plays a very ROR-esque type of game where he's not flashy by any means, but is a catalyst and producer of plays.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Sportsnet’s 2019 NHL Draft Prospect Rankings: May - Sportsnet.ca

Hawks gonna take Byram and totally restock their blue line in the last 3 drafts
Ouch, We are gonna need another d prospect

AVs need a 2C more and wouldn’t be too concerned.

Hawks have DMen with 4 of their top 7 prospects. AVs already have Girard, Zadorov and Makar in the NHL. They still have Timmins (?), Meloche and Graves. EJ, Barrie and Cole are the vets. Draft could add further depth.

Both teams have similar prospect strengths DMen and needs 2C.

Byram or Turcotte.

AVs will just pick the other.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
AVs need a 2C more and wouldn’t be too concerned.

Hawks have DMen with 4 of their top 7 prospects. AVs already have Girard, Zadorov and Makar in the NHL. They still have Timmins (?), Meloche and Graves. EJ, Barrie and Cole are the vets. Draft could add further depth.

Both teams have similar prospect strengths DMen and needs 2C.

Byram or Turcotte.

AVs will just pick the other.
I know I should have stated a d with 1 of the 1sts .

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Turcotte will only be ready in two years. Big boy Dach can be placed in right away.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
The more I think about it, the more I am believing that Byram is a lock at 3rd overall.

Alexandrov? I would absolutely reach for him in the 28th to 31st easily. He's a brilliant two-way player that has some limitations in talent, but maximizes the talent he has. He has unbelievable anticipation which makes him so good on the forecheque and would make him a very valuable piece in Bednar's system. Furthermore, he never gives up on pucks until the whistle, loves going to the dirty areas, has very good shooting mechanics, can also pass the puck, and underrated smooth stickhander. He plays a very ROR-esque type of game where he's not flashy by any means, but is a catalyst and producer of plays.
Yeah I hear good things about him around these parts . What do up think of Cajkovic and the Belarus defensemen , can't think of his name right now , in the OHL ? If you wouldn't mind .

Edit: with 2nd rounder

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah I hear good things about him around these parts . What do up think of Cajkovic and the Belarus defensemen , can't think of his name right now , in the OHL ? If you wouldn't mind
Ehhhh, okay.

Cajkovic is underrated for this draft, was put in a bad situation with a terrible club and a lot of rumours was he was going to leave back to Europe. Decided to stick it out taking a lot of courage to do and wants to be a difference maker (all good signs for scouts). Thought he played a bit too much of a junior style of hockey earlier on, but the more I watched the more I became impressed. He's a slick skater which should help him from his ultimate lack of frame in the pro leagues, but he isn't soft by any stretch of the imagination (got 31 PIMs in 7 games at the U18). Best skills for me is his off the rush hockey IQ and playmaking to go along his good skating ability. He also has a solid eye for the powerplay as well, even though I much prefer even strength points at the junior level. Underrated goalscorer and goes to show that he has a decent amount of hockey IQ to be a top 60 player for me. I am a fan of him and he has the potential to be a Philipp Kurashev 2.0 type of prospect (aka a non-1st round steal).

Koliachonok was in another bad situation to the start the year, I believe he was drafted by the London Knights, but they couldn't play him because of too many imports on their club. Didn't play for like the first to two months of the season and I believe he also sustained an injury during that time too. After that he was eventually traded to another terrible team in the Flint Firebirds. I quite like him, he is a wonderful skater from the back end and can command the game by himself. He has fantastic offencive instincts and is quite a reactionary player to the developing play meaning he can make adjustments on the fly. Needs to improve on his patience with the puck defencively and handle the physicality portion of the game. But the lad is 6'2" so he should be able to put another solid 15 lbs of muscle when he reaches his prime. I also want him to see him be more consistent in games as well. However, he is also surprising good at playing the QB on the powerplay and has some swagger in his game which I like to see. Reminds me of Jake Gardiner/Brett Burns.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Ehhhh, okay.

Cajkovic is underrated for this draft, was put in a bad situation with a terrible club and a lot of rumours was he was going to leave back to Europe. Decided to stick it out taking a lot of courage to do and wants to be a difference maker (all good signs for scouts). Thought he played a bit too much of a junior style of hockey earlier on, but the more I watched the more I became impressed. He's a slick skater which should help him from his ultimate lack of frame in the pro leagues, but he isn't soft by any stretch of the imagination (got 31 PIMs in 7 games at the U18). Best skills for me is his off the rush hockey IQ and playmaking to go along his good skating ability. He also has a solid eye for the powerplay as well, even though I much prefer even strength points at the junior level. Underrated goalscorer and goes to show that he has a decent amount of hockey IQ to be a top 60 player for me. I am a fan of him and he has the potential to be a Philipp Kurashev 2.0 type of prospect (aka a non-1st round steal).

Koliachonok was in another bad situation to the start the year, I believe he was drafted by the London Knights, but they couldn't play him because of too many imports on their club. Didn't play for like the first to two months of the season and I believe he also sustained an injury during that time too. After that he was eventually traded to another terrible team in the Flint Firebirds. I quite like him, he is a wonderful skater from the back end and can command the game by himself. He has fantastic offencive instincts and is quite a reactionary player to the developing play meaning he can make adjustments on the fly. Needs to improve on his patience with the puck defencively and handle the physicality portion of the game. But the lad is 6'2" so he should be able to put another solid 15 lbs of muscle when he reaches his prime. I also want him to see him be more consistent in games as well. However, he is also surprising good at playing the QB on the powerplay and has some swagger in his game which I like to see. Reminds me of Jake Gardiner/Brett Burns.
Right on , thanks for taking the time brother much appreciated.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Hein ? Newhook is more talented offensively to me m just my opinion . :bow:
We shall see. I’m of the opinion that Turcotte is better both offensively and defensively than Newhook, is a better skater, has a higher IQ, better hands, and is a better playmaker. And I don’t quite think I’m alone on any of those fronts.

Reactions: Murzu and cgf

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Does anyone know Turcotte's ceiling and which player he has been compared to the most? I hope he has enough skill to be a 2nd line center. Hopefully in 1 season, just like Rants, he can be on the Avs roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad