Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part VI

Which Goaler (besides Knight) would you want the Avs to draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Broberg is like Podkolzin, great tournament and ranking shoots up. He’ll be fine with 16th, but there are better options.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I've fully turned the corner on wanting Zegras at 4. He's raw and may need an extra season, but the frame will be there, smarts are through the roof, most skilled player after the top 2, he's shown more and more sandpaper as the season has gone on... I like Turcotte a lot too, but I just think Zegras as more of that 'it' factor and has a higher ceiling without much more risk.

Then Broberg or Knight at 16.

I saw McCagg hyping him up last night as well.

Reactions: avsfan09
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I'd be fine with Zegras, I definitely think he's got the pure upside with his smarts to be an impact player that could surpass the other guys available at that spot. I'm still really hoping that the Avs put together a package to move up from the 16 into the Top-10. I think we could really set the teams future up to be dominant in a season if they are aggressive.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I would prefer Turcotte but I would certainly be ok with Zegras as well especially before Cozens. Cozens is starting to scare me a little. One thing though...if we go with Zegras then the Avs need to add a goal scorer to the team, somebody that will be a very good complement to Zegras. That's another reason I prefer Turcotte. He is more balanced. He can score and he can also be a playmaker. We have some great options at #4 regardless of what CHI do at #3.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I would prefer Turcotte but I would certainly be ok with Zegras as well especially before Cozens. Cozens is starting to scare me a little. One thing though...if we go with Zegras then the Avs need to add a goal scorer to the team, somebody that will be a very good complement to Zegras. That's another reason I prefer Turcotte. He is more balanced. He can score and he can also be a playmaker. We have some great options at #4 regardless of what CHI do at #3.

If they decide to go with Zegras, I'd 100% go after Kreider and also try to sign Hayes. In a season or two when Zegras is ready you've got veteran, big bodies that can give him time and space to be successful.

Reactions: missionAvs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad