Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part VI

Which Goaler (besides Knight) would you want the Avs to draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I hate this. We have our pick of all but one of Pod, Byram, Turcotte, Cozens, Dach, Zegras, Krebs, Caufield, and some might even go further. All of whom have the ability to be the best of the bunch when it’s all said and done and all of whom have the risk of completely underwhelming. Most/any of whom you could make an argument for based on personal preference.

Really hard not to feel like I’m going to be disappointed regardless who they go with :laugh:

Far too much opportunity for the Avs to end up with egg on their face for my liking.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I feel that the Avs will take a center, and maybe just maybe Podz.

Podkolzin is an over rated RW.

Farell - What Did You Say?.gif

Reactions: lonelybadger

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
Difficult to determine, fans seem to like Byram.

AVs win regardless of their choice. I think both Turcotte or Byram would be solid additions.
This is where I sit as well. I'd take either one and be happy as heck. If Chi goes a different direction and both are there I myself would take Turcotte and run to the podium

Reactions: Patagonia

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
This is where I sit as well. I'd take either one and be happy as heck. If Chi goes a different direction and both are there I myself would take Turcotte and run to the podium

Given the 4OA pick is gravy on top of Girard, I'm not going to complain. I haven't seen any of the prospects although I'm sure with that high of a pick, they'll undoubtedly draft a talented player. I'd prefer Byram because I like the idea of being set on D for a long time but Turcotte is fine as well.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
Given the 4OA pick is gravy on top of Girard, I'm not going to complain. I haven't seen any of the prospects although I'm sure with that high of a pick, they'll undoubtedly draft a talented player. I'd prefer Byram because I like the idea of being set on D for a long time but Turcotte is fine as well.
See that is where we differ cause I more or less think our D is prett set as long as we resign Barrie and have Timmons on stand by (as long as his concussion issue seems to be clear which I'm pretty sure it is). I really like Byram's game and if we do get him I would not complain at all (not that I'd complain about anyone considering Joe will forget more then I'll ever know about hockey) but I really like Turcotte and he fills a position of need so I just think that is a double whammy imo.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
See that is where we differ cause I more or less think our D is prett set as long as we resign Barrie and have Timmons on stand by (as long as his concussion issue seems to be clear which I'm pretty sure it is). I really like Byram's game and if we do get him I would not complain at all (not that I'd complain about anyone considering Joe will forget more then I'll ever know about hockey) but I really like Turcotte and he fills a position of need so I just think that is a double whammy imo.

Do you think Turcotte would be ready to step into the NHL? I thought only Hughes and Kakko were the ones and the other top prospects would be spending at least a season in the AHL. I know no one likes the idea of trading Barrie but drafting Byram makes that an option to trade for immediate help with a second line C, lower cap hit with Byram's entry contract instead of $7.5M/AAV and Newport and Byram is noted for his offense. I'm not saying they should trade Barrie but I'd rather be overstocked with D. It always gives you lots of options. That said, I'd like to find out how healthy Timmins is before doing anything.

Reactions: Tommy G

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
Do you think Turcotte would be ready to step into the NHL? I thought only Hughes and Kakko were the ones and the other top prospects would be spending at least a season in the AHL. I know no one likes the idea of trading Barrie but drafting Byram makes that an option to trade for immediate help with a second line C, lower cap hit with Byram's entry contract instead of $7.5M/AAV and Newport and Byram is noted for his offense. I'm not saying they should trade Barrie but I'd rather be overstocked with D. It always gives you lots of options. That said, I'd like to find out how healthy Timmins is before doing anything.
No he is not ready and already stated he is going to Boston College I believe but I think he has the most upside other then Pods of who is left and he has 2 or 3 years left in Russia I believe. I also think Turcotte is the closest of who is left as well.

Reactions: Patagonia

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Turcotte #4
Newhook or Lavoie#16
#47 solid LHD or Puistola ,Cajkovic

I like your choices for the 1st round.
  • Turcotte/Byram
  • Newhook/Lavoie/Kaliyev/Knight/Harley/York
Sens pick would depend on the Hawks. AVs pick have so many choices.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Damn you @S E P H for such a hard poll question. It's very close between Sogaard, Alnefelt, & Ellis for me.
You're not going to like this, but I am not a fan of any of those lads. Sogaard has the potential to be great, but he's way too raw for my liking, if he's there in the 3rd round though absolutely grab him (someone is going to take him too high for my liking though). Alnefelt has great athleticism, but I don't see the IQ side to his game. Ellis is as plain vanilla as humanly possible, don't see any high-end skill.

I much prefer to grab Kochetkov, Wolf, or Gauthier. The best goaler in this draft after Knight is easily Wolf for me and I have good things to say about Gauthier and Miner.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
You're not going to like this, but I am not a fan of any of those lads. Sogaard has the potential to be great, but he's way too raw for my liking, if he's there in the 3rd round though absolutely grab him (someone is going to take him too high for my liking though). Alnefelt has great athleticism, but I don't see the IQ side to his game. Ellis is as plain vanilla as humanly possible, don't see any high-end skill.

I much prefer to grab Kochetkov, Wolf, or Gauthier. The best goaler in this draft after Knight is easily Wolf for me and I have good things to say about Gauthier and Miner.
No love for Saville? I don't know much about goalie prospects so I can only go by stats but he has had very good numbers throughout his career so far. Any info on him?

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
I hate this. We have our pick of all but one of Pod, Byram, Turcotte, Cozens, Dach, Zegras, Krebs, Caufield, and some might even go further. All of whom have the ability to be the best of the bunch when it’s all said and done and all of whom have the risk of completely underwhelming. Most/any of whom you could make an argument for based on personal preference.

Really hard not to feel like I’m going to be disappointed regardless who they go with :laugh:

Far too much opportunity for the Avs to end up with egg on their face for my liking.

I'm actually not worried at all about the number 4 pick. Avs have usually done pretty well for themselves in the top 10 in drafts. Whoever the decide on I'll have faith that they turn into one of the best in the bracket of players you mentioned.

I begin to worry when we get to our second 1st rounder and beyond (but they seem to be improving in those rounds recently).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
People bashing Podkolzin, but I haven't seen any negativity for Cozens. I love the guy, but he's having a terrible U18 thus far - forcing so many plays, trying to think about what to do instead of doing it.
No love for Saville? I don't know much about goalie prospects so I can only go by stats but he has had very good numbers throughout his career so far. Any info on him?
Saville is awesome as well, but he plays on a loaded team so not sure how much those numbers are skewed and what his talent level is. Definitely the most undervalued goaltending prospect on the board.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Unfortunately, I don't think the Wild would be open for trading down from #12 given the rivalry.

No specific player in mind, it's just one pick ahead of Florida.:sarcasm:

Maybe the Kings will trade the Panthers the #5.:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad