Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part II

Which combo is wetting your appetite the most? (4th & 25th as of 11/27)-(You only have two options)

• Total voters

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If the Avs pick 1st and 4th and fail to get out of the draft with Hughes and Kakko/Cozens/Turcotte/Byram I might lose my mind.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Is it worth trading down in this draft? Say if the Avs don't get one of the first two picks.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Is there that much of a difference from say #4 and #6 - #8

Turcotte, Cozen, and Byram have franchise level potential at their respective positions, the only other guy who has that not named Hughes and Kakko is Knight who is not a top 10 pick.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Turcotte, Cozen, and Byram have franchise level potential at their respective positions, the only other guy who has that not named Hughes and Kakko is Knight who is not a top 10 pick.
Knight might surprise. Top ten might be a tad high but I bet he’s top 15 on draft day. Best goalie prospect in a long time.

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
Simmed the draft and ended up with first and third overall to avs. So good. I dont know who i want more between hughes and kakko.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hughes/Kakko with Ottawa pick.

Byram with our own pick once it ends up at the ~6/7/8 range. Franchise 2C and a potential Top pairing Dman would be exactly what the doctors ordered for this team.
No doubt. Getting another defender of Byram's quality would be ideal, but at the prospect game showed that he isn't as perfect as some of the Byram-homers (in the prospect section) say he is. I labelled him around Reilly quality and still think he has that sort of potential, but I also suggest he doesn't think the game as high as Morgan does, well at least offencively concerned. It isn't too big of a worry in the long run, but he really does try to do a lot of things himself instead of relying on teammates. That could be because he so heavily relied upon in Vancouver, but he will need to know how to use his teammates better when he's surrounded by high talent like he will be in the NHL.

My favourite player still for this draft is Billy Constantinou and someone I would absolutely grab in the 2nd round (even if he's ranked 77th by McKenzie) if Avs decide to pass on Byram. Definitely not as talented as Bowen, but holy cow there is so much to like about his strengths, he's able to defend reasonably, move the puck, and distribute it properly (reminds me of a less talented and safe version of Matt Dumba).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What kind of player does Byram project as?
#2 two-way defender akin to Morgan Reilly; not as good offencively, but much better defencively. Better chance of being a #3 though, I tend to be more conservative when it comes to labeling players either top-pairing or 1st liners except if they're like Seth Jones or Crosby.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think Byram probably has top pairing upside but not convinced he ends up being a #1 yet. I wouldn't consider him in the Top 5 with Ottawa's pick but if our own ends up in the 7-10 range and we already have a Center from the Ottawa pick I think he' be a quality pick.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If we get 2 top 10 picks I want a C and a D man.

Ideally we can get Hughes/Kakko/Cozens with 1 and then Byram with the other. Think that’d be the perfect scenario assuming we don’t make the playoffs.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Girard. With Byram in the fold, we’ll have to trade him anyway. Might as well get a jump on it before he becomes a 6-year rental.
Reupping him next year eats an expansion slot too.

Unless they can trade EJ, which I doubt. Then again there’s not a ton of forwards or goalies on the current roster I want to protect.

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
In a couple of years:

Byram - Makar
Girard - Timmins
Z - Meloche

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad