Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part II

Which combo is wetting your appetite the most? (4th & 25th as of 11/27)-(You only have two options)

• Total voters

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I really dont think Podkolzin is consensus top 3. In fact I'd be shocked if he went 3rd overall. To me Cozens and Turcotte belong ahead of him, perhaps even Dach and Byram.

You figure McKenzie got a bum sample or what? Think he's being fed misinformation to skew the rankings?

Whether or not he ends up being the third best player in the draft and justifying that position, we have no reason to not believe that currently, in NHL circles, Podkolzin is the consensus 3rd. So far. Give it time, maybe that will change as you think it should.

IIf that holds though it will be interesting to see if he goes there or just how far he slides due to the whole Russia thing.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Podkolzin being top three means in scouts minds that he probably has the third highest ceiling. That doesn't mean he'll be picked there though. Other factors I imagine will come into play.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
6 of the 10 scouts McKenzie polled had Podkolzin #3. With one of them having him #2. Everyone else had him 4th or 5th.

If there's one thing Bob is still pretty damn good at, it's getting accurate rankings from the scouts he polls. Podkolzin has a very real shot at going #3 as of now.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Looking ahead in 2020? Antonio Stranges for London Knights, eerie similar to Mathew Barzal 2.0 for me. Fantastic player; vision, creativity, elusiveness because of skating ability, and fabulous passer - so much about his game to like.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Podkolzin being top three means in scouts minds that he probably has the third highest ceiling. That doesn't mean he'll be picked there though. Other factors I imagine will come into play.

Exactly. I dont doubt hes probably the 3rd most skilled, but theres a tonne more risk with him then other guys who are almost just as talented if not equally talented.

Plus, 4/10 had him at 4 or later. I'd hardly call it a consensus that he's #3

Reactions: avsfan09

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Exactly. I dont doubt hes probably the 3rd most skilled, but theres a tonne more risk with him then other guys who are almost just as talented if not equally talented.

Plus, 4/10 had him at 4 or later. I'd hardly call it a consensus that he's #3
And we know how antsy the league is about drafting Russians.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Looking ahead in 2020? Antonio Stranges for London Knights, eerie similar to Mathew Barzal 2.0 for me. Fantastic player; vision, creativity, elusiveness because of skating ability, and fabulous passer - so much about his game to like.

Caught a few games of his in person and you're not kidding. He just oozes offensive talent.

Reactions: S E P H

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Will likely fall on someone's laps and they won't have a choice to pick him, like Zadina last year.

Reactions: avsfan09

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I'm traveling to Helsinki in March and now I realized TPS is playing there the day after I should get there. Hopefully, I get a chance to see Kappo in person.

Welcome! If you go watch HIFK - TPS, you can also see Anton Lundell in action. Won't be our prospect tho ;)

Reactions: Ivan13

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I meant that Lundell won't be our prospect. And I think that's positive :laugh:

How is that positive? :huh::laugh:

Now, i know what you are going to say... but here it is... trade Barrie to a bad team for a package that includes an unprotected 2020 1st and... BOOM. Problem Solved.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
How is that positive? :huh::laugh:

Now, i know what you are going to say... but here it is... trade Barrie to a bad team for a package that includes an unprotected 2020 1st and... BOOM. Problem Solved.

Ehhh, I'd rather make the playoffs with Barrie next year :)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

Plus he’s on London. His stats are going to explode next year. Stud forward becomes superstar his draft year - it’s the London way. I love McMichael this year. I think he’s a better all-around prospect than Suzuki and Kaliyev.

Looks like quite a crop for 2020 from the OHL. Byfield, Drysdale, Perfetti, Foudy, Perreault, Stranges, etc. Perreault is putting up amazing numbers as a rookie on a mediocre team. His background is interesting as well...Yanic’s son, born in Montreal, youth hockey in the States, OHL for juniors, dual-citizen (looks like he’s going to represent Canada though).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Plus he’s on London. His stats are going to explode next year. Stud forward becomes superstar his draft year - it’s the London way. I love McMichael this year. I think he’s a better all-around prospect than Suzuki and Kaliyev.

Looks like quite a crop for 2020 from the OHL. Byfield, Drysdale, Perfetti, Foudy, Perreault, Stranges, etc. Perreault is putting up amazing numbers as a rookie on a mediocre team. His background is interesting as well...Yanic’s son, born in Montreal, youth hockey in the States, OHL for juniors, dual-citizen (looks like he’s going to represent Canada though).
You're also forgetting about Marco Rossi who actually has the best stats of all the forwards you listed, which proves your point even more. I've also heard great things about Gerard Keane as well from the OHL. His stat line sucks, but some OHLers think he could be a 1st rounder when we find ourselves in June in 2020. His brother, Joey who is a Rags draft pick is definitely one of the more underrated players in the hockey world.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
After seeing the Flyers' resurgence with Hart in goal, I hope the Avalanche take the BPA forward with our first selection (Hughes/Kakko?) and Spencer Knight with our second selection. I just don't see the Avs being strong in goal into the future without taking a top goalie prospect to develop. Not confident getting a top goalie via trade or UFA signing will happen. Either the Avalanche aren't drafting quality goalie prospects or they don't know how to develop goalies. Not sure which, so let's try drafting the best goalie prospect in the upcoming draft :)

Reactions: Balthazar

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Jack Hughes appears to be hurt again and did not play for USNTDP last night. He'll miss the Five Nations tournament in Sochi.

Dammit if he's out when they head out to Lincoln at the beginning of next month...

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Jack Hughes appears to be hurt again and did not play for USNTDP last night. He'll miss the Five Nations tournament in Sochi.

Dammit if he's out when they head out to Lincoln at the beginning of next month...

Yeah it was on TV, and I was like wtf? Glad I didn't go in person last night lol. At least Makar/Bowers was on.

There is still a lot of good players to watch, but yeah that would suck.

Reactions: Pokecheque

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Screenshot_20190203-090146.png
seven tries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad