Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part II

Which combo is wetting your appetite the most? (4th & 25th as of 11/27)-(You only have two options)

• Total voters

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
I'd be possibly more excited with Knight with the AVS pick than anyone with the Sens pick not named Hughes or Kakko. Not because I don't like the rest of the top 10 but man, I want Knight. AVS never, ever drafted a potential franchise goalie.

I don't care if he takes time to develop, whoever they pick in that range (assuming it's going to be roughly in the #15-#20 range) is going to take time anyway.
Is it unheard of for a 1st round goaly to start year 1? I haven't followed the NHL draft other then the year we took MacK tbh. Just curious cause it's looking like we need a #1 goaly in the worst kinda way

Reactions: LTC Pain

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Is it unheard of for a 1st round goaly to start year 1? I haven't followed the NHL draft other then the year we took MacK tbh. Just curious cause it's looking like we need a #1 goaly in the worst kinda way
Only ones off the top of my head are diPetro and Fleury who were number 1's overall.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Dream world we pick up a C and Byram with the Avs pick. Him and Makar would really round out our defense.

I'd prefer all forwards. The second line needs three scorers, no one player alone can make it work.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I'd prefer all forwards. The second line needs three scorers, no one player alone can make it work.
I think the second line just needs a driver. We have pieces that should be able to play complimentary roles. Draft a C and pickup another 2nd liner in trade or FA.

Reactions: Brett44

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Avs 2nd rounder is somewhere between 40th and 50th, what are the odds Spencer Knight, Hunter Jones and Mads Sorgaard are all gone?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
There’s a case to be made that we need all positions.

We certainly need a forward or two, could definitely use a future 1D, and obviously need a future 1G.

Other than the Sens pick being a forward, I could see going in any direction.

If I had to guess, I would say we take a D with our 1st and then some random hopeless goalie in the 2nd/3rd rounds to add to Werner, Pajpach, Kvaca, Anunen, Shmakov, etc.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
We have a strong D. A top 6 of Barrie, Girard, Z, EJ, Makar and Graves. Meloche and Timmins as well. It’s an area of riches.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
We have a strong D. A top 6 of Barrie, Girard, Z, EJ, Makar and Graves. Meloche and Timmins as well. It’s an area of riches.
We dont have a #1 or even a top pairing guy yet. Some guys in our pipeline can grow into those roles but I think we should still consider taking a D if they have high end potential.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
I don't think the Avs' D is set at all. Right now it's a very mediocre group with one sure prospect in the system (Makar). I'd definitely take Byram in the 4-8 range.
Do this and sign a UFA C like Hayes. I would want to see us draft a pure shooter like Kaliyev with our pick then.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
It's spelled Knight and he's a goalie.

I will accept the pick if it indeed is Knight, but not entirely sure. He will be NHL ready when every single player on our team is either on a new contract or playing on a different team. Not even sure what the Avs will look like when he’s ready in 4-6 years.

Also, what about Francouz? Anunen? Martin? Shmakov? Kvaca? Werner? Pajpach? Aittokalio? Kolesnik? Phillipe Sauve?

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
The Avs really don't have any idea how to draft or develop goalies so just hope they throw some money at Bob even though I'd love them to take Sogaard with a 2nd/3rd or Gauthier/Maier/Wolf/Ellis with a mid pick. I still think despite how good Makar is the Avs lack the true #1 dman so I'd be happy with Byram with the sens pick then a Dorofeyev/Kaliyev/maybe Suzuki/Boldy if they fall with the Avs pick. Top 10 is all forwards other than Byram though so I'd go with Krebs/Dach/Cozens/Podkolzin and good defense options in the mid teens with Robertson/York/Soderstrom/Broberg/Seider even though I really want Dorofeyev as I think he's the Kuznetsov of this draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad