The 2019-20 Around the League Thread, Pt. VI - Zamboni Goalie Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not dark days but not sunny days either as the dead weight on this team (Loui E, Myers, Sutter, etc.,) will put an artificially lower ceiling on the club’s prospects. Doomed to mediocrity with Benning handing out these contracts.
All true about our prospects, but that presupposes Benning/Wisebrod will even keep our prospects. They already traded Madden. Those two could use more prospects as sweetener to get rid of crap contracts.

Reactions: Hit the post

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Rebuild's over man.

bandit.gif

Reactions: vanuck

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

Only way this season is going to work is having it all in Canada, the rumour is this is Arizona (where they are setting new daily highs every single day).

Edit:

Ok so it's in Florida, where they are also setting new daily highs and have absolutely zero handle on this pandemic.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Auston Matthews tested positive. Seems like the rumour that several NHL players living in AZ tested positive was true.

It's going to be an absolute disaster for the league if they go ahead with the season and a single player ends up in the ICU/with lifelong damage.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
More explosive and shocking allegations against junior hockey in newly filed lawsuit - TheHockeyNews

i think we heard most of carcillo’s allegations already but now there’s a (new?) lawsuit

i remember as a kid in the early 90s reading gretzky’s autobiography and being shocked af about “the shave,” which is where the team holds a teammate down or ties him up and shaves off all his pubic hair.

of that’s something the most famous player in the history of the sport will casually mention in his legacy autobiography can you imagine the kind of stuff players take to the grave?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Auston Matthews tested positive. Seems like the rumour that several NHL players living in AZ tested positive was true.

It's going to be an absolute disaster for the league if they go ahead with the season and a single player ends up in the ICU/with lifelong damage.

I can and can’t believe Steve Simmon named out the player

Reactions: rypper

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
it’s Simmons...how do you not believe it?

The NHL is not going to return to finish the season.

I expect we will also only see a 48 type game shortened season next year staring in Feb.
At this point I support not returning this season.
Returning now is literally risking thousands of lives so the billionaires can make more TV money. The nhl, its owners and the players can live their privilege life without one season of playoffs.
Cancel this season

Reactions: racerjoe

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

not to speak for billy but i think as a leafs reporter outing an anonymous player as having covid probably is the end of your access to that team so only a suicidal maniac would do that

otoh steve simmons is exactly the kind of ambulance chasing dirtbag who would out someone

but some ppl have suggested that matthews intentionally put his name out there

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006
not to speak for billy but i think as a leafs reporter outing an anonymous player as having covid probably is the end of your access to that team so only a suicidal maniac would do that

otoh steve simmons is exactly the kind of ambulance chasing dirtbag who would out someone

but some ppl have suggested that matthews intentionally put his name out there
i guess i just don't understand the outrage of a player (or anyone else) being named. this isn't an STD ffs, the easier it is for people to trace contact the better. I'd also be willing to bet that his name was put out there because he (rightly) didn't care that it was. Why would anyone?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i guess i just don't understand the outrage of a player (or anyone else) being named. this isn't an STD ffs, the easier it is for people to trace contact the better. I'd also be willing to bet that his name was put out there because he (rightly) didn't care that it was. Why would anyone?

even though a lot of ppl get it for a lot of different reasons, i am guessing some ppl would not want to be named for fear of being attached with any stigma of being careless or as diregarding the public good or whatever.

and of course if one of the few asian players gets it, that person’s entire family is 100% getting death threats or worse.

pretty sure the nhl’s company policy has been no names through this whole thing.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Speculation now is whether there will be any NHL playoffs this year, with several teams shutting down their stage two informal practices due to COVID infections. They couldn't even last two weeks.

How are NHL teams ever going to schedule training camps and play two months of round-robin hockey? Not happening.

Sad to say that pro sports may never return this season, or until they actually find a vaccine that works. And that's probably 2021 at the earliest.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Yeah I don't see this season resuming. RIP playoffs 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad