The 2019-20 Around the League Thread, Pt. VI - Zamboni Goalie Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Next one they need to poach is Gord Miller.
Miller has been with TSN for 30 years now joining them in 1990. He’s 54. He’s not jumping ahead of Hughson on the PBP list. So he’s be third on SN’s depth chart. Might as well stay with TSN and move into the top slot.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Next one they need to poach is Gord Miller.

I'll pass on Miller. He's competent but rushes out words when the play is developing too fast. At times I wonder if they have an oxygen tank in the broadcast booth so he can get his breath back.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I'll pass on Miller. He's competent but rushes out words when the play is developing too fast. At times I wonder if they have an oxygen tank in the broadcast booth so he can get his breath back.

Is it just me or is ford miller the voice of the world juniors. It’s gonna be such a shock when he’s not there anymore

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Is it just me or is ford miller the voice of the world juniors. It’s gonna be such a shock when he’s not there anymore
Why would he not be there anymore.

Gord going to Sportsnet too is only a dream of mine. He’s likely not going anywhere.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Yeah, Miller is a 6/10 PBP guy for me too. He isn’t overtly annoying and gets the job done in a workmanlike fashion but his voice and play calling skills are definitely not up there with the top guys.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Just sell the team already
The thing is, Melnyk's defenders aren't wrong when they say he saved the team once before. He probably did. Ottawa is probably the lowest-money market in the NHL, so putting it up for sale more or less guarantees that relocation enters right back into the picture. You're not going to get a lot of local investors in a government town with few multi-millionaires, particularly during a recession.

I may not be a Sens' fan (which helps to tolerate Melnyk, obviously), but I like having them here and don't want to watch that whole dance play out a second time, and likely lose the team to Kansas City or whatever. If Melynk could have cashed the team in at a profit to another Ottawa ownership group, I imagine he would have done it by now (or perhaps it's the tax benefits he wants... who knows, I don't actually pay close attention).

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
oeK2Rnw.png

It brings me joy knowing that Prust probably wasn't well-liked by his teammates during his stint here.

Also, this might be the exact moment Prust's brains turned into spaghetti.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Honestly one of the stupidest people to play in the NHL. Has absolutely nothing of value to add.

I had to think long and hard if I wanted to say something here, and as much as I think Prust is a doornob, and the video posted in reply brings me nothing but joy, the general statement is valid. I think it goes too far, but there is no doubt resisting arrest should come with a higher punishment than it currently does.

In many cases this has brought more violence including the one this weekend.

Mostly with everything going on right now I think we need to stop and figure out the correct moves forward. It has taken us well the US, 400 years to get here lets make sure we move forward in the correct direction.

Reactions: sting101

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I had to think long and hard if I wanted to say something here, and as much as I think Prust is a doornob, and the video posted in reply brings me nothing but joy, the general statement is valid. I think it goes too far, but there is no doubt resisting arrest should come with a higher punishment than it currently does.

Mostly with everything going on right now I think we need to stop and figure out the correct moves forward. It has taken us well the US, 400 years to get here lets make sure we move forward in the correct direction.
Unfortunately in this day and age common sense is not common for everyone, civilians and police.

Incidents where the initial call to police is a minor offence ends up in a death or significant injury, you just shake your head at and ask why. How did something that should be routine ends up in such a s-show.

Reactions: I am toxic

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Unfortunately in this day and age common sense is not common for everyone, civilians and police.

Incidents where the initial call to police is a minor offence ends up in a death or significant injury, you just shake your head at and ask why. How did something that should be routine ends up in such a s-show.

the most heartbreaking thing is the first officer on the scene was considering just letting brooks sleep it off in his car. then he decided to call a more experienced officer to ask what he should do

there never even needed to be an arrest to resist

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

Police have shown that they are incapable of handling situations where resisting arrest being handled more strictly is allowed. That authority needs to be taken away from them. How many videos have arisen where police grab someone doing nothing wrong, not resisting in anyways, and then yell "STOP RESISTING" and then mob them, beat them, and sometimes even kill them. That is going too far.

As Aristotle says, to achieve the mean you must bend the warped stick to the opposite extreme, so in these cases we have to strip police of their authority.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
the most heartbreaking thing is the first officer on the scene was considering just letting brooks sleep it off in his car. then he decided to call a more experienced officer to ask what he should do

Maybe, but I believe everyone should look at themselves first and think what they could have done better.

At work when our system runs slow the first thing I ask is whether I should have expected it given the time of the month. If it was month end then I should have done some things earlier rather than on that day. I don’t just chalk it up to a slow system.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016

The problem is that since Brooks was intoxicated, the officers would of been liable if he decided to drive and killed someone.

The media creating mass hysteria is doing more harm than good. Believing every cop is a racist that will kill you if you have handcuffs on will cause people to panic like this.

I'm not saying this was justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad