Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Tomorrow is the trade deadline. Crazy season

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Unfortunately I would miss the entire trade deadline coverage like a normal person

Why the f*** did they set the deadline on Monday? PEOPLE HAVE WORKS

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Unfortunately I would miss the entire trade deadline coverage like a normal person

Why the f*ck did they set the deadline on Monday? PEOPLE HAVE WORKS

I've wondered this for years. And I'm pretty sure the networks would rather have their TRADE DEADLINE SPECIALS! on a weekend morning relative to a weekday, especially now that football is done.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Seems quite sensible to me, having the trade deadline on a Monday. Teams are playing on weekend afternoons and evenings. And it's not something that has to be followed in real time; everyone can find out what happened on their lunch break or after work.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Seems quite sensible to me, having the trade deadline on a Monday. Teams are playing on weekend afternoons and evenings. And it's not something that has to be followed in real time; everyone can find out what happened on their lunch break or after work.

Scheduling wise it's very smart, especially if they schedule only 1 game during the deadline day like they did this year so there's minimal disruption.

Reactions: MS

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Yes the deadline will be overhyped and ueventful as it always is, in fact it may even be worse than usual. The meaningful moves only happen during the summer, Stone being moved last year was an exception.

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014

Why the f*ck did they set the deadline on Monday? PEOPLE HAVE WORKS
I have tomorrow off so I will be giving LIVE round the clock coverage :yo:

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
The TDL is the stupidest And most overrated event of the hockey season. None of the big trades happen

Oh, but you forget last year!

I take the day off every year, and stayed glued to the coverage all day, only to be supremely disappointed, with no Canuck deal announced, 15 minutes after the deadline passed.

Then all of a sudden we heard, "hold on a minute, we may have 1 more trade coming down the pipe here"! My ears perked up; "yes, we are getting reports the Canucks have traded Erik Gudbranson"!

Tears streamed down my face, for the first time since I was 7 years old. The rest is history.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!....Leafs twitter is blowing up after the Ayers embarrassment on home ice. Dubas must have had a sleepless night.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Oh, but you forget last year!

I take the day off every year, and stayed glued to the coverage all day, only to be supremely disappointed, with no Canuck deal announced, 15 minutes after the deadline passed.

Then all of a sudden we heard, "hold on a minute, we may have 1 more trade coming down the pipe here"! My ears perked up; "yes, we are getting reports the Canucks have traded Erik Gudbranson"!

Tears streamed down my face, for the first time since I was 7 years old. The rest is history.

Heh, I was just finishing my lunch hour and headed back to the office when I saw Bob tweet “VAN trades Gudbranson to PIT”. I was so pissed that I had to get back to work and miss the rest of the news as it broke.

What a fantastic trade that turned out to be. Pearson’s having a nice season, could even be a career best before it’s over.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
WPG just lost to BUF. One surprise long shot down, 3 to go.

All we need now is CGY to lose to DET, EDM to lose to LAK, and VGK to lose to ANA

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
Heh, I was just finishing my lunch hour and headed back to the office when I saw Bob tweet “VAN trades Gudbranson to PIT”. I was so pissed that I had to get back to work and miss the rest of the news as it broke.

What a fantastic trade that turned out to be. Pearson’s having a nice season, could even be a career best before it’s over.

Haha. I started day drinking and was wondering around the house like a sad little pout-scout.

Then, boom!

This year, I will keep my spirits up until at least an hour after the deadline!

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
I've rarely missed wasting a day watching the trade deadline, tomorrow is going to be one of those days. I believe most of the trades have already happened. I biggest curious is if Dubas will make a panic move move seeing the debacle of his team. He shouldn't do anything this year but for he cannot go into next season without a shakeup. Pure skill with no two-way/give a f*** players will get you no where.

Reactions: Egghead1999
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad