GDT: The 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think it is absolutely too small, not so much for the regular season (I think they would still be a playoff team), but for the playoffs. Even past that, I'd never want Tyler Johnson to be my #1C... IMO he can be a good #2, but will be way overmatched in a top line role. That is also probably the second hardest lineup spot to find in the NHL (after #1D)... I don't know how Tampa could fill it without making a bold trade.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
We've seen time and again once the new season starts all bets and sure things are off. Not to mention teams that they beat within their division will arm themselves so that doesnt happen again next year.

Sure, but you also have to take into account that they play in arguably the weakest division in the NHL. Their only challenge is Florida. Tampa after making the cup finals last year and now going deep into the playoffs again this year isn't suddenly going to miss the playoffs barring major injuries to a lot of players.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I think it is absolutely too small, not so much for the regular season (I think they would still be a playoff team), but for the playoffs. Even past that, I'd never want Tyler Johnson to be my #1C... IMO he can be a good #2, but will be way overmatched in a top line role. That is also probably the second hardest lineup spot to find in the NHL (after #1D)... I don't know how Tampa could fill it without making a bold trade.

..keep going :)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Sure, but you also have to take into account that they play in arguably the weakest division in the NHL. Their only challenge is Florida. Tampa after making the cup finals last year and now going deep into the playoffs again this year isn't suddenly going to miss the playoffs barring major injuries to a lot of players.

i think the habs bounce back. even with therrien sabotaging them.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
i think the habs bounce back. even with therrien sabotaging them.

All depends on how healthy Price is, and whether this injury lingers into next season or not.

Agreed. Especially if they just let Galchy play his game.

I have serious doubts about Therrien letting Galchenyuk play his game. I don't think Therrien is a poor coach per se, but he definitely isn't a good player manager.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I have serious doubts about Therrien letting Galchenyuk play his game. I don't think Therrien is a poor coach per se, but he definitely isn't a good player manager.

Legitimate fear, but Galchy got a lot more freedom the second half of the season and he really established himself. I don't think even Therrien would reverse that, and if the Habs do struggle, Therrien will be canned quickly.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Legitimate fear, but Galchy got a lot more freedom the second half of the season and he really established himself. I don't think even Therrien would reverse that, and if the Habs do struggle, Therrien will be canned quickly.

I think Therrien has major trust issues. He let Galchenyuk go in the second half but the Habs were done. It'll be a new season, a good early start is so important, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Plekanec/Desharnais as his top-two centres to start the year and Galchenyuk back on the wing with spurts at centre.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Doubtless TB still has an extremely solid roster without Stamkos, but you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger name or impact player to walk as a UFA in as long as I can remember. 26 years old, former 60 goal scorer who's averaged 40 goals a season throughout his young career, and people are saying he's the 6th most relevant player on his roster? Absolutely nuts.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I bet the Caps come out flat tonight. I cant imagine they can keep that intensity up for another game. They put everything on the table and lost, gotta be super deflating.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wow the amount of fortunate bounces Penguins are getting is just insane. Like their last 4-5 goals have all been some pure flukes. It's going to run out, completely unsustainable to continue to score some of the goals like they have.

Capitals have been WAY too much of one and done chances. Can't win too many games or even periods with such of a lack of offensive zone pressure. Their chemistry also looks discombobulated.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Its kinda upsetting to see well built teams like the Caps routinely lose in the playoffs. Like what else can they do ?

Not let a rookie goaltender outplay arguably the Vezina winner? Play their strong for-checking game for more than 5 minutes at a time?

Honestly, I thought Pittsburgh was the glass cannon not Washington.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Not let a rookie goaltender outplay arguably the Vezina winner? Play their strong for-checking game for more than 5 minutes at a time?

They can also stop missing on their shots lol.

But its these kind of things that happen in the playoffs all the time. Roy, Ward, etc. Its just happening to them this year. Its always something with them.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Thats the biggest difference between the two teams right there.
A WSH 4 on 2 gets rubbed out
A PIT 4 on 2 at least results in a chance.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Pretty disappointed in the 2nd round series in the West, hope Sharks and Blues advance because I think THAT would be a series. West won round 1, East winning round 2.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Pretty disappointed in the 2nd round series in the West, hope Sharks and Blues advance because I think THAT would be a series. West won round 1, East winning round 2.

I've liked the NSH/SJ series personally, Dallas and STL is going as expected. Dallas's lack of defensive ability and weak goaltending is negating their scoring ability.

If Dallas had solid goaltending I think they'd destroy STL, but they can't play with the same confidence they are used to.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I didn't think the Pens/Caps series would be this nasty. You always have to account for Wilson doing something idiotic but both teams are out there trying to hand out concussions with these high hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille