GDT: The 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This screams Crosby in OT... Headline being Crosby puts Ovy on the brink.

As for my prediction

Ovy/Malkin:D

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
FYI, Penguins had a 3-1 series lead over the Rangers a couple years ago. But Caps can come back and win this series, but they gotta wake up.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Wow what a terrible play by Weber. Totally threw off Holtby and handed the puck righ to Hornqvist.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Oh well Caps. I guess they will be one of those teams that just missed out on a cup. It happens. Im sure you can look back at playoff teams from years past and see other "Caps" that didnt win a cup.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Hahah that's bad luck, get your best coach and team in like two decades and end up facing the hottest Pittsburgh team in this decade

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm starting to feel bad for Ovie. Granted he's not exactly holding up his end but to keep blowing it in the playoffs has to be crushing.

Except he is... Others are not pulling their weight. I think they can come back but their "best" player has to show up next few games.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
FYI, Penguins had a 3-1 series lead over the Rangers a couple years ago. But Caps can come back and win this series, but they gotta wake up.

Very, very different Pittsburgh team than a couple years ago.

I'm starting to feel bad for Ovie. Granted he's not exactly holding up his end but to keep blowing it in the playoffs has to be crushing.

Ovechkin is more than holding up his end.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I cant believe how many missed shots the entire Caps team have taken. Credit to PIT for getting sticks and bodies in the lanes but still. Its pretty incredible.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
What's suddenly got me baffled is how I thought the Caps were stacked at all positions, when they've for some reason got Nate Schmidt, Mike Weber and Taylor Chorney (!?) rotating through their lineup. I didn't even realize Chorney was still in the league let alone seeing playoff ice time.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What's suddenly got me baffled is how I thought the Caps were stacked at all positions, when they've for some reason got Nate Schmidt, Mike Weber and Taylor Chorney (!?) rotating through their lineup. I didn't even realize Chorney was still in the league let alone seeing playoff ice time.

Schmidt is actually a pretty decent bottom pairing defensemen.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Schmidt is actually a pretty decent bottom pairing defensemen.

Carlson, Alzner, Orlov, Niskanen, Orpik (I guess he's suspended)... Schmidt? Is he their regular 6th guy? I guess I really just thought they were deeper than that. Given that Weber play in OT you'd have to assume at this point that it's hurting their chances.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Schmidt is pretty much the #5 there ahead of Orlov. When Orpik was down, Schmidt was the one who pretty much replaced him up the lineup. I really wanted to Avs to sign Schmidt years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad