GDT: The 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
By the time these playoffs are over, I might be okay with trading anyone not named MacKinnon for Drouin. Comes back after the huge hit and sets up the goal to tie it.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
It'll at least cost the 4th overall and beyond to get him. I used to think a 8-11 pick was perfectly fair.
And it might be more added to that.
And thats only if Stevie Y feels like he needs to move him now
And thats only if Drouin still wants to leave.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
By the time these playoffs are over, I might be okay with trading anyone not named MacKinnon for Drouin. Comes back after the huge hit and sets up the goal to tie it.

If it's any consolation Drouin>Mack.

It won't come to that if Drouin insist on leaving the price will never be that high. If he doesn't insist on leaving, he won't get traded.

10th+Compher should more than get it done but again it depends on what Drouin wants.

Stars up 1-0 sweet.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

It won't come to that if Drouin insist on leaving the price will never be that high. If he doesn't insist on leaving, he won't get traded.

10th+Compher should more than get it done but again it depends on what Drouin wants.

Stars up 1-0 sweet.

Would you accept something like that for Mack? It's ridiculous to think they'd accept that for Drouin.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think it's pretty obvious (since it's been discussed numerous times) that Drouin requested a trade they will NOT get full value.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

Stars up 1-0 sweet.

Before the playoffs I would have agreed with that but now, there is no way TB does that.
The only way TB trades him if a Saad/Hamilton situation happens in another year and they still need to sign Kucherov, Johnson, Hedman to monster extensions

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
So, remember a few months ago when the question was posed as to whether TB and Drouin could possibly kiss and make up?

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Looks like it. He's playing. Big Boy minutes and responsibilities. Thats ultimately what he wanted.Whatever happened between him and Coop seems to have worked itself out.
He'd be a fool to leave a team like that and come... here? lol ok.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So, remember a few months ago when the question was posed as to whether TB and Drouin could possibly kiss and make up?

They haven't yet, they just put it on hold. We'll see what happens.

Looks like it. He's playing. Big Boy minutes and responsibilities. Thats ultimately what he wanted.Whatever happened between him and Coop seems to have worked itself out.
He'd be a fool to leave a team like that and come... here? lol ok.

It's not like he's leaving the Hawks, Tampa have no pedigree.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Would you accept something like that for Mack? It's ridiculous to think they'd accept that for Drouin.

Different scenario entirely though.

If Drouin still wants out and insists that he's done in TB Tampa isn't going to get full value for him. Its as simple as that. They will move him this summer for the best offer, but it wouldn't be full value.

Whether #10 + Compher is enough I dont know, but it wouldn't be that far off I dont think. I would pay that and more for him though. Just drooling over the thought of a Top 6 that included Mack, Landy, Drouin, and Rantanen in a couple years. Possibly Duchene as well if we dont panic trade him this summer. Oh ya and that Radulov guy potentially as well.

I'd even go so far as to offer #10 and 2017 1st(Top 3 protected) for Drouin.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I agree fully with TV here. No one here would take that for Mack.

And you can say its just as likely he sticks around now.
Anything else is just wishful thinking.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
1. Burns
2. Ekholm
3. Pietrangelo

Best defenders in these playoffs IMO.

Ruff is a good coach, but the amount he's shuffling these goalers is getting to Quenneville level.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I agree fully with TV here. No one here would take that for Mack.

And you can say its just as likely he sticks around now.
Anything else is just wishful thinking.

For sure.

But the only way Tampa even trades him at all at this point is if he still wants out. And if he does still want out, Tampa wont get full value for him.

I mean, I dont think the Avs got full value for ROR last year, and he didn't even officially want out or anything. If teams know you're in a tough spot with a player like Tampa might be with Drouin, they wont give full value because they know eventually Tampa will have to accept the best offer they have.

Of course you could argue Tampa just does the same thing again this summer and chooses not to trade him despite his requests but I dont think they'd do that this summer as I'm not sure Drouin would be as willing to come back and play next year if that scenario unfolded.

Not a chance in hell Tampa moves Drouin, unless he wants out. Then it has to happen I think.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
For sure.

But the only way Tampa even trades him at all at this point is if he still wants out. And if he does still want out, Tampa wont get full value for him.

I mean, I dont think the Avs got full value for ROR last year, and he didn't even officially want out or anything. If teams know you're in a tough spot with a player like Tampa might be with Drouin, they wont give full value because they know eventually Tampa will have to accept the best offer they have.

Of course you could argue Tampa just does the same thing again this summer and chooses not to trade him despite his requests but I dont think they'd do that this summer as I'm not sure Drouin would be as willing to come back and play next year if that scenario unfolded.

Not a chance in hell Tampa moves Drouin, unless he wants out. Then it has to happen I think.

Even if he does still want out. If anything, Drouin showcasing his skills.. in the Stanley Cup Playoffs for crying out loud ..and not some meaningless AHL game just confirms what Stevie Y thinks and that the price for him is high and he owns that kid till what he's 26 or something.
If he doesnt get what he wants he has no reason to move him.
Unless a huge offer sheet comes in ...which is very possible .

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Blues making a statement tonight.
I think they are going to the finals.
Although id really like to see SJ get in. Them and PIT would be fun to watch. Very NHL 93 matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad