GDT: The 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Jamie Benn is such a boss. He was 5'3 in grade ten and then had a massive growth spurt. I guess that's one way to fly under the radar of both NHL and WHL teams and become a draft steal.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
IMO, that was exactly the type of penalty they should not be calling in OT in the playoffs. Where was Roussell supposed to go, he is just as entitled to skate to an area as the defender, plus he has to stay onside. They let the chippy injury causing crap go all game long, then call an iffy interference? Got to even up the series I guess.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Nah, it's a penalty. Rousell leans into the defender, he even looks in the direction of the blues player.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
IMO, that was exactly the type of penalty they should not be calling in OT in the playoffs. Where was Roussell supposed to go, he is just as entitled to skate to an area as the defender, plus he has to stay onside. They let the chippy injury causing crap go all game long, then call an iffy interference? Got to even up the series I guess.

Of course the league wants to even up the series. I'm not gonna deny that Roussel was terribly stupid the entire game, but even so, there were numerous non-calls on the Blues today (including in OT) that the refs conveniently swallowed their whistles on. As good as the Blues are, they still pretty much live-or-die on the PP, so I'm sure they were delighted to be gifted with two PP's in OT. Kind of funny in this league how often "character wins" coincide with calls going one team's way over anothers.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I thought that was absolutely a penalty in OT.

Sharks just keep on rolling. This might be their year.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

If the Sharks can't get to the Finals this year of all years with no Chicago, no Anaheim, and having taken care of L.A., then I'll finally buy into the myth that they really are perennial playoff chokers.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015

And I could pick out 2 or 3 obvious penalties the Blues committed in OT that weren't called. That's my issue with it. Personally, I just get tired of refs creating this contrived drama in games with their willy-nilly approach to calling penalties at key times in games. But that's the nature of the National Hokey League.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

I didn't watch the game, but penalty... in ot... in the playoffs...

Only two things can get you a penalty in ot in the playoffs, cold blooded murder, or flipping the puck into the stands.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Good job Washington........for waking up in the last ten minutes for 6 periods of hockey. Just atrocious, and you call yourselves "Cup contenders".

They could easily win this series, but some players have just utterly disappeared like Kuz, Williams, Niskanen (who's surprisingly been brutal), and even Carlson hasn't had the form he did against Flyers. I am saying that Caps can win this series is because you have an **** rookie in net. I am a big Murray fan, but no excuse for a team with this much offensive power to have 3 goals in 2 games against a freakin' rookie. Not only that, you have a cold Fleury on the bench. I see Caps currently losing this series more than Penguins winning it IMO.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
It's possibly now or never for Ovi. This is as stacked a roster as the Capitals have ever seen, and for all the letdowns he's been a part of in the past, I'd really love to see him raise the Cup before it's too late. That said, sometimes that means the best players putting the team on their back, and a decade into his career I'm still waiting for him to do that.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Drouin got effin' smoked, beautiful hit by Hickey.

It's possibly now or never for Ovi. This is as stacked a roster as the Capitals have ever seen, and for all the letdowns he's been a part of in the past, I'd really love to see him raise the Cup before it's too late. That said, sometimes that means the best players putting the team on their back, and a decade into his career I'm still waiting for him to do that.
Did you not watch the third period? He was insane.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That's a case of Drouin being a little too confident in his abilities. I don't mind the effort, but man he put himself in a bad position and he paid for it big time. Would be surprised if he returned tonight.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That's a case of Drouin being a little too confident in his abilities. I don't mind the effort, but man he put himself in a bad position and he paid for it big time. Would be surprised if he returned tonight.

Yep. Dipsy doodle like that at the blue line with his head down was a bad idea and a little too over confident.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That's why you play physical in the playoffs. All those hits on Garrison made him panic when he saw the forechecker coming at him, and he flung a pass that hit a skate and got turned over for the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad