Post-Game Talk: That was one big pile of... Devils Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Team was fine last season without Zajac. His loss is way overblown.

Absolutely disagree. Zajac is underrated with this team. Is great on faceoffs and his two way game brings a lot of things to this team. He gets shit from way too many people. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: nugg and Japam

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
10 minutes before the end of the game ... (believing that we would win) ... i was going to post something like :
For a team that is aiming at the cup, it is important to win games when playing bad.

Well ... we lost it. ;-)

But we were playing plain bad. Even Hall, who is money in the bank to install the PP in the camp, couldn't make it. we were loosing ALL (ALLmost) Face offs. All players were simply NOT in the game. Kinkaid bailed us out way too many times to believe that we were playing well.

It was a poor game ... and to tell the truth, it is some games that we are not on top of our game. Hischier (my landsman) is missing what shouldn't be missed !

It is a good team ... and i have pleasure in staying late night (1 AM) to see them. Thrilling. And at the end, most of the time ... the good guy wins ;-)

Go Devils Go

Reactions: nugg

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
There's the Tundra I know. It's been a while.

It's true though. Look at the record pre-Zajac last season. 11 wins to 6 losses. in the first 17 games. Team was tearing it up last year with Bratt and the young guys. There is this purported fantasy that this team cannot win without Zajac.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I have major concerns with this team.

I felt a no show effort this morning but didn't think it would've that gutless and shameful.

Got absolutely dominated by a division rival. Run out of the rink. Outclassed

I don't want to hear it's just one game.

Way to soft and slow and lacking in hockey smarts again today.

They need to find a way these next four days off to find a way to man up and stop the slide.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh

I felt a no show effort this morning but didn't think it would've that gutless and shameful.

They need to find a way these next four days off to find a way to man up and stop the slide.

Outclassed? Dominated? Philly looked horrible. I don’t know what you were watching. We were just worse. They looked trash we were just trashier.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

HUDSqKX.gif

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's true though. Look at the record pre-Zajac last season. 11 wins to 6 losses. in the first 17 games. Team was tearing it up last year with Bratt and the young guys. There is this purported fantasy that this team cannot win without Zajac.
Starting the season without a player is a helluva lot different than one going down in season and in game.

It sends shockwaves through the lineup that are difficultto adjust when you have a high minute player like Zajac. You essentially had two lines , the PK and PP effected by Zajac going down. Coleman had to be moved, Zacha had to be moved, wingers had to be moved. It's not anything remotely close to Zajac injured in August and missing camp and the first quarter of the season. The organization had ample time to plan for a missing Zajac last season.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I feel like this has happened several times under Hynes. The team is totally bipolar. Great or bad. No in-between.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

We didn’t play well, but we didn’t get dominated. I honestly wonder if you’re watching the same game as the rest of us.

You seem to chime in most after losses. Is there a reason why?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I feel like this has happened several times under Hynes. The team is totally bipolar. Great or bad. No in-between.

I dont think they're as bad as the last 2 games, and I dont think they're as good as the first 4 games.

The Devils were living well & should have lost to San Jose, and frankly that Dallas game was much closer than the 3-0 score would indicate.

Reactions: Aethon

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
We didn’t play well, but we didn’t get dominated. I honestly wonder if you’re watching the same game as the rest of us.

You seem to chime in most after losses. Is there a reason why?

I chime in after every game.
Do you?

They played like trash today, I won't sugar coat it.

I'm sure Hynes won't either in that locker room.

On to Nashville Next Week

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Huh?

Hall has 8 points in 6 games, and is pacing for a 109 point season. On what universe is that a "slow" start?

My guess is that outside of the SJ game, none of his points came at times that seemed to have much of an effect on the outcome.

Hasn't had as much of an impact as usual.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I will say, tons of Devils fans there today. There were a few times an audible “Lets go Devils” chant came over the crowd. Followed by boo’s of course, but it was there.

Xfinity Live was very high percentage Devils fans before the game.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I dont think they're as bad as the last 2 games, and I dont think they're as good as the first 4 games.

The Devils were living well & should have lost to San Jose, and frankly that Dallas game was much closer than the 3-0 score would indicate.

I don't disagree. But there is no doubt they looked wayyyy better in those first four games than the last two.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
dont forget the refs get a gold star today

horrible game by the officials watched a devil take a crosscheck to the back of the head in the crease...... no call.

devil gets his stick close to a flyer..... u must sit

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Ah, I see the whiners are back making their rounds.

Welcome, guys. The grapes are on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad