Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Zacha is a joke

4 games in everyone looked really good.

6 games in and everyone looks terrible. It's not one player. Hall and Hischier have arguably been the least impactful players to this point. Nico in particular looked mediocre through the preseason and has carried it straight into the regular season.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Hall has been kind of trash. If you're holding him to the standard he's publicly set for himself, he is not even close to being on the level of engagement of last year.

Losing most 50/50 battles and doesn't seem to be in sync crossing each blue line.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
we almost had a point. something tells me if we had got to ot the take would be different.

we iced rooney and stafford ffs..... and santini only played 2 mins.

CHILL

the faceoffs were horrible tho

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The boys in Binghamton must know that there are opportunities right now.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
6 games in and we are without Zajac, Bratt, Lovejoy and Santini. And I thought the right side of thr D wasn't a problem.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I feel like we always suck in afternoon games in Philly. 2 bad games in a row and losing points late in both sucks. Hope they can right the ship on Thursday.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I don't want to see Zajac on the 2nd line. Zajac is literally the perfect 3C, and it has been working for him the this year and last. I see no reason to change that up. Zacha's style fits the role so much better, even if he hasn't been putting in the points yet

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'd buy that argument more if Kevin Freaking Rooney and a washed up Drew Stafford weren't his replacements. They've tried to make Rooney a thing since camp and he was even worse than Quenneville, at least Quenneville was only invisi-bad. Rooney was actually bad and Stafford wasn't any better than JQ.

I don't necessarily disagree, but if you're trying to send the message to Quenneville that he needs to be more consistent to get ice time, I'm not sure giving him even more ice time/responsibilities while he's not providing that consistency is the best idea either.

I wouldn't be shocked if Quenneville is gone from the organization by next year. And quite frankly, I can't blame management if he is. At some point it becomes the player's responsibility to earn ice time.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Team needs a top 9 center even with Zajac healthy. So when him or Nico get hurt, they are completely f'd. Don't know what many of you expect?

Too many eggs in the Zacha basket heading into this season just because they got away with it last year. Pretty crazy a guy with "a great shot" has 9 ES goals in 146 NHL games.

It was scary hearing Shero echo the ridiculous Couturier comparison I've argued against with most of this board for a while now. Couts had 30 ES goals in his first three seasons while successfully playing a shutdown role and receiving Selke votes....

Anyway, the Devs desperately need Zacha to be a 20/20 guy this season so his line can take some heat off Nico's. Like it or not, the Devs aren't going to surprise anyone this year. So let's hope Zacha can turn it around. He had a nice shot off the right wing today at least. But aside from the opener (I think) and his solid PK play, he hasn't been good enough.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lots of Zacha bitching but he was one of the better guys on the ice in a shit game.

They didn’t show up again. Coaching seems to agree.

But whatever it’s a roster problem.

Reactions: oxman44

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Make a team skate a lot with 5 D men that just played over 21+ minutes and one over 29?

I don't know. I think the staff needs to go back to the drawing board and find cohesive lines and build chemistry.

Wow, Aethon for coach!

Make sur to give him Dea also

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Depending on how long Zajac is out, I’d like to see McLeod. I know he’s not playing well... but I want speed and skill. Not more bottom six non-productive guys.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Santini getting hurt early and all those damn penalties really hurt us today. I'm more annoyed they just didn't shoot the puck more cause Elliot is absolute trash and we should have been firing as much as possible at him.

Ice seemed terrible too, puck was bouncing all over.

I'd love to know what our overall record is for 1pm games. Feels like we lose the vast majority of these games.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
This line up was 100% on the coaching staff.

They can run their excuses about the devils not showing up, but they made the worse decisions possible.

It also didn't help that we were down to 5 dmen 5 minutes into the game.

Reactions: nugg

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Yeah Zacha had a fine game and if he had scored on some of those Washington chances people wouldn't be giving him as much crap today. He got put with Hall and that line wasn't awful.

Reactions: R8NJ and Aethon

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Zacha is going to become another Josefson isn’t he? A guy that keeps looking like he’s ABOUT to break through but never does. Yes I know Zacha is better than Jojo but it’s an interesting pattern.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You can't point to a single player here. Zajac is incredibly important, but the team looked like trash against Colorado even before Zajac got injured. These two games weren't because they missed Zajac. The whole team just straight up didn't show up. The flyers looked like total **** and we managed to look even *******.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Zacha is going to become another Josefson isn’t he? A guy that keeps looking like he’s ABOUT to break through but never does. Yes I know Zacha is better than Jojo but it’s an interesting pattern.
I wouldn't draw comparisons...Josefson got tons of opportunities with top line players. He was centering Kovalchuk early in his career. He was small and injury prone.

Zacha has been probably played more with Josefson than he has with anyone else...I don't know that to be true but the point is that Zacha has been used as 3rd line center most of his time in the NHL.
It's not really a reasonable comparison
Josefson scored 64 points in 315 games. Zacha has 51 in 146.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
You can't point to a single player here. Zajac is incredibly important, but the team looked like trash against Colorado even before Zajac got injured. These two games weren't because they missed Zajac. The whole team just straight up didn't show up. The flyers looked like total **** and we managed to look even *******.

Team was fine last season without Zajac. His loss is way overblown.

Reactions: MauDevils
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->