Post-Game Talk: That was one big pile of... Devils Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Lmao, what the hell happened? Went surfing with about 7 minutes left in the third tied at 2-2. Three goals in the last few minutes, yikes.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Lmao, what the hell happened? Went surfing with about 7 minutes left in the third tied at 2-2. Three goals in the last few minutes, yikes.

Well, two of them were empty netters. The winning goal was kind of a general clusterf***, which is probably a good description of both teams today. Our clusterf*** was just a little worse than theirs.

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Well, two of them were empty netters. The winning goal was kind of a general cluster****, which is probably a good description of both teams today. Our cluster**** was just a little worse than theirs.

Ahh ok thanks, two empty netters.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't disagree. But there is no doubt they looked wayyyy better in those first four games than the last two.

They didn’t look ready to play the past two games. In game injuries definitely compounded the problem as it’s never easy to play down a man, but they weren’t ready.

Also another game they took way too many penalties.

also no Zajac isn’t a good enough excuse to be as bad in the dot as they were today.

We weren’t dominated though. That is just a stupid statement. Philly also played like ass. This was a game no one deserved to win.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
On a nice October afternoon, absolutely yes, couldn't sit in the house any longer watching a crappy played game by both teams while scrolling through people pissing and moaning lol.

Hah I went outside to the park and watched on my phone...but I angrily turned it off at 3-2 which is telling enough since 99% of the time I'm not turning a one-goal game off with five minutes left. But this game just had the feeling that once we blew it late we weren't getting it back, with all the other crap the team put on the ice this afternoon.

Reactions: JK3

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Huh?

Hall has 8 points in 6 games, and is pacing for a 109 point season. On what universe is that a "slow" start?

No I agree, but people are saying things like he needs to step up and what-not. He's playing well, but he doesn't really turn on the MVPJets until like 15-20 games into any season I've watched him play.

He's the least of my concerns is what I'm saying.

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Hah I went outside to the park and watched on my phone...but I angrily turned it off at 3-2 which is telling enough since 99% of the time I'm not turning a one-goal game off with five minutes left. But this game just had the feeling that once we blew it late we weren't getting it back, with all the other crap the team put on the ice this afternoon.

I never bail on games but I just can't stand all these early afternoon ones and sitting inside while I can be doing something on the weekend.

Reactions: tr83

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
No I agree, but people are saying things like he needs to step up and what-not. He's playing well, but he doesn't really turn on the MVPJets until like 15-20 games into any season I've watched him play.

He's the least of my concerns is what I'm saying.

Hall has 1 ES goal and 1 ES assist in 6 games. Hall plays more ES time on average than 2 of our 6 regular defensemen. Damon Severson has twice as many ES points as Hall does (I mention this for BG to digest)

He has 6 PP assist 4 of which are secondary.

He is not contributing anywhere near where he should be in my opinion.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Hall has 1 ES goal and 1 ES assist in 6 games. Hall plays more ES time on average than 2 of our 6 regular defensemen. Damon Severson has twices as many ES points as Hall does (I mention this for BG to digest)

He has 6 PP assist 4 of which are secondary.

He is not contributing anywhere near where he should be in my opinion.

After six games that is somewhat surprising but the PP production counts the same as the even strength points so it could just be a small sample size thing. Hopefully Hall and Nico work our the bugs and start clicking at even strength.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Hall has more points through the first 6 games this year than he did through the first 6 games last year. He'll be fine.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This game was like watching the 2015-2016 Devils play the 2016-2017 Devils.

And with shit heads like Rooney and Stafford in the lineup, it really brought back memories of the days of Sergey Kalinin and whatever other random scrub forward we had in those years.

Kinkaid should have had the first goal.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I swear, the first person who blames Severson on that first goal today, I'm going to explode on.

That was the worst goal Kinkaid has allowed this season and really on the second stoppable goal, but he saw that all the way and he beat him short side to the glove. If he was screened on that goal by Severson then that's his own fault.

I'm not gonna kill him over that goal, but knowing this place, there's someone that's gonna critique Severson on that goal. Probably someone that doesn't place much premium on goaltending.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I am starting to regret the Sammy V trade. Henrique wasn’t the best fit for the team due to age and overall speed but he was a great secondary scorer. Vatanen is just been average. I feel like he is good for a few gaffs a game and his offensive output isn’t enough to make up for it.

Zajac has evolved from post Parise/Kovy contract burden to second most important player on the team behind Hall. Zacha being so inept has magnified his value.

Why does management go super conservative with their call ups? Bringing up Rooney is the completely opposite approach from the team philosophy. “Lets minimize goals scored and maybe the pp and top line gets us the win".

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I am starting to regret the Sammy V trade. Henrique wasn’t the best fit for the team due to age and overall speed but he was a great secondary scorer. Vatanen is just been average. I feel like he is good for a few gaffs a game and his offensive output isn’t enough to make up for it.

Zajac has evolved from post Parise/Kovy contract burden to second most important player on the team behind Hall. Zacha being so inept has magnified his value.

Why does management go super conservative with their call ups? Bringing up Rooney is the completely opposite approach from the team philosophy. “Lets minimize goals scored and maybe the pp and top line gets us the win".
If we didn't trade for Vatanen, Andy Greene would still be our #1 defenseman and he would have been the one playing 29 minutes today. And Santini would have kept getting trapped in the D-zone and murdered out there.

Henrique didn't wind up up getting as bad of a contract as I thought he would get, but Vatanen was more of a need for this team.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->