Former Bruins Thank You, David Krejci: Returning To Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
no. He was free and as you can see decided to sign elsewhere during the nhl season.

So, there needs to be rules for that. Protects teams from sand bagging by storing players and at the same time keeps some guy on the nhl roster who was legitimately there.
Its collective bargaining. Therefore both entities agree to to it.

I know its a rule, but it doesn't mean I have to like it or I agree with it and the players dropped the ball when they agreed to this, IMO. It actually punishes a player ( and his family ) to have the right to play where he's chooses and earned in the NHL.

A player who has represented the league admirably for years and has more than earned his Unrestricted FA status. He deserves the right to play where he wants once he honors his one year obligation with a his new team/league and that season has officially concluded, he should be eligible to play in the league that he has represented exquisitely for years as a Bruin and sign wherever he chooses IMO.

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I know its a rule, but it doesn't mean I have to like it or I agree with it and the players dropped the ball when they agreed to this, IMO. It actually punishes a player ( and his family ) to have the right to play where he's chooses and earned in the NHL.

A player who has represented the league admirably for years and has more than earned his Unrestricted FA status. He deserves the right to play where he wants once he honors his one year obligation with a his new team/league and that season has officially concluded, he should be eligible to play in the league that he has represented exquisitely for years as a Bruin and sign wherever he chooses IMO.

No, it prevents teams from doing the actual cap circumventing that many people incorrectly accused Tampa of doing with Kucherov.

Without this rule, a team could stash multiple stars in foreign leagues all year so that they play a professional season but dont count against the cap then just bring em all home for the playoffs.

Krejci only has to go through waivers if he plays for another league. If he sits at home, he stays a Bruin.

Don Keedic

Apr 16, 2021
Has anyone seen the exchange rate over there? 1 US dollar is something like 22 Czech Koruna. Krejci gonna be big time ballin at home!

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
Looks like the Czech Extraliga playoffs end at the end of April. That pretty much rules out Krejci returning for the NHL playoffs since NHL rosters have to be finalized before the end of the regular season (early April). I guess the only way would be if his team doesn’t make the playoffs (or maybe if they lose in round 1).

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I think people are reading too much into the last line about seeing you at the Garden soon. It's really a throw away line if you ask me

He lived in Boston for 16 years. It's the only home his Bostonian kids know. Of course, he'll be back in TD Garden soon, the question is will it be on ice...

Imho they'll be back in Boston in a year. They can have extended vacation, get to know grandparents, travel across Europe a bit and get back.

When they asked Davids father on Czech TV where David and his family are going to live after he retires, he said it will be Boston. I mean it's not surprising after almost two decades, American wife and kids. This interview is less than a year old.

The alternative would be, not teaching children any Czech whatsoever so they can suffer properly after the move :D.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Some hope?

If, IF he decided to return, he's gotta go through waivers. You don't think any other teams would be kicking their chops to get him? Of course. Now Krejci could say, "I only want to play for Boston". But I don't think we should start thinking about him coming back at the moment. He's gone. Right now we need to treat it as such.

Reactions: BMC

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
If, IF he decided to return, he's gotta go through waivers. You don't think any other teams would be kicking their chops to get him? Of course. Now Krejci could say, "I only want to play for Boston". But I don't think we should start thinking about him coming back at the moment. He's gone. Right now we need to treat it as such.
I don’t expect him to be back but I found this interesting. Would be awesome if it happened.

esmith3283

Feb 14, 2010
Im

I'm going to just assume he's coming back thank you very much

Reactions: trenton1

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
In theory could Boston swing a deal with a bottom of the standings team to claim him and trade him to Boston for a pick?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
In theory could Boston swing a deal with a bottom of the standings team to claim him and trade him to Boston for a pick?

My understanding of it is when a player is placed on waivers, every team can put a claim in. The team highest in the claim order gets him. If they want to trade him, the other teams that originally put a claim in on him would get first dibs. If they all pass, then they can be traded.

Reactions: Over the volcano

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Hope he comes back. But it’s his decision and nobody else. I’m not sure Coyle is or could handle the 2C spot. But if that’s how it goes bring it on.

I think the team is done dealing. Of course they will be rumors and they are fun but when all is said and done this is what we have.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
sounds like panic to me, an entire year without a 2C can get ugly, but that what we need for that lotto pick
I'm as big a fan of Krejci as anyone here, but this team is far from a lotto team. They're much better than that, even without him.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Hope he comes back. But it’s his decision and nobody else. I’m not sure Coyle is or could handle the 2C spot. But if that’s how it goes bring it on.

I think the team is done dealing. Of course they will be rumors and they are fun but when all is said and done this is what we have.
The thought of Coyle as a 2nd line center on an NHL team made me throw up in my mouth. He’s so f***ing slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad