Former Bruins Thank You, David Krejci: Returning To Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Nice tribute dafoomie just posted. Brings back lots of good memories.

Lethal hands & vision. Virtually unstoppable when shooting from the left circle. He would hold that puck seemingly forever before dishing it to the now wide open man. Always elevated his game when it mattered the most. My only complaint about him is he never shot the puck enough even though he had a very accurate shot.

:( :cry:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
You don't think any other teams would be kicking their chops to get him?

That would hurt !!!!!!

VgB3Mem.gif

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Looks like December 15 is the date for those who want to hold on hope …
https://cdn.nhlpa.com/img/assets/file/NHLPA_NHL_MOU.pdf
CBA §13.23 amended such that it shall continue to apply to another Club’s RFA but it shall not apply to UFAs who play for a club outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season through and including December 15.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Looks like December 15 is the date for those who want to hold on hope …
https://cdn.nhlpa.com/img/assets/file/NHLPA_NHL_MOU.pdf

So it looks like the Bruins could still work out a deal with him or any NHL team could for that matter up until the 15th of December, without him having to pass through wavers.

Sunday NHL Rumor Roundup – August 8, 2021 | Spectors Hockey

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Sweeney hinted David Krejci could return to the Bruins later this season. However, he’d have to sign before Dec. 15 to avoid passing through waivers. After that, he’d had to sign before the trade deadline but there’s no guarantee he won’t get snapped up by a rival club on the waive wire.

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
This reminded me of how truly incredibly elite Krejci is, AND how talented Debrusk is. Debrusk can rebound... not to take this thread off topic.

It's surprising NESN or the NHL hasn't hired Dafoomie yet. His videos are better than anything they create.

Maybe that's why they haven't hired him, he shows them up every time he posts one of his videos.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So it looks like the Bruins could still work out a deal with him or any NHL team could for that matter up until the 15th of December, without him having to pass through wavers.

Sunday NHL Rumor Roundup – August 8, 2021 | Spectors Hockey

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Sweeney hinted David Krejci could return to the Bruins later this season. However, he’d have to sign before Dec. 15 to avoid passing through waivers. After that, he’d had to sign before the trade deadline but there’s no guarantee he won’t get snapped up by a rival club on the waive wire.
I dunno, simply can`t see DK coming back, he`s stated for a while now that he wanted to play in front of family and friends back home, he`s won a Cup, made good money and I don`t get the sense he`s one of those guys who will simply hang on and play forever, I envision him being a guy that the moment his skills depreciate, he hangs em` up

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
so regarding the waiver thing...if he did come back, I assume the way it works is this:
  1. The Bruins sign him to a contract for X dollars
  2. he must go through the waiver wire in order to report to Boston
  3. If a team claims him they are on the hook for the contract he signed with the Bruins, which means any team that claims him must have the cap space.
  4. If he is claimed by another team he could threaten to retire, meaning a team would on the hook for his full cap hit even if he never plays a game for them.
I'm just trying to figure out if the Bruins could manipulate things such that they create enough disincentive for other teams to claim him. Maybe if they do bring him back late in the season, they sign him to a 2 year deal (this & next), with bonuses in the 2nd year. This would let them leverage the 35+ rule (NHL CBA FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps). Basically in that situation other teams would be less likely to take on the contract knowing he could retire before next season and leave them on the hook for his full cap hit. In that case how many teams would really take on dead cap just to screw the Bruins out of claiming him this year?

This all seems pretty far-fetched. I think the most likely thing is Krejci finishes his career in Czech and the Bruins make a move to replace him long before the trade deadline. But if both sides did want him to come back late in the NHL season, I'm just trying to figure out how much of an obstacle the waiver rule really is.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
The Czech season starts on September 9, if he left on Dec 15 that's almost 4 months on top of the offseason.

If he wanted to stay their whole season and come back, they could sign him before Dec 15 to a two way contract with a very high NHL cap hit and assign him to his European team. He'll have to clear waivers at that point, but a team would need space for the full hit to claim him, while the Bruins would only need space for his pro-rated salary to recall him later and he wouldn't need waivers then.

Not likely but they have options.

SyZyGY

Jun 13, 2021
Sign Krejci at the TDL to a 1.5M deal with a 4M bonus if he doesn't play any games.. I think he would clear waivers that way. But yeah, league would probably reject the contract. Imo, IF the Bruins found a loophole in the rules to bring him back this season, i'm pretty sure it would be with some sort of bonus manipulation. Can't think of anything else.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’d just try to pass him through waivers and if anybody wanted to play spoiler I would figure out a way to offersheet their next big RFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad