GDT: Temporary GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Oilers fan coming in peace. Your bottom 6 is brutal, I feel for you guys. But somehow I still think we have the worse 4th line.

Should be a good game. If the Oilers play how they did in their first game and Dubnyk doesn't give up three absolutely brutal goals, I think we take this one. For Vancouver to win this game Luongo is going to have to stand on his head, because our new system allows for our skilled players to SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT. We'll be one of the highest shooting teams in the league for sure.

Good luck tonight guys, and I think I might have to watch this one muted. Hrudey is the worst commentator I've ever heard, followed by Lee.

Translation...

Oilers fan coming to brag. Your bottom 6 is brutal, I feel great joy about this. You guys "might" have a better 4th line than us but the rest of the team it is Oil all the way.

Should be a good game for us. We were amazing against the Jets and if not for Dubnyk giving up 3 bad goals we would have dominated! If my team plays to potential you guys have no chance. Only chance you have is if Luongo plays all world. Otherwise you will be shredded by our A+mazing new offense. We have so much skill that all we have to do is guide the puck towards the net and it goes in. The 80's Oilers have nothin' on this new team/system.

You guys gonna need to be lucky tonite. I doubt I will be able to listen though. So much awesomeness about my team that one can only watch them or listen. Cannot do both do to sensory overload.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Did you happen to watch the game? Our entire defensive scheme is different which allowed for a quick transition up the ice and we play EXTREMELY aggressive now, where as before Krueger had a very passive system.

You're right, we lost. We also outshot them terribly and Dubnyk let in 3 awful goals. Our team game is significantly improved, there's nothing you can do about a goalie playing poorly. And I doubt he's going to let in 3 terrible goals a night.
I saw a team that still gives up odd man chances and relies heavily on a few guys like Hall, Eberle and Hemsky (still).

The fact is that Krueger's passive system is what helped Dubnyk play better last season and is the reason why the Oilers were still looking for a goalie in the summer.

It's ridiculous to state that your team game has improved or gotten worse after watching a single regular season game.

Just as it's ridiculous to think that guys like Joensu and the majority of those bottom line plugs (much like the Canucks') are going to be regular contributors.

I dont think we watched the same game if you can walk away with Optimism after the Oilers lost to a non playoff team and crumbled in the process.

Trouba was all world.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Translation...

Oilers fan coming to brag. Your bottom 6 is brutal, I feel great joy about this. You guys "might" have a better 4th line than us but the rest of the team it is Oil all the way.

Should be a good game for us. We were amazing against the Jets and if not for Dubnyk giving up 3 bad goals we would have dominated! If my team plays to potential you guys have no chance. Only chance you have is if Luongo plays all world. Otherwise you will be shredded by our A+mazing new offense. We have so much skill that all we have to do is guide the puck towards the net and it goes in. The 80's Oilers have nothin' on this new team/system.

You guys gonna need to be lucky tonite. I doubt I will be able to listen though. So much awesomeness about my team that one can only watch them or listen. Cannot do both do to sensory overload.

Relax. Why do some Canucks fans here have such a problem with Oilers fans being confident in their team? I know it was popular to make fun of the Oilers when they were crap, but their team is getting good. Get used to it.

Betamax*

Booth had a couple of shifts with the Twins against SJ. IMO, he'll get that assignment tonight.

If I had to guess at lines...

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Booth
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Weise - Santorelli - Richardson
Sestito - Dalpe - Weber

Yurgh.

I hope we see that.This potential move to promote Booth to the 1st line can only increase the chances of bearing witness to #beastmode!!!

:handclap:

Tanevian*

Relax. Why do some Canucks fans here have such a problem with Oilers fans being confident in their team? I know it was popular to make fun of the Oilers when they were crap, but their team is getting good. Get used to it.

I'd say it's the "coming in peace" garbage.

"Hi man, coming in peace. Holy crap is your wife ugly. Mine is too but wow is yours awful. No offence. Good luck tonight."

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
There's a difference between 'getting good' and 'good.' The Oilers haven't made the playoffs since 2006.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

The Oilers getting good is like San Jose being cup favorites. We've heard it aplenty. Still waiting to actually see it though. ;)

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards

Why don't you see what happens when you go into the Oilers boards and claim the Canucks will win?

Only losers "get used to it", especially when the Oilers fans could be in their own or the main boards.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Most of you are in agreement that your lineup looks terrible tonight, I was just agreeing. I do come in peace, I don't want to argue with anyone. I love games against the Canucks and am excited for tonight, that's it. I obviously want the Oilers to win but I hope the game is exciting, and they usually are between these two teams.

Wetcoaster

We're missing our top two centres but our lineup is still surprisingly talented.

Smyth-Hall-Hemsky (played decent last game)
Perron-Arcobello-Eberle (constantly created chances last game)
Joensuu-Gordon-Yakupov (amazing, our best line last game by far)
Gazdic-Acton-Brown (played their role perfectly)

That Joensuu guy has been an absolute steal for us. He dominated in the preseason and was our best forward bar-none in the first game of the season. I think you guys will be very surprised by that line tonight.
And unsurprisingly the Oilers will again finish out the play-offs with poor D and suspect goaltending (goatlending??).

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Lines maybe should be:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Booth-Kesler-Higgins
Richardson-Santorelli-Weise
Sestito-Dalpe-Weber

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006

This is the Vancouver Canucks forum.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Most of you are in agreement that your lineup looks terrible tonight, I was just agreeing. I do come in peace, I don't want to argue with anyone. I love games against the Canucks and am excited for tonight, that's it. I obviously want the Oilers to win but I hope the game is exciting, and they usually are between these two teams.

As does yours :cheers:

Wetcoaster

???

Yet to make the play-offs and have just barely made it out of the basement.

Florid delusions are not pretty.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
I would rather see this...

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen
Higgins - Kesler - Booth
Richardson - Santorelli - Weise
Sestito - Dalpe - Weber

Atleast we know the top two lines have had some kind of success in the past. That bottom 6 is horrible though.

Yeah that is the best line up we could put out there right now. Hope they go with that.

Though I am having a hard time taking the Canucks seriously this season considering how laughable our depth is. At least it makes it easier to temper expectations.

LolClarkson*

I will tell you that your D core is not going to cut it. There isn't a chance in hell. J. Scultz might as well play forward he is so bad in his own end.

Our top 4 took discount contracts and they all still make a million or so more then Ference. That means the market values any one of our top 4 by more then a million dollars more then your top D man.

If we play anything close to what we did against the Sharks, the Oilers don't have a hope in hell.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
as an oiler fan I have some great news for some of you guys and oiler fans as well

If the first week is any indication-- maple leafs will be quickly the most hated fans around this joint. 2 games in and it is silly season already.

For anyone who hit the panic button after one game. For me the first ten games are just the warm up for the season. While the loses hurt and pts won and loss can be dangerous. The first ten games often mean very little in the long run

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
???

Yet to make the play-offs and have just barely made it out of the basement.

Florid delusions are not pretty.

My opinion is they're a team on the rise. They've been painfully slow at getting better, but they are getting better.

Again, who really cares though? It's like the lot of you can't live with yourselves if an Oilers fan dares be confident and candid about their team's chances against the mighty Canucks. It's funny, really. :laugh:

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008

I'd say it's the "coming in peace" garbage.

"Hi man, coming in peace. Holy crap is your wife ugly. Mine is too but wow is yours awful. No offence. Good luck tonight."

Exactly this. Kind of like saying "I don't mean to insult you but..." then proceed to do nothing but insult. It is like a free licence to say as you please and no one can respond.

My "translation" was tongue in cheek though and if I relax any more than I am I'll be unconscious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad