Recalled/Assigned: Teddy Blueger Blue, You're My Goat, 2nd Fiddle To Nobody! thread

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Then who sits? That is the question. Post your prediction.

I’ve heard ZAR is a ways off so we shall see.

However, what exactly does ZAR do better than TB? Certainly not PK... definitely not better in his own end.

And while it hasn’t been seen much yet, TB is a way better playmaker. It’s almost comical the difference.

TB is even playing his usual fiesty game, so I’m not sure what the hell ZAR does better except mimic how one would skate in quicksand.

And this isn’t new toy syndrome because I’ve been saying this for over a year about these two.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA

However, what exactly does ZAR do better than TB? Certainly not PK... definitely not better in his own end.

And while it hasn’t been seen much yet, TB is a way better playmaker. It’s almost comical the difference.

TB is even playing his usual fiesty game, so I’m not sure what the hell ZAR does better except mimic how one would skate in quicksand.

And this isn’t new toy syndrome because I’ve been saying this for over a year about these two.
What’s a ballpark on ZAR’s return time?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Yeah I actually like ZAR well enough, but Bleuger has looked clearly better so far. The only thing ZAR has on him is size, and he really doesn't even use it. Even if they are perfectly even otherwise, how don't you stick with the guy who can play center if you're looking for that 12th forward?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I don’t think many of us are arguing that ZAR is a better player, just from the org’s viewpoint.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

So do you get a chance to watch WBS games? I only have the exposure of these 3 games so far and of course I like what I have seen and that is why I asked the question who sits when everyone is healthy. I was deciding between Simon, Aston-Reese, and Blueger. I guess it is a good problem to have.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don’t think many of us are arguing that ZAR is a better player, just from the org’s viewpoint.

I think this may not be as clear cut as that, or at least won't be soon. I know they like ZAR a lot, but Blueger's doing an awful lot of things right and we've heard there's some org guys who really like Bloogs too.

I know he hasn’t had an opportunity to show it yet, but he’s a really slick playmaker and that would benefit a guy like say... Malkin.

I feel insane agreeing with playing a guy with 3 NHL games with Malkin, but right now he's the guy who looks most like what I want on Geno's wing.

We don’t need any retention to it him in. I think they would do that deal if we had a 2020 2nd :laugh:. Should the Pens? Hate rentals so it all depends on what you think of Simon for his future. Is he a future productive top 9 or is he not and a good move for a rental?

Simon is totally a potentially future productive top 9 and is probably going to be our best points for dollar player next season. The thought of moving him for a rental makes me cringe.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
What’s a ballpark on ZAR’s return time?

Honestly no clue, just what I heard so we shall see. Obviously I’m hoping that’s another month or more.

I’m hoping TB gets enough time before ZAR sloths back onto the ice to wise them up.

So do you get a chance to watch WBS games? I only have the exposure of these 3 games so far and of course I like what I have seen and that is why I asked the question who sits when everyone is healthy. I was deciding between Simon, Aston-Reese, and Blueger. I guess it is a good problem to have.

I’ve been pretty consistent over the last few years that Simon and TB were my two favorite prospects after Guentzel, even though I felt Sprong had more potential than those two. I just loved their games and almost detest ZAR, so I’m sure you can figure out my answer.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I was not a fan of Simon.

But he quietly has produced enough. So. Hmm.

I instantly like Blueger, though. And I hope he produces more loudly so that JR can get the pending RFA situation done.

Reactions: Son Goku

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I was not a fan of Simon.

But he quietly has produced enough. So. Hmm.

I instantly like Blueger, though. And I hope he produces more loudly so that JR can get the pending RFA situation done.

I'd broadly agree. Simon didn't show the same ability to drive the game himself that Bloogs has. He clearly had something, but he wasn't the same 200 ft player. Bloogs reminds me of Rust in that respect.

Simon didn't have that shot either.

I can't shake the belief that Bloogs is going to get a top 6 wing opportunity before the end of this season. Which feels ridiculous but there we go.

Reactions: EightyOne

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Well that last minute turnover wasn't pretty. Will that be in consideration who'll be scratched in next game? Hmmm

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Just trying to get my bearings after the big move.

Crosby, Malkin, Bjustad and Cullen down the middle.

Guentzel, Pearson, McCann on LW
Kessel, Hornqvist as RW
Rust, Simon, Blueger, ZAR ... Big gap... Wilson as swing wingers.

1. Who sits
2. Is a guy moved to address a D upgrade.
3. Do we sit tight so we can move Blueger/McCann back to C next year.
4. If someone is moved..who?
Pretty much the breakdown as I see it too.

1. I think you have them in order as to who plays. Rut and Simon will fill out the top 9. Fourth line is going to be McCann, Cullen, and Blueger or ZAR depending on the day. We've already seen that ZAR is the preferred player over Wilson, so he's 14F at this point.
2. Pearson, Rust, and Simon are the obvious options who are not defensemen. I just hope it isn't Rust, but I have to feel like he's safe unless a stud defenseman is offered to JR
3. Yup. I doubt Cullen will be back so one of those two slots in there.
4. I'd go with no one at this point. I still think the best move is a defenseman for defenseman swap, likely with us adding picks (since we don't really have prospects to trade. Other than Blueger...)

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
I like Simon but more of a role player way... Like the new Kuhn.

Blue has a really high IQ and I think that will have him mix better with a star. I think he would be great for Malkins line or LW for a great 3rd line with McCann and Kessel.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
You sure about that?

Why has it been so hard to find him wingers over his career then?

I dont know, it just seems that when you put 4th liners like Rust on a line with Sid they start producing on level above their paygrade. Maybe it just feels like that.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I dont know, it just seems that when you put 4th liners like Rust on a line with Sid they start producing on level above their paygrade. Maybe it just feels like that.

Rust is a top six tweener. He hasn’t really been a fourth liner since his first season.

However, he has never meshed with Crosby until this season. It was always oil and water.

Only three guys have ever really stuck with Crosby long term over his career: Kunitz, Dupuis and Guentzel.

The former two more or less stuck because of a combination of speed, understanding Crosby’s game, and friendship. Guentzel is the only skilled guy to ever stick with Crosby and actually help make him better.

Reactions: Icarium

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Guentzel is the only “skill” guy the Pens ever put with him. Hossa, Bergeron, Marchand, Eberle, Hall, Carter all played with him with good results.

Reactions: Peat

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So this doesn’t get off track, yes, I believe TB would do well with Crosby.

Been saying for awhile his skill, especially his playmaking, would be a very good compliment to either Crosby or Malkin.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad