Recalled/Assigned: Teddy Blueger Blue, You're My Goat, 2nd Fiddle To Nobody! thread

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Out of everyone we have, he'd be my choice to try with Geno when he gets back.

Agree with that and also hoping Bjorkvist can be a Blueger type when hes ready to play on one of those lines. If theyre not gonna put Hornqvist back with Sid/Jake. I mention Bjorkvist because Hallander/Bellerive are further away.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I love how many of us wanted Blue to get called up and actually played and instead they sat him in a press box, some of those idiots will claim that's why he's deserving now (no, why he is, is because the guy works harder or as hard as Crosby at the f***ing game and has some decent talent to go with it). Nah, kid is just a good player that deserved a shot and is showing why he's f***ing worthy of it.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I love how many of us wanted Blue to get called up and actually played and instead they sat him in a press box, some of those idiots will claim that's why he's deserving now (no, why he is, is because the guy works harder or as hard as Crosby at the ****ing game and has some decent talent to go with it). Nah, kid is just a good player that deserved a shot and is showing why he's ****ing worthy of it.

I wouldn’t say going back to the A hurt him..?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
No players has ever been hurt by playing in the minors more.
Unless you f*** up their eligibility and ruin their chances of developing them there, then it's pages upon pages of bitching about something stupid.

In any case, the case of Blue is that he earned a call up last year, he didn't deserve the shit treatment he got sitting in the press box, but this year he should have been called up sooner but he's up and I hope he sticks.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Unless you **** up their eligibility and ruin their chances of developing them there, then it's pages upon pages of *****ing about something stupid.

In any case, the case of Blue is that he earned a call up last year, he didn't deserve the **** treatment he got sitting in the press box, but this year he should have been called up sooner but he's up and I hope he sticks.

Our team develops plays very well and Teddy has developed within the org. Criticizing them for what has been a home run in Teddy is pretty dumb.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Our team develops plays very well and Teddy has developed within the org. Criticizing them for what has been a home run in Teddy is pretty dumb.
XrBPRW4.gif

This team can do no wrong in your eyes, huh?

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Unless you **** up their eligibility and ruin their chances of developing them there, then it's pages upon pages of *****ing about something stupid.

In any case, the case of Blue is that he earned a call up last year, he didn't deserve the **** treatment he got sitting in the press box, but this year he should have been called up sooner but he's up and I hope he sticks.
I have seen nothing in his game to complain about. in fact I wouldn't mind seeing him tried higher up in the lineup.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
XrBPRW4.gif

This team can do no wrong in your eyes, huh?

Ask @ColePens about that..

He thought I whined a ton about JR after the back to back cups. To the point I wasn’t appreciating them.

Teddy has developed in our system. You’re basically saying we have no idea what we are doing with a prospect we developed it is just weird.

You’re a huge critic of the Oils, but you’re criticisms of our system basically beg of them to treat their prospects like the Oil do.

Reactions: ronduguayshair

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ask @ColePens about that..

He thought I whined a ton about JR after the back to back cups. To the point I wasn’t appreciating them.

Teddy has developed in our system. You’re basically saying we have no idea what we are doing with a prospect we developed it is just weird.

You’re a huge critic of the Oils, but you’re criticisms of our system basically beg of them to treat their prospects like the Oil do.
You mean it's irrational I got angry that they called him up last year only to sit him in the press box and then constantly called up Wilson over him this season until they had no choice but to finally call him up because it started to look beyond moronic that they kept passing him up for call-ups?

Why, that's nuts, Doc!

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Wilson was up because he’s a natural wing and someone in the org wants us to be bigger and tougher.

They seemed to specifically make room for Blueger with the trades of Grant and Sheahan. Seems like a decent vote of confidence.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
You mean it's irrational I got angry that they called him up last year only to sit him in the press box and then constantly called up Wilson over him this season until they had no choice but to finally call him up because it started to look beyond moronic that they kept passing him up for call-ups?

Why, that's nuts, Doc!

Yes, it is irrational to criticize an organizations development of their own player when he’s doing great..

We drafted and built Teddy into who he is. We also as Jacob pointed out specifically traded out three centers to make room for him this year.

This was not a can’t miss 1st round pick. It’s basically our next Bryan Rust.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yes, it is irrational to criticize an organizations development of their own player when he’s doing great..

We drafted and built Teddy into who he is. We also as Jacob pointed out specifically traded out three centers to make room for him this year.

This was not a can’t miss 1st round pick. It’s basically our next Bryan Rust.

Lol...what is this revisionist history going around with respect to Blueger...they did not trade Grant, Sheahan and Brass to make room for Teddy...they don’t even want to play him at center...he’s only up and playing because of injuries ... I like him, he’s doing great on L4 and I hope he sticks around...but unless he scores more, L4 in a couple weeks is going to be ZAR-Cullen-Wilson

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol...what is this revisionist history going around with respect to Blueger...they did not trade Grant, Sheahan and Brass to make room for Teddy...they don’t even want to play him at center...he’s only up and playing because of injuries ... I like him, he’s doing great on L4 and I hope he sticks around...but unless he scores more, L4 in a couple weeks is going to be ZAR-Cullen-Wilson
It should be Blueger/Cullen - Cullen/Blueger - ZAR

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

They very specifically traded Grant away to give them more flexibility about who would be 13th forward and allow them to look at players from WBS. I can't remember for sure, but I'm fairly sure Bloogs was name checked at around this point (although there was mainly a lot of chat about Wilson) and even if I'm misremembering, Bloogs was by far and away the most obvious forward call up from WBS except for the positional thing. And in trading away a natural centre without getting one back, they made that easier. I can't agree that trading Sheahan and Brass were about making space for Teddy, but trading Grant definitely was.

Not sure what you're on about with them not wanting to play Blueger at centre either.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
They very specifically traded Grant away to give them more flexibility about who would be 13th forward and allow them to look at players from WBS. I can't remember for sure, but I'm fairly sure Bloogs was name checked at around this point (although there was mainly a lot of chat about Wilson) and even if I'm misremembering, Bloogs was by far and away the most obvious forward call up from WBS except for the positional thing. And in trading away a natural centre without getting one back, they made that easier. I can't agree that trading Sheahan and Brass were about making space for Teddy, but trading Grant definitely was.

Not sure what you're on about with them not wanting to play Blueger at centre either.

Gross..apparently they also wanted to give Wilson a permanent home...f***...

For Penguins, trading Derek Grant opens door for many others

"More likely, the move will give winger Garrett Wilson a little stronger hold on an NHL job. The Penguins like Wilson’s physicality and intangibles. He has no goals and two assists in 17 games this season.
“This opens the door to have him with the Penguins more than we have in the first half,” Rutherford said.
The subtraction of Grant also removes a roadblock should the Penguins decide to fill their final forward spot with a prospect now playing in Wilkes-Barre.
There’s no way to get them in here unless we get injuries, and then it depends on what role we’re looking for, what position,” Rutherford said. “Teddy Blueger jumps out the most. He’s worked his way. He’s ready to play in Pittsburgh, but he plays center and that opportunity has not opened up for him.”

I added the bold. They still weren't looking to get WBS guys up. The injuries are the only reason TB is here, not because Grant is gone, because GW has a permanent role in the NHL now. Plus, reading into the role/position comment, it's likely they don't really want C playing W etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99 and Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Gross..apparently they also wanted to give Wilson a permanent home...****...

For Penguins, trading Derek Grant opens door for many others

"More likely, the move will give winger Garrett Wilson a little stronger hold on an NHL job. The Penguins like Wilson’s physicality and intangibles. He has no goals and two assists in 17 games this season.
“This opens the door to have him with the Penguins more than we have in the first half,” Rutherford said.
The subtraction of Grant also removes a roadblock should the Penguins decide to fill their final forward spot with a prospect now playing in Wilkes-Barre.
There’s no way to get them in here unless we get injuries, and then it depends on what role we’re looking for, what position,” Rutherford said. “Teddy Blueger jumps out the most. He’s worked his way. He’s ready to play in Pittsburgh, but he plays center and that opportunity has not opened up for him.”

I added the bold. They still weren't looking to get WBS guys up. The injuries are the only reason TB is here, not because Grant is gone, because GW has a permanent role in the NHL now. Plus, reading into the role/position comment, it's likely they don't really want C playing W etc.

Thanks for grabbing that quote!

Remember though that most NHL squads are planning around injuries happening and opening the pathway to young players. Just because they don't promote a young guy immediately doesn't mean they don't plan on him being there - the planned pathway is frequently being first man up when injuries strike. And that's what happened with Blueger. They moved a player so he could be first guy up.

AndrewGaze

Apr 5, 2013
Really hope Blue sticks around and keeps getting ice time to prove himself, I think he's showing some value

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Wilson was up because he’s a natural wing and someone in the org wants us to be bigger and tougher.

They seemed to specifically make room for Blueger with the trades of Grant and Sheahan. Seems like a decent vote of confidence.

I can't think of anyone in the organization who would chuck the speed game that won two cups in some quest for a kind of stick measuring contest hockey that was left in the dust decades ago.

Bill_Guerin_5.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad