Recalled/Assigned: Teddy Blueger Blue, You're My Goat, 2nd Fiddle To Nobody! thread

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
It is going to be very interesting what happens when everyone is back. Who sits?

Choose the two who sits when Malkin and Aston-Reese come back from injury. Wilson and ? For me I have a hard time picking that 2nd player. It was easy before Blueger Came up just keep Wilson as 13th forward. Now with Blueger having 3 good games this decision is going to be difficult. Is he for real? What I mean is can he be more than I expected for his upside? Can Blueger be a 20 goal scoring Center? I thought max upside would be 3C and that was even wishful thinking but after seeing that shot and his overall play I am starting to second guess myself. I know he won’t ever get top 2 line spot on this team a team Center but what is this guys upside?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It is going to be very interesting what happens when everyone is back. Who sits?

Choose the two who sits when Malkin and Aston-Reese come back from injury. Wilson and ? For me I have a hard time picking that 2nd player. It was easy before Blueger Came up just keep Wilson as 13th forward. Now with Blueger having 3 good games this decision is going to be difficult. Is he for real? What I mean is can he be more than I expected for his upside? Can Blueger be a 20 goal scoring Center? I thought max upside would be 3C and that was even wishful thinking but after seeing that shot and his overall play I am starting to second guess myself. I know he won’t ever get top 2 line spot on this team a team Center but what is this guys upside?

I’ve been saying for awhile he can be a top nine winger if the org opens their eyes and realizes his potential at wing. Guentzel and Simon are converted centers that swung out. What nonsense is in JRs head when he knows this about his other wingers, and claims TB is strictly a center?

I’m sure TB would prefer center, but I’m also sure he wants to play in the NHL and he has the skill set to play wing, so take advantage of it.

I know he hasn’t had an opportunity to show it yet, but he’s a really slick playmaker and that would benefit a guy like say... Malkin.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA

I’d like to see more games with blueger but if he continues his strong play, I’d play him over Simon.

Guentzel Crosby Rust
Blueger Malkin Hornqvist
Pearson Bjugstad Kessel
McCann Cullen Aston-Reese

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
I’d assume he sits when ZAR is back. Which sucks...
It really sucks, i want him to stay in the lineup for long time. Not to mention that although he’ll be a RFA at the end of this season,are there other options out there. I mean he’s clearly NHL ready and i’m not sure if he’ll want to stay in AHL next few years.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I’d like to see more games with blueger but if he continues his strong play, I’d play him over Simon.

Guentzel Crosby Rust
Blueger Malkin Hornqvist
Pearson Bjugstad Kessel
McCann Cullen Aston-Reese

That lineup looks exactly what I think would be the best with the question being that 2LW. As of now I am deciding between Simon, Blueger, and Aston-Reese as the odd man out. That is going to be a tough choice. The more I think about it Blueger has a good shot because Sullivan likes his two way game and his PK ability so he could really get a spot over one of those two guys. My guess is Blueger is still going to have to really outplay them because he is the lowest tenured player. Great start and he looks like he is a keeper. Do the Pens still make a trade? Who and for what?

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
That lineup looks exactly what I think would be the best with the question being that 2LW. As of now I am deciding between Simon, Blueger, and Aston-Reese as the odd man out. That is going to be a tough choice. The more I think about it Blueger has a good shot because Sullivan likes his two way game and his PK ability so he could really get a spot over one of those two guys. My guess is Blueger is still going to have to really outplay them because he is the lowest tenured player. Great start and he looks like he is a keeper. Do the Pens still make a trade? Who and for what?
Perhaps 2020 2nd and Simon to CAR for Ferland at 50% retained ($875k)

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Just trying to get my bearings after the big move.

Crosby, Malkin, Bjustad and Cullen down the middle.

Guentzel, Pearson, McCann on LW
Kessel, Hornqvist as RW
Rust, Simon, Blueger, ZAR ... Big gap... Wilson as swing wingers.

1. Who sits
2. Is a guy moved to address a D upgrade.
3. Do we sit tight so we can move Blueger/McCann back to C next year.
4. If someone is moved..who?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I’d assume he sits when ZAR is back. Which sucks, but honestly he seems to be developing him fine. Rather let him play in the A then scratch him.
I hope we keep him in, but if he's not playing I agree I hope he's in the AHL. That said, he's looking like he should at worst be our 13th forward, even if he does it from WBS.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Perhaps 2020 2nd and Simon to CAR for Ferland at 50% retained ($875k)

We don’t need any retention to it him in. I think they would do that deal if we had a 2020 2nd :laugh:. Should the Pens? Hate rentals so it all depends on what you think of Simon for his future. Is he a future productive top 9 or is he not and a good move for a rental?

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Teddy Glueger

BSddVlP.png

Reactions: Jacob

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
We don’t need any retention to it him in. I think they would do that deal if we had a 2020 2nd :laugh:. Should the Pens? Hate rentals so it all depends on what you think of Simon for his future. Is he a future productive top 9 or is he not and a good move for a rental?
Ha! Forgot the Fleury deal.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I am.

Maybe in a different year but RW is stacked up already and they seem to want McCann to get a look at LW.

I agree, this year Bjugstad gives that 3rd line it’s best chance to have someone that can produce with Kessel. I can’t see McCann doing that yet. He is only 22 so maybe some day considering he is the youngest player on the team and 2 years younger than Blueger and maybe some day he will be more than a mid 30’s type 3C which he has been the past two seasons. McCann is the perfect 3C right now but Pens are looking at a 2C for Kessel and that has always been the case. Rutherford has always wanted 3 scoring lines like the HBK year. Pens got lucky that Bonino played better than his norm for a few short months to provide that. Rutherford got Brassard to provide that scoring and now Bjugstad.

Last edited:

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Possibly ZAR and him split time. Could also see Simon sitting if he goes through a cold patch.

It gets real interesting in a few weeks when Malkin, Aston-Reese, and Schultz all in lineup. I never thought I would say this but if Pettersson doesn’t get out of this funk he has been in lately he might be the odd man out. I have no idea who sits between Simon, Aston-Reese, and Blueger. Sullivan is going to have some hard decisions to make. Rutherford still might do something to trade two players for a better one to make the decisions easier. Good problem to have at forward.

Defense is a mess at this time. It was looking like everything was going to fit so well just a couple weeks ago when that Pettersson-Johnson pairing was doing so well and even getting top 4 minutes. I figured when Schultz got back the Pens would put him with Maatta and they would be the 2nd pairing and Pettersson-Johnson would bump down to less minutes and we would have a nice situation with having a good number 7 in Riikola in case of injury. Now I don’t know how those pairings are going to work after the top pairing.

Reactions: EightyOne

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Then who sits? That is the question. Post your prediction.

First of all their are still games to be played before Geno and ZAR come back which would obviously factor into who sits.

Second of all its pretty rare for a team to be fully healthy for an extended amount of time, Pens might go the rest of the year without having everybody healthy at the same time.

And even if they do get everybody back at full health it wouldn't last for long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad