Friedman: Teams interested in Trocheck

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Not sure what you are trying to say here...
Something like this...
4E58C029-5CC3-4158-ACA1-7D76266D337E.jpeg

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Moving Staal could be workable (if Florida isn’t on his no trade list) but the add on Florida’s side would need to be pretty significant.

The Wild could likely get a first for Staal if he was made available. And if Panther fans are to be believed, Brodin may just have more value at this point than Trocheck’s given their trajectories.

Not saying the add wouldn't be significant but FLA's 1st holds a lot more value than say, the top 5-6 contending teams.
Doubt FLA would be on Staal's wish list, ya never know though. He could mentor Barkov a bit so maybe that appeals to him? We have the coach, decent depth, weather/tax advantages but just missing 1-2 more veterans.
Obviously depends on what direction MIN is going, quick 1 year turnaround or a 2 -3 year re-tool?

This would be Trocheck's first down year in a while though, he's basically a 50-55pt C his whole career.
Maybe the injury from last year is playing into his head where's not as aggressive as he once was but this a player that does care and feel he would be a change of scenery/bounce back candidate, it'd shock him and spark that fire/hunger again. He still has good speed, hits and can win faceoffs along with the 50ish points.
MIN could definitely try him at 1C and see what happens, he's shown he can do it for stretches but they know he's a low end 2C at worst.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Let me rephrase. Is he closer to Bjugstad territory?
No.he is a valuable player who makes plays: with first unit power play time he will be back to way a 60 point guy.

Part of our disappointment is from not realizing Hoffman forced Troch to the 2nd powerplay where he had to be more of a playmaker...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think the Wild would be crazy to trade Brodin for Trochek, but hey, I'm not a scout. Maybe Trochek is on the verge of rediscovering the form that he had a couple of years ago, but is just hiding it real well. What I do know about Brodin that he is playing like a demi God from a Norse legend, and seems to be getting better. He is in fantastic shape, has good size, is a great skater, and has no serious injury issues. I don't think it's crazy to see him being effective for another 8 years at least, with the physical talent he has.

"this is his first down year"...who are you trying to kid?

For Wild fans. Trochek has one more goal than JEE, if that helps put things in perspective for you.

Would far rather have Domi, if the cost is the same, and he has his warts also.

Last edited:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
What gets added to trocheck to get staal and brodin in a single deal. All picks and prospects on the table

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
He hasn't ventured in that deep yet, but he's on his way.
Would the Panthers be interested in McCann back? I love him on the Pens but I am also very interested in Trocheck so I’d make him available.

And the Panthers seem to need defense so I’d include prospect Pierre Oliver Joseph.

Panthers could take money back.

McCann, Bjugstad (cap dump, 1 year left), and POJ for Trocheck?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Would the Panthers be interested in McCann back? I love him on the Pens but I am also very interested in Trocheck so I’d make him available.

And the Panthers seem to need defense so I’d include prospect Pierre Oliver Joseph.

Panthers could take money back.

McCann, Bjugstad (cap dump, 1 year left), and POJ for Trocheck?
Lmao

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
i would imagine his value would be way lower next season as a rental.
the extra year gets better adds. u got guys in the AHL u could call up and play right?

Not really, our NHL-ready center depth is abysmal, which is why the Wild would even consider trading Brodin or Dumba. Only guy in the AHL that would be serviceable is Sturm and his ceiling is probably a 3C. The Wild have a few later-round gems that are looking like they could develop into Top 6 centers, but they're still a minimum 2-3 years out.

With Kaprizov coming over next year and our elite defense still in tact, it makes sense to keep Staal around if we can't find a Top 6 C to replace him with. I could see Staal aging like Thornton has, since Staal's game really doesn't rely on assets that typically decline in age (e.g. skating). With his strong desire to stay in Minnesota by taking a significant discount in $, he's an asset that comes with very little risk that can help bridge the gap while we try to figure out our center situation.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Nah.

But what’s actually funny is panthers fans not being able to agree with each other of Trocheck is trash or worth something.

The poster I quoted, a Panthers fan, says he is trending towards Bjugstad territory. If that’s the case my offer is generous.

And you think he’d return Brodin+ LMAOOOO

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Nah.

But what’s actually funny is panthers fans not being able to agree with each other of Trocheck is trash or worth something.

The poster I quoted, a Panthers fan, says he is trending towards Bjugstad territory. If that’s the case my offer is generous.

And you think he’d return Brodin+ LMAOOOO
Why would we want McCann and Bjugstad back? That makes no sense.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Why would we want McCann and Bjugstad back? That makes no sense.
Because McCann is a good hockey player? Or are the Panthers not interested in those?

Bjugstad is a cap dump in the deal. Nothing more. Who gives a shit if he’s already been on FLA.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
He probably has given up mentally - tough not to when youre been in the situation he has been for some time now

Change of scenery would do him well

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
I mean we really have no need for Staal. Take him out if you want lol I was just saying send him back for cap reasons and cause we lose a center..

What people need to realize is Trocheck still is valuable at his position and contract numbers. I would even say he’s the best available center at his cap hit at the moment

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00