Friedman: Teams interested in Trocheck

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Because we mentioned it on our board what about Savard+reasonable kid or pick. Ask anyone who watched Savard lasy playoffs what a beast he is especially blocking shots. He may have stopped more then Bob the 2nd series . We can trade Wennberg with to see if he works and if not the buyout is insanely cheap for a chance at a reclamation.

Done.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Mmmm, I have the distinct deja vu of certain dummy sabres posters talking about O'Reilly two years ago in this thread about Trochek.

Sabres offer Sobotka, Tage Thompson and Ryan Johnson. If you twist my arm I'll add Okposo....

Seriously, botts go get him to make up for your idiocy.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Regarding Trocheck, some of our fans want him to be the 75pt C he was a couple years back but that mirage is gone.
He's back to his defensive role for the most part, he leads the team in takeaways (although he also leads in giveaways) and just behind Barkov in faceoffs at 53.4%.
He has his warts like most players, he should be paired with guys who have speed and like to play physical.

Regarding Borgstrom, he's been matched up against opposition's top lines in AHL to learn the defensive side of things.
They know he has offensive tools but if he's going to be a C for the Panthers, he needs to focus on the 200 ft game.
If you combine his 2 partial years, he's got 14 goals, 41pts in 65 games, +5 and only 16 PIMs.

MIN is one of 2-3 teams that make sense to trade with but I doubt Tallon will trade both Trocheck and Borgstrom together in one trade, it depletes our entire Center depth.
In saying that, moving Trocheck for Brodin is a good base for a deal but Staal or Koivu would have to come back to make any sort of sense. Florida would add to even it out but trading 2 of our C's won't happen imo.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
MIN is one of 2-3 teams that make sense to trade with but I doubt Tallon will trade both Trocheck and Borgstrom together in one trade, it depletes our entire Center depth.
In saying that, moving Trocheck for Brodin is a good base for a deal but Staal or Koivu would have to come back to make any sort of sense. Florida would add to even it out but trading 2 of our C's won't happen imo.

Moving Staal could be workable (if Florida isn’t on his no trade list) but the add on Florida’s side would need to be pretty significant.

The Wild could likely get a first for Staal if he was made available. And if Panther fans are to be believed, Brodin may just have more value at this point than Trocheck’s given their trajectories.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Brady Skjei for Vinny Trochek.

Change of scenery for both guys to see if they can rebound elsewhere.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Moving Staal could be workable (if Florida isn’t on his no trade list) but the add on Florida’s side would need to be pretty significant.

The Wild could likely get a first for Staal if he was made available. And if Panther fans are to be believed, Brodin may just have more value at this point than Trocheck’s given their trajectories.
Wild should make Staal available. you guys should consider a rebuild or massive retool. and Staal isnt getting any younger. if a 1st is available for him take it a run.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Wild should make Staal available. you guys should consider a rebuild or massive retool. and Staal isnt getting any younger. if a 1st is available for him take it a run.

If Guerin gets a good offer on Staal, I'm sure he would consider it.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020

At the end of the day they still need to fill top 6 center roles this year and next. If they keep him until next season where he is expiring, his value at the deadline may not be all that different.

The team isn’t really interested in bottoming out. They have workable pieces if they can fill some, albeit important, roles. This isn’t a team completely devoid of hope and they’ve got some promising options coming over the next year or two.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
At the end of the day they still need to fill top 6 center roles this year and next. If they keep him until next season where he is expiring, his value at the deadline may not be all that different.

The team isn’t really interested in bottoming out. They have workable pieces if they can fill some, albeit important, roles. This isn’t a team completely devoid of hope and they’ve got some promising options coming over the next year or two.
i would imagine his value would be way lower next season as a rental.
the extra year gets better adds. u got guys in the AHL u could call up and play right?

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
It makes too much sense for the Sabres to get him. They have a giant hole in the middle six at center, the cap hit isn't terrible (and its only for two more years if he truly sucks). Plus, he'd get to play with skinner!

Reactions: seagull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad